1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Vista freezes Randomly

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Kokuson, Sep 2, 2009.

  1. Kokuson

    Kokuson Guest

    I have a problem with my PC (vista). It just freezes randomly while I am
    working on it. It also freezes during the Antivirus scanning (avast),
    windows defender scanning and windows update. I cannot do anything
    except turn it of manually (ON/OFF). It also freezes when I insert a usb
    drive, and recently is making strange sounds (beebs,toot) as some
    creatures are living inside it. (It also freezes in safe mood).
    Moreover, a blue screen appeared morethan once and I don't know if the
    problem is due to a virus or an error in the system.

    I will be thankful for any help.


    --
    Kokuson
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kokuson's Profile:
    View this thread:


     
  2. Jon

    Jon Guest

    "Kokuson" <Kokuson.3xwena@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message
    news:Kokuson.3xwena@DoNotSpam.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > I have a problem with my PC (vista). It just freezes randomly while I am
    > working on it. It also freezes during the Antivirus scanning (avast),
    > windows defender scanning and windows update. I cannot do anything
    > except turn it of manually (ON/OFF). It also freezes when I insert a usb
    > drive, and recently is making strange sounds (beebs,toot) as some
    > creatures are living inside it. (It also freezes in safe mood).
    > Moreover, a blue screen appeared morethan once and I don't know if the
    > problem is due to a virus or an error in the system.
    >
    > I will be thankful for any help.
    >
    ><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->



    It certainly doesn't sound very healthy. Trimming down the number of
    applications you're running may help, as may the information on those 'blue
    screens'; look for driver names like somethingorother.sys, and make a note
    of the error messages, which can help with troubleshooting. "Event Viewer"
    is also usually a big help in that respect - look for 'critical errors',
    'bugcheck' events etc.

    --
    Jon
     
  3. Peter Foldes

    Peter Foldes Guest

    And may we know the error message that is generated when system freezes. Event
    Viewer is where you will see it.

    How much RAM do you have and what version of Vista. Sounds like either a malware
    issue or a hardware issue but we need the error.

    --
    Peter

    Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
    Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.

    "Kokuson" <Kokuson.3xwena@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message
    news:Kokuson.3xwena@DoNotSpam.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > I have a problem with my PC (vista). It just freezes randomly while I am
    > working on it. It also freezes during the Antivirus scanning (avast),
    > windows defender scanning and windows update. I cannot do anything
    > except turn it of manually (ON/OFF). It also freezes when I insert a usb
    > drive, and recently is making strange sounds (beebs,toot) as some
    > creatures are living inside it. (It also freezes in safe mood).
    > Moreover, a blue screen appeared morethan once and I don't know if the
    > problem is due to a virus or an error in the system.
    >
    > I will be thankful for any help.
    >
    >
    > --
    > Kokuson
    > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > Kokuson's Profile:
    > View this thread:

    >
    >

    > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  4. Saga

    Saga Guest

    Also, did you buy this PC with Vista already loaded, or did you upgrade from
    a previous version? Saga

    "Kokuson" <Kokuson.3xwena@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message
    news:Kokuson.3xwena@DoNotSpam.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > I have a problem with my PC (vista). It just freezes randomly while I am
    > working on it. It also freezes during the Antivirus scanning (avast),
    > windows defender scanning and windows update. I cannot do anything
    > except turn it of manually (ON/OFF). It also freezes when I insert a usb
    > drive, and recently is making strange sounds (beebs,toot) as some
    > creatures are living inside it. (It also freezes in safe mood).
    > Moreover, a blue screen appeared morethan once and I don't know if the
    > problem is due to a virus or an error in the system.
    >
    > I will be thankful for any help.
    >
    >
    > --
    > Kokuson
    > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > Kokuson's Profile:
    > View this thread:

    >
    >

    > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  5. Random freeze-ups are generally hardware problems, so unless you are skilled
    at hardware troubleshooting you may want to enlist the assistance of someone
    who is. Without knowing what the blue screen error messages were it's
    difficult to comment intelligently on what they may or may not be.

