1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Windows update...driver install fails

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by gbv, Sep 5, 2009.

  1. gbv

    gbv Guest

    Hi -
    New here and there are a zillion entries to look through [​IMG]
    I got notice from windows update that there was an update for my
    monitor driver (HP w2207h). I chose to install it and it failed wih
    "unknown error". I tried a few times and even uninstalled Norton 360
    just in case. Nada.

    When I go through the device manager to update the driver, it
    eventually fails with the error message "access denied".

    Every time I boot now, I get missing device driver error for the
    monitor. :eek:

    What can I do? Has anyone experienced the same? :confused:

    g


    --
    gbv
    Posted via
     
  2. Chuck

    Chuck Guest

Share This Page