1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Windows 7 News Group

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Anonymous Bus Driver, Sep 14, 2009.

  1. Sorry If this has been asked a million times before but is there a Windows
    & newsgroup on here some place I can add? If not can somebody please tell me
    where to find one [​IMG]

    Many thx

    Steve
     
  2. Dave

    Dave Guest

  3. On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 22:18:10 -0400, "Dave" <Dave@beepbeepbeepbeep.com>
    wrote:
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > No Win 7 newsgroups yet, only forums...<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->


    I hope you're right about the "yet" in that sentence, but it's by no
    means clear that there will be any Microsoft Windows 7 newsgroups.

    I hope I'm wrong in my worries about this, but it's possible that
    Microsoft will never create them.


    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > The support forum for the Windows 7 is:
    >
    >
    > Other forums are:
    >
    <---- my favorite
    >

    >

    >
    >
    > --
    > Windows 7 RC
    >

    >

    >
    > "Anonymous Bus Driver" <anonymous-busdriver@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
    > news:E33E9C25-6343-4BCA-B06E-2CBFEE8C2474@microsoft.com...<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    > > Sorry If this has been asked a million times before but is there a
    > > Windows & newsgroup on here some place I can add? If not can somebody
    > > please tell me where to find one [​IMG]
    > >
    > > Many thx
    > >
    > > Steve <!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    --
    Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
    Please Reply to the Newsgroup
     
  4. GTS

    GTS Guest

    "Ken Blake, MVP" <kblake@this.is.an.invalid.domain> wrote in message
    news:4guta55necg36jjpifubflhaau3ncck5qi@4ax.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 22:18:10 -0400, "Dave" <Dave@beepbeepbeepbeep.com>
    > wrote:
    ><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> No Win 7 newsgroups yet, only forums...<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    >
    > I hope you're right about the "yet" in that sentence, but it's by no
    > means clear that there will be any Microsoft Windows 7 newsgroups.
    >
    > I hope I'm wrong in my worries about this, but it's possible that
    > Microsoft will never create them.
    >
    ><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    Possible, but not very likely. This is exactly the same thing MS did with
    both XP and with Vista. Forums until the official release date and then
    they created news groups.
     
  5. Gordon

    Gordon Guest

    "Anonymous Bus Driver" <anonymous-busdriver@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
    news:E33E9C25-6343-4BCA-B06E-2CBFEE8C2474@microsoft.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Sorry If this has been asked a million times before but is there a
    > Windows & newsgroup on here some place I can add? If not can somebody
    > please tell me where to find one [​IMG]
    >
    > Many thx
    >
    > Steve<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Robinson Zhang MSFT has told me in the 7 forums that there will be NNTP
    groups "in the future"...
     
  6. Jon

    Jon Guest

    "Anonymous Bus Driver" <anonymous-busdriver@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
    news:E33E9C25-6343-4BCA-B06E-2CBFEE8C2474@microsoft.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Sorry If this has been asked a million times before but is there a
    > Windows & newsgroup on here some place I can add? If not can somebody
    > please tell me where to find one [​IMG]
    >
    > Many thx
    >
    > Steve<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->


    Not unless you speak Italian, are a member of the mob, know the secret
    handshakes ....

    --
    Jon
     
  7. Many thanks to you all for your input [​IMG]

    Steve



    "Jon" <Email_Address@SomewhereOrOther.com> wrote in message
    news:OIz80YdNKHA.3992@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > "Anonymous Bus Driver" <anonymous-busdriver@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in
    > message news:E33E9C25-6343-4BCA-B06E-2CBFEE8C2474@microsoft.com...<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> Sorry If this has been asked a million times before but is there a
    >> Windows & newsgroup on here some place I can add? If not can somebody
    >> please tell me where to find one [​IMG]
    >>
    >> Many thx
    >>
    >> Steve<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    >
    > Not unless you speak Italian, are a member of the mob, know the secret
    > handshakes ....
    >
    > --
    > Jon
    >
    >
    >
    > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  8. R. C. White

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, Ken.

    My ISP offers Usenet and today I found a new (?) newsgroup called
    alt.windows7.general . But when I Subscribed and set Synchronizations to
    All Messages - it was empty. And it is still empty after a couple of
    Synchronize All sessions. :>(

    I hope Gordon's information (see his post) is correct and that there will be
    Win7 NGs after October 22.

