1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Vista + My Music + Outlook 2007 = help!

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by flexichick, Sep 2, 2009.

  1. flexichick

    flexichick Guest

    Oh, this is giving me a headache.

    I have a Dell M1330, running Vista and installed with Office 2007 (not
    purchased from Dell).

    The My Music folder has become corrupted - I can't delete, rename or do
    anything else with it. It's holding about 2000 files hostage. I haven't
    figured out any way (despite lots of searching) to fix it (chkdsk, etc.
    did not work).

    So, I'm considering wiping the machine and reinstalling all drivers
    back to factory install.

    Problem is Office 2007 license was transferred to me by former
    employer. It's legal, but I don't have the media. I went back to the
    former employer and asked for discs. After a long battle, they sent me a
    version of Office that has the other things I need (Excel, Word, PPT and
    One Note), but it doesn't have Outlook 2007. So, now I have media with
    valid key for all of Office, except for Outlook. I need Outlook (not
    express) to sync to my iPhone (which also requires a My Music folder to
    install iTunes...which is how I got into this mess in the first
    place!).

    Any suggestions?

    thanks in advance.


    --
    flexichick
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    flexichick's Profile:
    View this thread:


     
  2. Purchase your own Microsoft Office 2007.

    flexichick wrote:<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Oh, this is giving me a headache.
    >
    > I have a Dell M1330, running Vista and installed with Office 2007 (not
    > purchased from Dell).
    >
    > The My Music folder has become corrupted - I can't delete, rename or do
    > anything else with it. It's holding about 2000 files hostage. I haven't
    > figured out any way (despite lots of searching) to fix it (chkdsk, etc.
    > did not work).
    >
    > So, I'm considering wiping the machine and reinstalling all drivers
    > back to factory install.
    >
    > Problem is Office 2007 license was transferred to me by former
    > employer. It's legal, but I don't have the media. I went back to the
    > former employer and asked for discs. After a long battle, they sent me a
    > version of Office that has the other things I need (Excel, Word, PPT and
    > One Note), but it doesn't have Outlook 2007. So, now I have media with
    > valid key for all of Office, except for Outlook. I need Outlook (not
    > express) to sync to my iPhone (which also requires a My Music folder to
    > install iTunes...which is how I got into this mess in the first
    > place!).
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > thanks in advance.
    >
    > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  3. alexdagr8est

    alexdagr8est Guest

    what specifically happens when you try to access my music. take a screen
    shot and show it to us.
    Have you tried logging in as the computer administrator to get to the
    files?


    --
    alexdagr8est

    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary
    and those that don't.
     
  4. Peter Foldes

    Peter Foldes Guest

    I doubt very much that your employers license that you hold will ever work again.
    This was an Enterprise Home Program and you have used it once and that is the end of
    that
    Also go out and purchase a Office Outlook and try to stop the mooching effect

    --
    Peter

    Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
    Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.

    "flexichick" <flexichick.3xx0vd@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message
    news:flexichick.3xx0vd@DoNotSpam.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > Oh, this is giving me a headache.
    >
    > I have a Dell M1330, running Vista and installed with Office 2007 (not
    > purchased from Dell).
    >
    > The My Music folder has become corrupted - I can't delete, rename or do
    > anything else with it. It's holding about 2000 files hostage. I haven't
    > figured out any way (despite lots of searching) to fix it (chkdsk, etc.
    > did not work).
    >
    > So, I'm considering wiping the machine and reinstalling all drivers
    > back to factory install.
    >
    > Problem is Office 2007 license was transferred to me by former
    > employer. It's legal, but I don't have the media. I went back to the
    > former employer and asked for discs. After a long battle, they sent me a
    > version of Office that has the other things I need (Excel, Word, PPT and
    > One Note), but it doesn't have Outlook 2007. So, now I have media with
    > valid key for all of Office, except for Outlook. I need Outlook (not
    > express) to sync to my iPhone (which also requires a My Music folder to
    > install iTunes...which is how I got into this mess in the first
    > place!).
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > thanks in advance.
    >
    >
    > --
    > flexichick
    > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > flexichick's Profile:
    > View this thread:

