1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Windows Update Error 80070424 for Vista

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by rsminfo, Sep 7, 2009.

  1. rsminfo

    rsminfo Guest

    All,

    I am having problems with Windows Vista. Since I've installed the Avast
    Anti-Virus it's not working. I've already removed it and tried several things
    (I am describing some below).

    Also, I touhght that installing the service pack 2 everything will be fine
    but the same error appears...80070424.

    My system is Windows Vista Home Premium 64bits.

    I've tried to:
    - run Microsoft Fix It agents;
    - reinstall the agent (unsuccessfully);
    - create a bat file with these instructions: sc config wuauserv start= auto
    sc config bits start= auto
    sc config DcomLaunch start= auto
    net stop wuauserv
    net start wuauserv
    net stop bits
    net start bits
    net start DcomLaunch
    - run manually the services;
    - reinstall BITS services.

    I'm pretty worried because the error insists to happen.

    Does anybody can help me?
    --
    rsminfo
     
  2. Peter Foldes

    Peter Foldes Guest

    {crossposted to the public.windowsupdate newsgroup}

    --
    Peter

    Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
    Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.

    "rsminfo" <rsminfo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    news:20B6C548-4FB7-461D-82A6-DD67316BF48B@microsoft.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > All,
    >
    > I am having problems with Windows Vista. Since I've installed the Avast
    > Anti-Virus it's not working. I've already removed it and tried several things
    > (I am describing some below).
    >
    > Also, I touhght that installing the service pack 2 everything will be fine
    > but the same error appears...80070424.
    >
    > My system is Windows Vista Home Premium 64bits.
    >
    > I've tried to:
    > - run Microsoft Fix It agents;
    > - reinstall the agent (unsuccessfully);
    > - create a bat file with these instructions: sc config wuauserv start= auto
    > sc config bits start= auto
    > sc config DcomLaunch start= auto
    > net stop wuauserv
    > net start wuauserv
    > net stop bits
    > net start bits
    > net start DcomLaunch
    > - run manually the services;
    > - reinstall BITS services.
    >
    > I'm pretty worried because the error insists to happen.
    >
    > Does anybody can help me?
    > --
    > rsminfo <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  3. What anti-virus application was installed before you installed Avast?

    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > "rsminfo" wrote:<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> I am having problems with Windows Vista. Since I've installed the Avast
    >> Anti-Virus it's not working. I've already removed it and tried several
    >> things (I am describing some below).
    >>
    >> Also, I touhght that installing the service pack 2 everything will be
    >> fine
    >> but the same error appears...80070424.
    >>
    >> My system is Windows Vista Home Premium 64bits.
    >>
    >> I've tried to:
    >> - run Microsoft Fix It agents;
    >> - reinstall the agent (unsuccessfully);
    >> - create a bat file with these instructions: sc config wuauserv start=
    >> auto
    >> sc config bits start= auto
    >> sc config DcomLaunch start= auto
    >> net stop wuauserv
    >> net start wuauserv
    >> net stop bits
    >> net start bits
    >> net start DcomLaunch
    >> - run manually the services;
    >> - reinstall BITS services.
    >>
    >> I'm pretty worried because the error insists to happen. <!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  4. TaurArian

    TaurArian Guest

    Peter Foldes wrote:
    :: {crossposted to the public.windowsupdate newsgroup}
    ::
    :: --
    :: Peter
    ::
    :: Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
    :: Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be
    :: acknowledged.
    ::
    :: "rsminfo" <rsminfo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    :: news:20B6C548-4FB7-461D-82A6-DD67316BF48B@microsoft.com...
    ::: All,
    :::
    ::: I am having problems with Windows Vista. Since I've installed the
    ::: Avast Anti-Virus it's not working. I've already removed it and
    ::: tried several things (I am describing some below).
    :::
    ::: Also, I touhght that installing the service pack 2 everything will
    ::: be fine but the same error appears...80070424.
    :::
    ::: My system is Windows Vista Home Premium 64bits.
    :::
    ::: I've tried to:
    ::: - run Microsoft Fix It agents;
    ::: - reinstall the agent (unsuccessfully);
    ::: - create a bat file with these instructions: sc config wuauserv
    ::: start= auto sc config bits start= auto
    ::: sc config DcomLaunch start= auto
    ::: net stop wuauserv
    ::: net start wuauserv
    ::: net stop bits
    ::: net start bits
    ::: net start DcomLaunch
    ::: - run manually the services;
    ::: - reinstall BITS services.
    :::
    ::: I'm pretty worried because the error insists to happen.
    :::
    ::: Does anybody can help me?
    ::: --
    ::: rsminfo


    See: Error message when you use Windows Update or Microsoft Update Web sites
    to install updates: 0x80070424


    Otherwise:
    How do I reset the Windows Update settings?