    "Kokuson" <Kokuson.3xwena@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message
    news:Kokuson.3xwena@DoNotSpam.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > I have a problem with my PC (vista). It just freezes randomly while I am
    > working on it. It also freezes during the Antivirus scanning (avast),
    > windows defender scanning and windows update. I cannot do anything
    > except turn it of manually (ON/OFF). It also freezes when I insert a usb
    > drive, and recently is making strange sounds (beebs,toot) as some
    > creatures are living inside it. (It also freezes in safe mood).
    > Moreover, a blue screen appeared morethan once and I don't know if the
    > problem is due to a virus or an error in the system.
    >
    > I will be thankful for any help.
    >
    >
    > --
    > Kokuson
    > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > Kokuson's Profile:
    > View this thread:

    >
    >

    > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  6. Michael

    Michael Guest

    "Kokuson" <Kokuson.3xwena@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message
    news:Kokuson.3xwena@DoNotSpam.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > I have a problem with my PC (vista). It just freezes randomly while I am
    > working on it. It also freezes during the Antivirus scanning (avast),
    > windows defender scanning and windows update. I cannot do anything
    > except turn it of manually (ON/OFF). It also freezes when I insert a usb
    > drive, and recently is making strange sounds (beebs,toot) as some
    > creatures are living inside it. (It also freezes in safe mood).
    > Moreover, a blue screen appeared morethan once and I don't know if the
    > problem is due to a virus or an error in the system.
    >
    > I will be thankful for any help.
    >
    >
    > --
    > Kokuson
    > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > Kokuson's Profile:
    > View this thread:

    >
    >

    ><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    If I were you I'd back-up your important files to an outside source,
    (CD/DVD/External Drive), and start searching for a HDD.

    --

    Don't pick a fight with an old man.
    If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
     
  7. Kokuson

    Kokuson Guest

    Thank you for reply
    My RAM is 2GB and the vista was already loaded when I bought it. I use
    home premium 32-bit, Proccessor Intel Core ™2 Duo CPU T5550 @ 1.83GHz
    (Toshiba).

    I want to get the code by using the event viewer but the even viewer is
    a word document, so may you help me about the event viewer


    --
    Kokuson
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kokuson's Profile:
    View this thread:


     
  8. I just wanted to echo Peter's concern about your computer's RAM. Most
    often, crashes and freezes are simply caused by bad RAM. Microsoft has a
    free utility to test memory, which you can access in Vista by entering Run
    (Windows Key + R) and typing in %SystemRoot%\system32\MdSched.exe

    Also, you can download the Windows Memory diagnostic and burn it to disc.
    Though you may have to do it from another computer if yours isn't stable at
    the moment. Here are the links:




    - Henson

    "Peter Foldes" <okf22@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:%23K1TMHBLKHA.5992@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > And may we know the error message that is generated when system freezes.
    > Event Viewer is where you will see it.
    >
    > How much RAM do you have and what version of Vista. Sounds like either a
    > malware issue or a hardware issue but we need the error.
    >
    > --
    > Peter
    >
    > Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
    > Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.
    >
    > "Kokuson" <Kokuson.3xwena@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message
    > news:Kokuson.3xwena@DoNotSpam.com...<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >>
    >> I have a problem with my PC (vista). It just freezes randomly while I am
    >> working on it. It also freezes during the Antivirus scanning (avast),
    >> windows defender scanning and windows update. I cannot do anything
    >> except turn it of manually (ON/OFF). It also freezes when I insert a usb
    >> drive, and recently is making strange sounds (beebs,toot) as some
    >> creatures are living inside it. (It also freezes in safe mood).
    >> Moreover, a blue screen appeared morethan once and I don't know if the
    >> problem is due to a virus or an error in the system.
    >>
    >> I will be thankful for any help.
    >>
    >>
    >> --
    >> Kokuson
    >> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    >> Kokuson's Profile:

    >> View this thread:

    >>
    >>

    >><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  9. Kokuson

    Kokuson Guest

    the code "Technical information"

    0x000000F4 (0x00000003, 0x8c91F208, 0X8C91F354,0X82248400).

    Yes I am facing difficulty to use the pc as it is very slow (the screen
    has not frozen since last post).


