1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Windows Explorer Folder Views

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by C and A Bredt, Sep 10, 2009.

  1. Using Windows Vista Home Premium.
    When I look at the contents of folders, the contents are sometimes
    listed as a single list. Sometimes the list is divided into
    sections: A-H, I-P, Q-Z.

    How do I make it not do that?
    Thanks, CB
    --
    C and A Bredt
     
  2. Brink

    Brink Guest

  3. Perfect!!
    Don't know why it suddenly started doing that to a folder
    that I often use, but now I know how to fix it.

    Many thanks, CB
    --
    C and A Bredt
    "Brink" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
    news:61bd81d9e567e2b9c9b268f240f57c70@nntp-gateway.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > Hello C & B Bredt,
    >
    > You can do so by clicking on "Views" (on toolbar) and "Group by", then
    > select "none". It sounds like you currently have it set to Group by
    > Name.
    >
    >
    >
    > Hope this helps,
    > Shawn
    >
    > C and A Bredt;1132381 Wrote:<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> Using Windows Vista Home Premium.
    >> When I look at the contents of folders, the contents are sometimes
    >> listed as a single list. Sometimes the list is divided into
    >> sections: A-H, I-P, Q-Z.
    >>
    >> How do I make it not do that?
    >> Thanks, CB
    >> --
    >> C and A Bredt<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    >
    > --
    > Brink
    >
    > '*MS MVP - Windows Desktop Experience*'
    > (
    )
    > *There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask
    > them.*
    > '*Windows 7 Forums*' (
    )
    > '*Windows Vista Forums*' (
    )
    >
    > *Please post feedback to help others.* <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  4. Brink

    Brink Guest

    You're welcome CB. [​IMG]

    C and A Bredt;1132578 Wrote: <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Perfect!!
    > Don't know why it suddenly started doing that to a folder
    > that I often use, but now I know how to fix it.
    >
    > Many thanks, CB
    > --
    > C and A Bredt
    > "Brink" <guest@xxxxxx-email.com> wrote in message
    > news:61bd81d9e567e2b9c9b268f240f57c70@xxxxxx-gateway.com...> > > <!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro--><!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    > > >
    > > > Hello C & B Bredt,
    > > >
    > > > You can do so by clicking on "Views" (on toolbar) and "Group by",<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > > then<!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    > > > select "none". It sounds like you currently have it set to Group by
    > > > Name.
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > Hope this helps,
    > > > Shawn
    > > >
    > > > C and A Bredt;1132381 Wrote:> > > > >
    > > > >> Using Windows Vista Home Premium.
    > > > >> When I look at the contents of folders, the contents are sometimes
    > > > >> listed as a single list. Sometimes the list is divided into
    > > > >> sections: A-H, I-P, Q-Z.
    > > > >>
    > > > >> How do I make it not do that?
    > > > >> Thanks, CB
    > > > >> --
    > > > >> C and A Bredt> > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Brink
    > > >
    > > > '*MS MVP - Windows Desktop Experience*'
    > > ><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > > (
    )<!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    > > > *There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask
    > > > them.*
    > > > '*Windows 7 Forums*' ('Windows 7 Forums'<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > > (
    ))<!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    > > > '*Windows Vista Forums*' (
    )
    > > >
    > > > *Please post feedback to help others.* > ><!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->


    --
    Brink

    '*MS MVP - Windows Desktop Experience*'
    (
    )
    *There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask
    them.*
    '*Windows 7 Forums*' (
    )
    '*Windows Vista Forums*' (
    )

    *Please post feedback to help others.*
     
  5. Vista is pretty famous for not keeping its folder views consistent, so
    your fix might evaporate any day now :)

    There are work-arounds - or solutions even - that have been listed on
    this NG, but I'm not bothered enough to remember them. Maybe someone
    will post something or maybe Google can help if you can think of a
    suitable query, such as "Vista Folder Displays" or something...

    Here's what C and A Bredt wrote on 9/10/09:<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Perfect!!
    > Don't know why it suddenly started doing that to a folder
    > that I often use, but now I know how to fix it.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Many thanks, CB
    > --
    > C and A Bredt
    > "Brink" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
    > news:61bd81d9e567e2b9c9b268f240f57c70@nntp-gateway.com...<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >>
    >> Hello C & B Bredt,
    >>
    >> You can do so by clicking on "Views" (on toolbar) and "Group by", then
    >> select "none". It sounds like you currently have it set to Group by
    >> Name.
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> Hope this helps,
    >> Shawn
    >>
    >> C and A Bredt;1132381 Wrote:<!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    >>> Using Windows Vista Home Premium.
    >>> When I look at the contents of folders, the contents are sometimes
    >>> listed as a single list. Sometimes the list is divided into
    >>> sections: A-H, I-P, Q-Z.
    >>>
    >>> How do I make it not do that?
    >>> Thanks, CB
    >>> --
    >>> C and A Bredt<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >>
    >>
    >> -- Brink
    >>
    >> '*MS MVP - Windows Desktop Experience*'
    >> (
    )
    >> *There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask
    >> them.*
    >> '*Windows 7 Forums*' (
    )
    >> '*Windows Vista Forums*' (
    )
    >>
    >> *Please post feedback to help others.*<!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    --
    Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com
     
  6. Re-Format Your Computer And Install Open Source Linux Ubuntu 9.04 RTW!

    "C and A Bredt" <abredt_at-delete-this@socal.rr.com> wrote in message
    news:evsPPPkMKHA.5460@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Using Windows Vista Home Premium. When I look at the contents of folders,
    > the contents are sometimes
    > listed as a single list. Sometimes the list is divided into sections: A-H,
    > I-P, Q-Z.
    >
    > How do I make it not do that?
    > Thanks, CB
    > --
    > C and A Bredt <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     

Share This Page