    --

    TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2010 - Update Services

    ======================================
    Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties
    or guarantees and doesn't give any rights.
     
  5. rsminfo

    rsminfo Guest

    I've already reset my windows update settings. The previous antivirus was
    AVG. It's now installed on my machine.
    --
    rsminfo


    "TaurArian" wrote:
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Peter Foldes wrote:
    > :: {crossposted to the public.windowsupdate newsgroup}
    > ::
    > :: --
    > :: Peter
    > ::
    > :: Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
    > :: Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be
    > :: acknowledged.
    > ::
    > :: "rsminfo" <rsminfo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > :: news:20B6C548-4FB7-461D-82A6-DD67316BF48B@microsoft.com...
    > ::: All,
    > :::
    > ::: I am having problems with Windows Vista. Since I've installed the
    > ::: Avast Anti-Virus it's not working. I've already removed it and
    > ::: tried several things (I am describing some below).
    > :::
    > ::: Also, I touhght that installing the service pack 2 everything will
    > ::: be fine but the same error appears...80070424.
    > :::
    > ::: My system is Windows Vista Home Premium 64bits.
    > :::
    > ::: I've tried to:
    > ::: - run Microsoft Fix It agents;
    > ::: - reinstall the agent (unsuccessfully);
    > ::: - create a bat file with these instructions: sc config wuauserv
    > ::: start= auto sc config bits start= auto
    > ::: sc config DcomLaunch start= auto
    > ::: net stop wuauserv
    > ::: net start wuauserv
    > ::: net stop bits
    > ::: net start bits
    > ::: net start DcomLaunch
    > ::: - run manually the services;
    > ::: - reinstall BITS services.
    > :::
    > ::: I'm pretty worried because the error insists to happen.
    > :::
    > ::: Does anybody can help me?
    > ::: --
    > ::: rsminfo
    >
    >
    > See: Error message when you use Windows Update or Microsoft Update Web sites
    > to install updates: 0x80070424
    >
    >
    > Otherwise:
    > How do I reset the Windows Update settings?
    >

    > --
    >
    > TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2010 - Update Services
    >

    > ======================================
    > Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties
    > or guarantees and doesn't give any rights.
    >
    >
    >
    > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  6. Jim

    Jim Guest

    On Mon, 7 Sep 2009 19:23:01 -0700, rsminfo
    <rsminfo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    >All,
    >
    >I am having problems with Windows Vista. Since I've installed the Avast
    >Anti-Virus it's not working. I've already removed it and tried several things
    >(I am describing some below).
    >
    >Also, I touhght that installing the service pack 2 everything will be fine
    >but the same error appears...80070424.
    >
    >My system is Windows Vista Home Premium 64bits.
    >
    >I've tried to:
    >- run Microsoft Fix It agents;
    >- reinstall the agent (unsuccessfully);
    >- create a bat file with these instructions: sc config wuauserv start= auto
    >sc config bits start= auto
    >sc config DcomLaunch start= auto
    >net stop wuauserv
    >net start wuauserv
    >net stop bits
    >net start bits
    >net start DcomLaunch
    >- run manually the services;
    >- reinstall BITS services.
    >
    >I'm pretty worried because the error insists to happen.
    >
    >Does anybody can help me? <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    To see if the antivirus is working , run the EICAR test ( it`s a
    non-virus simulator ) .
     