    --
    Kokuson
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kokuson's Profile:
    View this thread:


     
  10. Peter Foldes

    Peter Foldes Guest

  11. Saga

    Saga Guest

    The info you give makes me suspect the RAM or hard drive, as
    other have said. Test the RAM first. If it is ok then it might be
    time to look for a new hard drive and on how you will migrate
    all your stuff from the current drive to the new. Saga



    "Kokuson" <Kokuson.3xxerc@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message
    news:Kokuson.3xxerc@DoNotSpam.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > Thank you for reply
    > My RAM is 2GB and the vista was already loaded when I bought it. I use
    > home premium 32-bit, Proccessor Intel Core ™2 Duo CPU T5550 @ 1.83GHz
    > (Toshiba).
    >
    > I want to get the code by using the event viewer but the even viewer is
    > a word document, so may you help me about the event viewer
    >
    >
    > --
    > Kokuson
    > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > Kokuson's Profile:
    > View this thread:

    >
    >

    > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  12. Kokuson

    Kokuson Guest

    It is not freezing anymore but it is extremely slower than before. I do
    not think it is a problem in the ram as the pc used to work fine (PC is
    still not 1 year old). A message appears asking me to backup my files
    and replace my hard desk. Is not there any other solution istead of
    replacing the harddesk ?

    As for the blue screen It appearedm ore than once since the problem
    started.


    --
    Kokuson
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kokuson's Profile:
    View this thread:


     
  13. Michael

    Michael Guest

    "Kokuson" <Kokuson.3y1cfb@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message
    news:Kokuson.3y1cfb@DoNotSpam.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > It is not freezing anymore but it is extremely slower than before. I do
    > not think it is a problem in the ram as the pc used to work fine (PC is
    > still not 1 year old). A message appears asking me to backup my files
    > and replace my hard desk. Is not there any other solution istead of
    > replacing the harddesk ?
    >
    > As for the blue screen It appearedm ore than once since the problem
    > started.
    >
    >
    > --
    > Kokuson
    > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > Kokuson's Profile:
    > View this thread:

    >
    >

    ><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    I suggested you do this 3 days ago. Do it now before your drive totally
    dies!

    --

    Don't pick a fight with an old man.
    If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
     
  14. No - if you are getting this warning it means you should do exactly what it
    says as the hard drive (or hard disk if you prefer that name, but certainly
    not hard desk) is getting ready to fail.

    "Kokuson" <Kokuson.3y1cfb@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message
    news:Kokuson.3y1cfb@DoNotSpam.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > It is not freezing anymore but it is extremely slower than before. I do
    > not think it is a problem in the ram as the pc used to work fine (PC is
    > still not 1 year old). A message appears asking me to backup my files
    > and replace my hard desk. Is not there any other solution istead of
    > replacing the harddesk ?
    >
    > As for the blue screen It appearedm ore than once since the problem
    > started.
    >
    >
    > --
    > Kokuson
    > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > Kokuson's Profile:
    > View this thread:

    >
    >

    > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  15. Kokuson

    Kokuson Guest

    Thank you very much for comment
    I have done a format and the problem still presists. I shall replace
    the hard drive.

    Is it replacing or maintenance?
    Should I go to any shop? Should I replace it with a hard drive which
    has the same characetristics? After replacing the old one with the new
    when do I have the right to ask for the old one?

    Regards


    --
    Kokuson
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kokuson's Profile:
    View this thread:


     
  16. Michael

    Michael Guest

    "Kokuson" <Kokuson.3y5cgg@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message
    news:Kokuson.3y5cgg@DoNotSpam.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > Thank you very much for comment
    > I have done a format and the problem still presists. I shall replace
    > the hard drive.
    >
    > Is it replacing or maintenance?
    > Should I go to any shop? Should I replace it with a hard drive which
    > has the same characetristics? After replacing the old one with the new
    > when do I have the right to ask for the old one?
    >
    > Regards
    >
    >
    > --
    > Kokuson
    > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > Kokuson's Profile:
    > View this thread:

    >
    >

    ><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    We have no clue who you're replying to!

    Judging by your question I'd suggest you take it to a computer repair shop,
    not Best Buys or any other large store where the employees make minimum
    wage. If you need more storage, tell the tech and he can advise you.

    --

    Don't pick a fight with an old man.
    If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
     
  17. Skeptic

    Skeptic Guest

    Re - Vista freezes - here are the facts that anyone can easily verify by a
    little Internet research:

    1. Googling 'Vista random freezes' will produce Microsoft & related
    technical newsgroup discussions going back several years & posted by
    countless frustrated users employing a wide range of PC makes and models.

