1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Vista Icons for Default Application on File Types

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by chapmanjw, May 14, 2009.

  1. chapmanjw

    chapmanjw Guest

    Hello,

    This is something that has kind of annoyed me for a while now and can't
    figure out how to fix.

    When I manually change the default program for a file type, like I have set
    my PDFs to open with eCopy Desktop, the icon for each PDF shows up as a paper
    icon with the eCopy icon contained within. It should just show the eCopy
    icon.

    See for a screenshot.

    I have noticed this whenever I change the default program for a file type.
    Is there anyway to get these to show the application icon only, not contained
    within a paper icon?

    Thanks,
    --
    John Chapman
     
  2. Brink

    Brink Guest

  3. John Chapman

    John Chapman Guest

    That worked perfectly. Thanks [​IMG]
    --
    John Chapman

    "Brink" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
    news:4792e35b7094d3514de845a418fd8325@nntp-gateway.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > Hello John,
    >
    > This is normal. It is to differentiate between the PDF program and a
    > PDF document. If you like, you can use the tutorial below to help show
    > you how to change the default ".pdf" file extension icon for the
    > document to one that you want instead though.
    >
    >
    >
    > Hope this helps,
    > Shawn
    >
    > chapmanjw;1043338 Wrote:<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> This is something that has kind of annoyed me for a while now and can't
    >> figure out how to fix.
    >>
    >> When I manually change the default program for a file type, like I have
    >> set
    >> my PDFs to open with eCopy Desktop, the icon for each PDF shows up as a
    >> paper
    >> icon with the eCopy icon contained within. It should just show the
    >> eCopy
    >> icon.
    >>
    >> See
    for a
    >> screenshot.
    >>
    >> I have noticed this whenever I change the default program for a file
    >> type.
    >> Is there anyway to get these to show the application icon only, not
    >> contained
    >> within a paper icon?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> --
    >> John Chapman<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    >
    > --
    > Brink
    >
    > '*MS MVP - Windows Desktop Experience*'
    > (
    )
    > *There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask
    > them.*
    > '*::Windows 7 Forums::*' (
    ) *and*
    > '*::Vista Forums::*' (
    )
    > *Please post feedback to help others.* <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  4. Brink

    Brink Guest

    You're welcome John. I'm happy to hear it. [​IMG]

    John Chapman;1043422 Wrote: <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > That worked perfectly. Thanks [​IMG]
    > --
    > John Chapman
    >
    > "Brink" <guest@xxxxxx-email.com> wrote in message
    > news:4792e35b7094d3514de845a418fd8325@xxxxxx-gateway.com...> > > <!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro--><!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    > > >
    > > > Hello John,
    > > >
    > > > This is normal. It is to differentiate between the PDF program and a
    > > > PDF document. If you like, you can use the tutorial below to help<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > > show<!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    > > > you how to change the default ".pdf" file extension icon for the
    > > > document to one that you want instead though.
    > > >
    > > ><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > > <!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    > > >
    > > > Hope this helps,
    > > > Shawn
    > > >
    > > > chapmanjw;1043338 Wrote:> > > > >
    > > > >> Hello,
    > > > >>
    > > > >> This is something that has kind of annoyed me for a while now and
    > > > can't
    > > > >> figure out how to fix.
    > > > >>
    > > > >> When I manually change the default program for a file type, like I
    > > > have
    > > > >> set
    > > > >> my PDFs to open with eCopy Desktop, the icon for each PDF shows up
    > > > as a
    > > > >> paper
    > > > >> icon with the eCopy icon contained within. It should just show the
    > > > >> eCopy
    > > > >> icon.
    > > > >>
    > > > >> See
    for a
    > > > >> screenshot.
    > > > >>
    > > > >> I have noticed this whenever I change the default program for a file
    > > > >> type.
    > > > >> Is there anyway to get these to show the application icon only, not
    > > > >> contained
    > > > >> within a paper icon?
    > > > >>
    > > > >> Thanks,
    > > > >> --
    > > > >> John Chapman> > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Brink
    > > >
    > > > '*MS MVP - Windows Desktop Experience*'
    > > ><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > > (
    )<!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    > > > *There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask
    > > > them.*
    > > > '*::Windows 7 Forums::*' ('Windows 7 Forums'<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > > (
    )) *and*<!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    > > > '*::Vista Forums::*' (
    )
    > > > *Please post feedback to help others.* > ><!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->


    --
    Brink

    '*MS MVP - Windows Desktop Experience*'
    (
    )
    *There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask
    them.*
    '*::Windows 7 Forums::*' (
    ) *and*
    '*::Vista Forums::*' (
    )
    *Please post feedback to help others.*
     
  5. nudinsenin

    nudinsenin Guest

    I have same problems about vista icons.Recently,I have installed Gom
    player,and it is automatically changed my video icons.How do I change it
    to default video icons?


    --
    nudinsenin
    Posted via
     

Share This Page