1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

why can I not see items that have been placed in recycle bin

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Atom, Sep 4, 2009.

  1. Atom

    Atom Guest

    Hi I have moved a number of files to the recycle bin and I now cannot find them. the cash is set to 949GB has anyone any idea where it has gon to and how to get them back please. I know that I did not permenently delete them


    Post Originated from Vista Support Forums
     
  2. Right-click on the Recycle Bin and choose Open...
    "Atom" wrote in message news:OUMIifaLKHA.3600@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Hi I have moved a number of files to the recycle bin and I now cannot find
    > them. the cash is set to 949GB has anyone any idea where it has gon to and
    > how to get them back please. I know that I did not permenently delete them
    >
    >
    > Post Originated from Vista Support Forums <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  3. Michael

    Michael Guest

    "Atom" wrote in message news:OUMIifaLKHA.3600@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Hi I have moved a number of files to the recycle bin and I now cannot find
    > them. the cash is set to 949GB has anyone any idea where it has gon to and
    > how to get them back please. I know that I did not permenently delete them
    >
    >
    > Post Originated from Vista Support Forums<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Right click on Recycle Bin and make sure "Do not move files to Bin. Remove
    immediately" is not checked.

    --

    Don't pick a fight with an old man.
    If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
     
  4. Jewboy

    Jewboy Guest

    If you move cash into recycle can, you may lose profits.
     
  5. gregg

    gregg Guest

    "Jewboy" <FaakFreeTrade@ChinaStealsUSjobs> wrote in message
    news:#m8GUjdLKHA.3600@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > If you move cash into recycle can, you may lose profits.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Not if you don't permanently delete.
     
  6. Mr.Pancks

    Mr.Pancks Guest

    "Jewboy" <FaakFreeTrade@ChinaStealsUSjobs> wrote in message
    news:#m8GUjdLKHA.3600@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > If you move cash into recycle can, you may lose profits.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Is that why you are broke?
    You've been hiding your money in the trash can instead of under the
    mattress?
    How many years did it take you to realize it wasn't a very good place to
    hide things?

    Well, the good thing is you can rest easy knowing all your valuables are
    safely hidden in a landfill.
     
  7. Tim Slattery

    Tim Slattery Guest

    Atom wrote:
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >Hi I have moved a number of files to the recycle bin and I now cannot
    >find them. the cash is set to 949GB has anyone any idea where it has
    >gon to and how to get them back please. I know that I did not
    >permenently delete them<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Things don't stay in the recycle bin forever. A maximum size has been
    set for it (it's adjustable, it's generally some percentage of your
    disk), when it exceeds that size, the oldest files are deleted to make
    room for newer ones. Once that happens, the deleted files are gone for
    good.

    --
    Tim Slattery
    MS MVP(Shell/User)
    Slattery_T@bls.gov
     
  8. Bill Sharpe

    Bill Sharpe Guest

    Atom wrote:<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Hi I have moved a number of files to the recycle bin and I now cannot find them. the cash is set to 949GB has anyone any idea where it has gon to and how to get them back please. I know that I did not permenently delete them
    >
    >
    > Post Originated from Vista Support Forums<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Sometimes it's worthwhile to empty the recycle bin. The recycle bin is
    not supposed to operate as a backup folder.

    949gb cache? Are you sure?

    If you're positively sure that you want to delete a file permanently,
    hold down the shift key while you press the delete key and the file
    won't go into the recycle bin.

    Bill
     

Share This Page