    >
    >

    > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  5. flexichick

    flexichick Guest

    ray@zianet.com;4598527 Wrote: <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Purchase your own Microsoft Office 2007.
    >
    > flexichick wrote:<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    > > Oh, this is giving me a headache.
    > >
    > > I have a Dell M1330, running Vista and installed with Office 2007<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > (not<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    > > purchased from Dell).
    > >
    > > The My Music folder has become corrupted - I can't delete, rename or<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > do<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    > > anything else with it. It's holding about 2000 files hostage. I<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > haven't<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    > > figured out any way (despite lots of searching) to fix it (chkdsk,<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > etc.<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    > > did not work).
    > >
    > > So, I'm considering wiping the machine and reinstalling all drivers
    > > back to factory install.
    > >
    > > Problem is Office 2007 license was transferred to me by former
    > > employer. It's legal, but I don't have the media. I went back to the
    > > former employer and asked for discs. After a long battle, they sent<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > me a<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    > > version of Office that has the other things I need (Excel, Word, PPT<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > and<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    > > One Note), but it doesn't have Outlook 2007. So, now I have media<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > with<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    > > valid key for all of Office, except for Outlook. I need Outlook (not
    > > express) to sync to my iPhone (which also requires a My Music folder<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > to<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    > > install iTunes...which is how I got into this mess in the first
    > > place!).
    > >
    > > Any suggestions?
    > >
    > > thanks in advance.
    > >
    > ><!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Go back and read what I wrote. They sent me Office, just not one that
    has Outlook. It's still shrink-wrapped, with valid/legally-purchased
    license key.


    --
    flexichick
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    flexichick's Profile:
    View this thread:


     
  6. LVTravel

    LVTravel Guest

    "flexichick" <flexichick.3xx0vd@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message
    news:flexichick.3xx0vd@DoNotSpam.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > Oh, this is giving me a headache.
    >
    > I have a Dell M1330, running Vista and installed with Office 2007 (not
    > purchased from Dell).
    >
    > The My Music folder has become corrupted - I can't delete, rename or do
    > anything else with it. It's holding about 2000 files hostage. I haven't
    > figured out any way (despite lots of searching) to fix it (chkdsk, etc.
    > did not work).
    >
    > So, I'm considering wiping the machine and reinstalling all drivers
    > back to factory install.
    >
    > Problem is Office 2007 license was transferred to me by former
    > employer. It's legal, but I don't have the media. I went back to the
    > former employer and asked for discs. After a long battle, they sent me a
    > version of Office that has the other things I need (Excel, Word, PPT and
    > One Note), but it doesn't have Outlook 2007. So, now I have media with
    > valid key for all of Office, except for Outlook. I need Outlook (not
    > express) to sync to my iPhone (which also requires a My Music folder to
    > install iTunes...which is how I got into this mess in the first
    > place!).
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > thanks in advance.
    >
    >
    > --
    > flexichick
    > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > flexichick's Profile:
    > View this thread:

    >
    >

    ><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    As many have said, purchase Office with the software you need. I would
    really doubt the key that you have obtained from the employer for the
    previous install of Office with Outlook will activate the version of Office
    disk they gave you without Outlook. Even volume license keys are product
    version specific in most instances.
     
  7. flexichick

    flexichick Guest

    I've found the help I needed. Aside from alexdagr8est, the rest of the
    responses were oh so helpful (insert eye roll). buh bye.


    --
    flexichick
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    flexichick's Profile:
    View this thread:


     
  8. Saga

    Saga Guest

    If you can install and activate Office 2007 with the discs that your
    former employer gave you then you can buy just Outlook:



    Saga


    "flexichick" <flexichick.3xx0vd@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message
    news:flexichick.3xx0vd@DoNotSpam.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > Oh, this is giving me a headache.
    >
    > I have a Dell M1330, running Vista and installed with Office 2007 (not
    > purchased from Dell).
    >
    > The My Music folder has become corrupted - I can't delete, rename or do
    > anything else with it. It's holding about 2000 files hostage. I haven't
    > figured out any way (despite lots of searching) to fix it (chkdsk, etc.
    > did not work).
    >
    > So, I'm considering wiping the machine and reinstalling all drivers
    > back to factory install.
    >
    > Problem is Office 2007 license was transferred to me by former
    > employer. It's legal, but I don't have the media. I went back to the
    > former employer and asked for discs. After a long battle, they sent me a
    > version of Office that has the other things I need (Excel, Word, PPT and
    > One Note), but it doesn't have Outlook 2007. So, now I have media with
    > valid key for all of Office, except for Outlook. I need Outlook (not
    > express) to sync to my iPhone (which also requires a My Music folder to
    > install iTunes...which is how I got into this mess in the first
    > place!).
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > thanks in advance.
    >
    >
    > --
    > flexichick
    > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > flexichick's Profile:

    > View this thread:

    >
    >

    > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  9. LVTravel

    LVTravel Guest

    "flexichick" <flexichick.3xx97a@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message
    news:flexichick.3xx97a@DoNotSpam.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > I've found the help I needed. Aside from alexdagr8est, the rest of the
    > responses were oh so helpful (insert eye roll). buh bye.
    >
    >
    > --
    > flexichick
    > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > flexichick's Profile:
    > View this thread:

    >
    >

    ><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Had you been a little more clear on your initial post more help would
    definitely been forthcoming. You didn't post in a logical manner and the
    post really didn't make much sense. That is why you got many of the
    responses you did.

    Now as for your attitude, no one here is paid to help you and be at your
    beck and call. We are all volunteers and don't work for Microsoft. With you
    attitude and final response I hope you never come back.
     

Share This Page