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX
    rc@grandecom.net
    Microsoft Windows MVP
    Windows Live Mail 2009 (14.0.8089.0726) in Win7 Ultimate x64

    "Ken Blake, MVP" <kblake@this.is.an.invalid.domain> wrote in message
    news:4guta55necg36jjpifubflhaau3ncck5qi@4ax.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 22:18:10 -0400, "Dave" <Dave@beepbeepbeepbeep.com>
    > wrote:
    ><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> No Win 7 newsgroups yet, only forums...<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    >
    > I hope you're right about the "yet" in that sentence, but it's by no
    > means clear that there will be any Microsoft Windows 7 newsgroups.
    >
    > I hope I'm wrong in my worries about this, but it's possible that
    > Microsoft will never create them.
    >
    >
    ><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> The support forum for the Windows 7 is:
    >>
    >>
    >> Other forums are:
    >>
    <---- my favorite
    >>

    >>

    >>
    >>
    >> --
    >> Windows 7 RC
    >>

    >>

    >>
    >> "Anonymous Bus Driver" <anonymous-busdriver@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in
    >> message
    >> news:E33E9C25-6343-4BCA-B06E-2CBFEE8C2474@microsoft.com...<!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    >> > Sorry If this has been asked a million times before but is there a
    >> > Windows & newsgroup on here some place I can add? If not can somebody
    >> > please tell me where to find one [​IMG]
    >> >
    >> > Many thx
    >> >
    >> > Steve<!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    > --
    > Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
    > Please Reply to the Newsgroup <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  9. Tim Slattery

    Tim Slattery Guest

    "R. C. White" <rc@grandecom.net> wrote:
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >Hi, Ken.
    >
    >My ISP offers Usenet and today I found a new (?) newsgroup called
    >alt.windows7.general . But when I Subscribed and set Synchronizations to
    >All Messages - it was empty. And it is still empty after a couple of
    >Synchronize All sessions. :>(<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    I guess that not very many folks have found it.

    --
    Tim Slattery
    MS MVP(Shell/User)
    Slattery_T@bls.gov
     
  10. On Tue, 15 Sep 2009 14:42:18 -0500, "R. C. White" <rc@grandecom.net>
    wrote:
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Hi, Ken.
    >
    > My ISP offers Usenet and today I found a new (?) newsgroup called
    > alt.windows7.general . But when I Subscribed and set Synchronizations to
    > All Messages - it was empty. And it is still empty after a couple of
    > Synchronize All sessions. :>(<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->


    Thanks RC. It's apparently not on my server yet, but I'll keep
    checking it. I hope it will be there in the next few days.

    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > I hope Gordon's information (see his post) is correct and that there will be
    > Win7 NGs after October 22.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->


    Yes, I've seen Gordon's several posts on this. As I told Gordon, I
    also hope he's right, but I don't have the confidence in it he
    apparently does.



    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > "Ken Blake, MVP" <kblake@this.is.an.invalid.domain> wrote in message
    > news:4guta55necg36jjpifubflhaau3ncck5qi@4ax.com...<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    > > On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 22:18:10 -0400, "Dave" <Dave@beepbeepbeepbeep.com>
    > > wrote:
    > ><!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    > >> No Win 7 newsgroups yet, only forums...<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > >
    > >
    > > I hope you're right about the "yet" in that sentence, but it's by no
    > > means clear that there will be any Microsoft Windows 7 newsgroups.
    > >
    > > I hope I'm wrong in my worries about this, but it's possible that
    > > Microsoft will never create them.
    > >
    > >
    > ><!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    > >> The support forum for the Windows 7 is:
    > >>
    > >>
    > >> Other forums are:
    > >>
    <---- my favorite
    > >>

    > >>

    > >>
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Windows 7 RC
    > >>

    > >>

    > >>
    > >> "Anonymous Bus Driver" <anonymous-busdriver@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in
    > >> message
    > >> news:E33E9C25-6343-4BCA-B06E-2CBFEE8C2474@microsoft.com...
    > >> > Sorry If this has been asked a million times before but is there a
    > >> > Windows & newsgroup on here some place I can add? If not can somebody
    > >> > please tell me where to find one [​IMG]
    > >> >
    > >> > Many thx
    > >> >
    > >> > Steve<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > >
    > > --
    > > Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
    > > Please Reply to the Newsgroup <!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    --
    Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
    Please Reply to the Newsgroup
     

Share This Page