1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Vista install updates problem with vstudio localhost web server in March

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Ellie, Mar 14, 2009.

  1. Ellie

    Ellie Guest

    I'm running Vista SP1, VS2005 asp.net. I had no problem with the debugger
    webserver until maybe a week or so ago. This was after installing automatic
    updates. The debugger webserver stopped working so I restored my system to
    the last checkpoint in February. Now my debugger webserver is working again
    but I'm not sure which automatic update wrecked it. I am afraid to
    re-install those "critical" updates since I really do need my debugger to
    work. Any thoughts or knowledge about what caused this and what updates I
    can safely install would be appreciated. Thanks Ellie
     
  2. Peter Foldes

    Peter Foldes Guest

    Ellie

    Best you repost this to either the vstudio.general vstudio.setup
    vstudio.net.debug newsgroups where you probably will get a more precise and
    comprehensive answer to you issue which they are aware of

    --
    Peter

    Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
    Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.

    "Ellie" <ellymay999nospam@nospamnetzero.com> wrote in message
    news:OBcpYDMpJHA.5880@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > I'm running Vista SP1, VS2005 asp.net. I had no problem with the debugger
    > webserver until maybe a week or so ago. This was after installing automatic
    > updates. The debugger webserver stopped working so I restored my system to
    > the last checkpoint in February. Now my debugger webserver is working again
    > but I'm not sure which automatic update wrecked it. I am afraid to
    > re-install those "critical" updates since I really do need my debugger to
    > work. Any thoughts or knowledge about what caused this and what updates I
    > can safely install would be appreciated. Thanks Ellie
    > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  3. MBUnit

    MBUnit Guest

    Re: Vista install updates problem with vstudio localhost web serverin March

    Ellie wrote:<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > I'm running Vista SP1, VS2005 asp.net. I had no problem with the debugger
    > webserver until maybe a week or so ago. This was after installing automatic
    > updates. The debugger webserver stopped working so I restored my system to
    > the last checkpoint in February. Now my debugger webserver is working again
    > but I'm not sure which automatic update wrecked it. I am afraid to
    > re-install those "critical" updates since I really do need my debugger to
    > work. Any thoughts or knowledge about what caused this and what updates I
    > can safely install would be appreciated. Thanks Ellie
    > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    You should not be doing auto-updates. You should be doing manual
    updates. By doing that, you can view the description of an update before
    applying it to pin-point which one could have caused problems and/or to
    determine if you wanted the update to begin with.
     
  4. deepeshmd

    deepeshmd Guest

    The solution is removing the next line in the windows host file
    C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

    ::1 localhost

    This is an IpV6 entry. Put a # in front of it. "

    Instead of commenting this IpV6 entry adding the following IpV4 entry
    above this line also helps:

    127.0.0.1 localhost

    or
    Commented out the line

    ::1 LocalHost

    with a # in the hosts file and it now works.


    --
    deepeshmd
     

Share This Page