  7. Huh?

    rsminfo wrote:<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > I've already reset my windows update settings. The previous antivirus was
    > AVG. It's now installed on my machine.
    > <!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> Peter Foldes wrote:<!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    >>>> {crossposted to the public.windowsupdate newsgroup}
    >>>>
    >>>> --
    >>>> Peter
    >>>>
    >>>> Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
    >>>> Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be
    >>>> acknowledged.
    >>>>
    >>>> "rsminfo" <rsminfo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>>> news:20B6C548-4FB7-461D-82A6-DD67316BF48B@microsoft.com...
    >>>>> All,
    >>>>>
    >>>>> I am having problems with Windows Vista. Since I've installed the
    >>>>> Avast Anti-Virus it's not working. I've already removed it and
    >>>>> tried several things (I am describing some below).
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Also, I touhght that installing the service pack 2 everything will
    >>>>> be fine but the same error appears...80070424.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> My system is Windows Vista Home Premium 64bits.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> I've tried to:
    >>>>> - run Microsoft Fix It agents;
    >>>>> - reinstall the agent (unsuccessfully);
    >>>>> - create a bat file with these instructions: sc config wuauserv
    >>>>> start= auto sc config bits start= auto
    >>>>> sc config DcomLaunch start= auto
    >>>>> net stop wuauserv
    >>>>> net start wuauserv
    >>>>> net stop bits
    >>>>> net start bits
    >>>>> net start DcomLaunch
    >>>>> - run manually the services;
    >>>>> - reinstall BITS services.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> I'm pretty worried because the error insists to happen.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Does anybody can help me?
    >>>>> --
    >>>>> rsminfo<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >>
    >>
    >> See: Error message when you use Windows Update or Microsoft Update Web
    >> sites to install updates: 0x80070424
    >>
    >>
    >> Otherwise:
    >> How do I reset the Windows Update settings?
    >>

    >> --
    >>
    >> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2010 - Update Services
    >>

    >> ======================================
    >> Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties
    >> or guarantees and doesn't give any rights.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  8. rsminfo

    rsminfo Guest

    My AV is owrking...Windows Update it's not working.
    --
    rsminfo


    "Jim" wrote:
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > On Mon, 7 Sep 2009 19:23:01 -0700, rsminfo
    > <rsminfo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    > <!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    > >
    > >All,
    > >
    > >I am having problems with Windows Vista. Since I've installed the Avast
    > >Anti-Virus it's not working. I've already removed it and tried several things
    > >(I am describing some below).
    > >
    > >Also, I touhght that installing the service pack 2 everything will be fine
    > >but the same error appears...80070424.
    > >
    > >My system is Windows Vista Home Premium 64bits.
    > >
    > >I've tried to:
    > >- run Microsoft Fix It agents;
    > >- reinstall the agent (unsuccessfully);
    > >- create a bat file with these instructions: sc config wuauserv start= auto
    > >sc config bits start= auto
    > >sc config DcomLaunch start= auto
    > >net stop wuauserv
    > >net start wuauserv
    > >net stop bits
    > >net start bits
    > >net start DcomLaunch
    > >- run manually the services;
    > >- reinstall BITS services.
    > >
    > >I'm pretty worried because the error insists to happen.
    > >
    > >Does anybody can help me? <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    > To see if the antivirus is working , run the EICAR test ( it`s a
    > non-virus simulator ) .
    >
    > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  9. rsminfo;1554863 Wrote: <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > My AV is owrking...Windows Update it's not working.
    > --
    > rsminfo
    >
    >
    > "Jim" wrote:
    > <!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    > > On Mon, 7 Sep 2009 19:23:01 -0700, rsminfo
    > > <rsminfo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    > ><!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    > > >
    > > >All,
    > > >
    > > >I am having problems with Windows Vista. Since I've installed the<!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > Avast<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro--><!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    > > >Anti-Virus it's not working. I've already removed it and tried<!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > several things<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro--><!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    > > >(I am describing some below).
    > > >
    > > >Also, I touhght that installing the service pack 2 everything will<!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > be fine<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro--><!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    > > >but the same error appears...80070424.
    > > >
    > > >My system is Windows Vista Home Premium 64bits.
    > > >
    > > >I've tried to:
    > > >- run Microsoft Fix It agents;
    > > >- reinstall the agent (unsuccessfully);
    > > >- create a bat file with these instructions: sc config wuauserv<!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > start= auto<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro--><!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    > > >sc config bits start= auto
    > > >sc config DcomLaunch start= auto
    > > >net stop wuauserv
    > > >net start wuauserv
    > > >net stop bits
    > > >net start bits
    > > >net start DcomLaunch
    > > >- run manually the services;
    > > >- reinstall BITS services.
    > > >
    > > >I'm pretty worried because the error insists to happen.
    > > >
    > > >Does anybody can help me?<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > >
    > > To see if the antivirus is working , run the EICAR test ( it`s a
    > > non-virus simulator ) .
    > > 'eicar | THE ANTI-VIRUS OR ANTI-MALWARE TEST FILE'<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > ()<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    > ><!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.










    -


    --
    garmejim@gmail.com

    storeofeast 'Charmed' () 'wholesale dvds'
    (
    ) 'Micheal Jackson dvd'
    (
    ) 'Cold Case dvd' ()
    'P90X dvd'
    (
    )
    'MASH dvd' (
    )
    Posted via
     

Share This Page