1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Vista TaskBar

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by W. K. Mahler, Mahlers.Com, Sep 14, 2009.

  1. Hi,

    How do I get my taskbar back to the bottom of the screen?

    It's on the right right now, a place I did not put it, up and down, south to
    north, instead of east to west.


    Thanks,


    William K. Mahler
     
  2. Guest

    Right click a blank spot on the taskbar, make sure Lock Taskbar is
    unclicked, then drag it back to the bottom.

    --
    ..
    --
    "W. K. Mahler, Mahlers.Com" <mahlerscom@NOSPAM.gmail.com> wrote in message
    news:Oc%23k1MaNKHA.3284@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Hi,
    >
    > How do I get my taskbar back to the bottom of the screen?
    >
    > It's on the right right now, a place I did not put it, up and down, south
    > to north, instead of east to west.
    >
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    >
    > William K. Mahler
    >
    > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  3. lemur

    lemur Guest

    You literally click and hold on an empty space on your task bar while
    you drag it to the bottom of the screen.

    If it doesn't move, your task bar could be locked. Right click on task
    bar. If "lock the taskbar" is checked, simply left click on it to
    unlock it.


    --
    lemur

    Please click on rep icon if I've been of any help.
    Thanks!
     
  4. On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 21:23:59 -0400, "W. K. Mahler, Mahlers.Com"
    <mahlerscom@NOSPAM.gmail.com> wrote:
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Hi,
    >
    > How do I get my taskbar back to the bottom of the screen?
    >
    > It's on the right right now, a place I did not put it, up and down, south to
    > north, instead of east to west.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->


    Although by default the task bar appears on the bottom of the screen,
    it can be on any of the sides you prefer it on. To move it from any
    side to another, simply click on an unused part of it and drag it
    where you want it. Be sure to click *within* it, not on the edge;
    clicking on the edge and dragging will resize it, not move it.

    If it won't move, it may be locked. In that case, right click on it
    and uncheck "Lock the taskbar," then try again.

    --
    Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
    Please Reply to the Newsgroup
     

Share This Page