1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

vista error 800700c1 updates not installed

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Tania p, Sep 9, 2009.

  1. Tania p

    Tania p Guest

    Hi guys can any body help this is driving me mad. I have been all over
    the internet to resolve this no joy. Cannot get updates on Vista, keep
    getting error code 800700c1. What can I do. Been told that I need to
    reinstall Vista, but surely this is a microsoft problem?

    I have tried almost everything else, but nothing works. I am now
    missing 23 updates. Please help!


    --
    Tania p
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tania p's Profile:
    View this thread:


     
  2. John Galt

    John Galt Guest

    Let's take this to: microsoft.public.windowsupdate

    Tania p <Tania.p.3ya2bb@DoNotSpam.com> wrote:
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    >Hi guys can any body help this is driving me mad. I have been all over
    >the internet to resolve this no joy. Cannot get updates on Vista, keep
    >getting error code 800700c1. What can I do. Been told that I need to
    >reinstall Vista, but surely this is a microsoft problem?
    >
    >I have tried almost everything else, but nothing works. I am now
    >missing 23 updates. Please help!<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  3. Rick Rogers

    Rick Rogers Guest

  4. Hello John,

    Before you re-install, try this,

    Click Start, and then click Run.
    Type cmd in the Open box, and then click OK.
    At the command prompt, type net stop wuauserv, and then press ENTER.
    Type rmdir /s %windir%\softwaredistribution\wuredir, and then press ENTER.
    Type net start wuauserv, and then press ENTER.
    Try to install updates again.
    -=-

    I hope this is enough to get you on the right road for now.



    Ǝиçεl
    ◕‿◕
    -=-


    "John Galt" wrote:
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Let's take this to: microsoft.public.windowsupdate
    >
    > Tania p <Tania.p.3ya2bb@DoNotSpam.com> wrote:
    > <!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    > >
    > >Hi guys can any body help this is driving me mad. I have been all over
    > >the internet to resolve this no joy. Cannot get updates on Vista, keep
    > >getting error code 800700c1. What can I do. Been told that I need to
    > >reinstall Vista, but surely this is a microsoft problem?
    > >
    > >I have tried almost everything else, but nothing works. I am now
    > >missing 23 updates. Please help!<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  5. Flavius

    Flavius Guest

  6. In addition to what I mentioned
    The Command Prompt must be run Elevated or you will receive
    an Access Denied error message.

    How Open Command Prompt as Administrator on Elevation in Vista
    <http://www.tipandtrick.net/2008/how-open-command-prompt-as-administrator-on-elevation-in-vista/>

    After the last one, net start wuauserv, type in EXIT, press ENTER, and
    that will close the CP window.
    -=-


    "Ǝиçεl" wrote:
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Hello John,
    >
    > Before you re-install, try this,
    >
    > Click Start, and then click Run.
    > Type cmd in the Open box, and then click OK.
    > At the command prompt, type net stop wuauserv, and then press ENTER.
    > Type rmdir /s %windir%softwaredistributionwuredir, and then press ENTER.
    > Type net start wuauserv, and then press ENTER.
    > Try to install updates again.
    > -=-
    >
    > I hope this is enough to get you on the right road for now.
    >
    >
    >
    > Ǝиçεl
    > ◕‿◕
    > -=-
    >
    >
    > "John Galt" wrote:
    > <!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    > > Let's take this to: microsoft.public.windowsupdate
    > >
    > > Tania p <Tania.p.3ya2bb@DoNotSpam.com> wrote:
    > > <!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    > > >
    > > >Hi guys can any body help this is driving me mad. I have been all over
    > > >the internet to resolve this no joy. Cannot get updates on Vista, keep
    > > >getting error code 800700c1. What can I do. Been told that I need to
    > > >reinstall Vista, but surely this is a microsoft problem?
    > > >
    > > >I have tried almost everything else, but nothing works. I am now
    > > >missing 23 updates. Please help!<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > >
    > > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     

Share This Page