    2. Judging from reading/analyzing the posted individual thread discussions -
    none indicate that any permanent solution was found - regardless of the
    particular circumstances or issues described.

    3. Many of the suggestions offered by MVPs or otherwise trained/experienced
    techs conclude or assume, without adequate justification, that the problem
    is related primarily to hardware, malware, or virus infection origin.

    4. Some suggestions offer either: (A) lengthy, detailed, troubleshooting
    instructions ([​IMG] restoring from Vista backup © reinstalling Vista - but
    it's extremely doubtful from the evidence that any or all of these measures
    will lead to restoring a credible record of Vista performance and
    reliability for any one user.

    As just one among the countless frustrated Vista users - who has experienced
    these random Vista freezes for almost a year now, & who has been a Windows
    OS user for almost 20 years, I have drawn my own conclusions & I leave
    others to draw theirs.

    I can say only with certainty, based upon my experience with Vista
    Ultimate - that it has proven 100% reliable to be able, about 85 to 90% of
    the time, to reboot normally without freezing, after restarting from Safe
    Mode - and then to function A-OK indefinitely - until the next random
    freeze - either a few minutes or a few hours later.

    Therefore - if your experience is similar - please do not rush to replace
    your PC components without first doing some basic diagnostic work (like
    removing a component &/or switching it to a different bus) - & please do not
    raise your hopes if you decide to replace some hardware - because the odds
    are that hardware was never your singlemost problem - unless you want to
    consider a Vista/hardware compatibility issue? & really, should you even
    think of going there?

    Thanks for your attention & my fervent best wishes.




    "Michael" <the_real_mike@garbagemail.com> wrote in message
    news:%23pKPTw8LKHA.1796@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > "Kokuson" <Kokuson.3y5cgg@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message
    > news:Kokuson.3y5cgg@DoNotSpam.com...<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >>
    >> Thank you very much for comment
    >> I have done a format and the problem still presists. I shall replace
    >> the hard drive.
    >>
    >> Is it replacing or maintenance?
    >> Should I go to any shop? Should I replace it with a hard drive which
    >> has the same characetristics? After replacing the old one with the new
    >> when do I have the right to ask for the old one?
    >>
    >> Regards
    >>
    >>
    >> --
    >> Kokuson
    >> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    >> Kokuson's Profile:
    >> View this thread:

    >>
    >>

    >><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    > We have no clue who you're replying to!
    >
    > Judging by your question I'd suggest you take it to a computer repair
    > shop, not Best Buys or any other large store where the employees make
    > minimum wage. If you need more storage, tell the tech and he can advise
    > you.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Don't pick a fight with an old man.
    > If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
    >
    >
    > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  18. Saga

    Saga Guest

    > Is it replacing or maintenance?<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Should I go to any shop? Should I replace it with a hard drive which
    > has the same characetristics? After replacing the old one with the new
    > when do I have the right to ask for the old one?<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    If The PC is not a year old, is it still under warranty? If it is, you
    should
    make use of that warranty. They might charge you if you request a larger
    drive, maybe. When a drive fails under warranty, it is usually customary
    for it to be sent back to the manufacturer, so they might not be able to
    give you the old drive. Lots depends on the warranty's terms.

    Of course, if you do not make use of the warranty and take it to a
    shop then you can ask for any size drive, they'll charge you and they
    should give you the old drive back if you request it. tSaga
     
  19. Saga

    Saga Guest

    Interesting remarks.

    When Windows freezes like this, the "culprit" is usually an incompatibility
    with existing hardware.

    The only way to be sure is to install Win XP and test for a few days to
    see if the problem persists. Note: If this solves the problem, it does not
    mean that Vista is at fault, as it could still be a compatibility problem
    with the hardware. Of course, to do this test you need to have install
    discs for Win XP. Note that the Windows NT family has always been
    somewhat finecky about the hardware it runs on. All it needs is for the
    timing to be a tad off somewhere in the hardware for it to freeze, so
    finding this problem might be hard or near next to impossible.

    You could also try with Linux, to test the PC for a few days, but now
    this involves a different OS and depends on the level of confidence
    that the user has in doing this. The OP asked a few questions about
    shops and hard drives which made me think that /he might not feel
    too comfortable moving stuff inside his PC, so /he might not jump
    in to follow your prudent recommendation.
     

Share This Page