1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

USB Storage drive registers but not accible?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Eurofeeds, Aug 28, 2009.

  1. Eurofeeds

    Eurofeeds Guest

    When I pop a USB storag drive (250mb) into any USB slot (either an original
    one on the PC or off a hub) it pops up on my computer as Removable Drive
    (J), but when I click on Drive J I get ' Please insert a disk into Removable
    Disk (J) - it won't allow me to format it wither. Anything I can do to get
    it going or is it a gonner?
     
  2. Keith

    Keith Guest

    Eurofeeds wrote:<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > When I pop a USB storag drive (250mb) into any USB slot (either an
    > original one on the PC or off a hub) it pops up on my computer as
    > Removable Drive (J), but when I click on Drive J I get ' Please insert a
    > disk into Removable Disk (J) - it won't allow me to format it wither.
    > Anything I can do to get it going or is it a gonner?<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Try it on a different computer, but most likely it has been worn out or
    had a failure.


    --
    Best Regards, Keith
     
  3. Eurofeeds

    Eurofeeds Guest

    "Keith" <kilowattradio@use-reply-to.invalid> wrote in message
    news:h7anfu$2eg$1@news.eternal-september.org...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Eurofeeds wrote:<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> When I pop a USB storag drive (250mb) into any USB slot (either an
    >> original one on the PC or off a hub) it pops up on my computer as
    >> Removable Drive (J), but when I click on Drive J I get ' Please insert a
    >> disk into Removable Disk (J) - it won't allow me to format it wither.
    >> Anything I can do to get it going or is it a gonner?<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    > Try it on a different computer, but most likely it has been worn out or
    > had a failure.
    >
    >
    > --
    > Best Regards, Keith
    > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Same on all computers, but hardy been used - free one from Computeractive
    magazine.
     
  4. frog1

    frog1 Guest

    have 500gig new drive sys info shows there ,but not in my computor
    possible not formatted or yours may be formatted apple?


    --
    frog1
     
  5. On 8/28/09, the entity Eurofeeds wrote this:<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > When I pop a USB storag drive (250mb) into any USB slot (either an original
    > one on the PC or off a hub) it pops up on my computer as Removable Drive (J),
    > but when I click on Drive J I get ' Please insert a disk into Removable Disk
    > (J) - it won't allow me to format it wither. Anything I can do to get it
    > going or is it a gonner?<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Right click Computer, choose Manage, then Storage -> Disk Management.

    That will tell you the status of the drive and, if needed, allow you to
    format it.

    --
    Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com
     

Share This Page