1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Trouble installing Windows Updates KB951847 x86 & KB955706

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by BoilerMaker22, Sep 9, 2009.

  1. Hi guys. I've been trying to install some windows updates for a very
    long time, but every time I go through the install and rebooting, the
    computer says that the updates weren't configured correctly and has to
    revert the changes.

    The updates I'm having trouble with are:

    Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5
    Family Update (KB951847) x86

    Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition Service Pack 3 (KB955706)

    I'm also having trouble installing a display driver, I believe it is:

    Intel Corporation - Display - Mobile Intel® 965 Express Chipset
    Family

    I've tried going to Microsoft's website to fix the .NET Framework
    issues, but nothing works. When I try to install their Windows Update
    Cleanup utility, I get an error. I've tried turning off my Anti-Virus
    and then re-installing it, which didn't work, deleting the old versions
    and then installing the 3.5 version, which didn't work either.

    I haven't tried anything for the SQL Server thing.

    Also, for the display driver, I believe that one is older than the one
    I have. If that's the case, why does it keep showing up in my windows
    update?

    Oh, also the two Microsoft updates are listed as Important, while the
    Intel update is listed as Optional.

    Does anyone have any ideas?

    Thank you.


    --
    BoilerMaker22
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BoilerMaker22's Profile:
    View this thread:


     
  2. Bob

    Bob Guest

    Sounds like you might be infected with malware.

    "BoilerMaker22" <BoilerMaker22.3y9tzb@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message
    news:BoilerMaker22.3y9tzb@DoNotSpam.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > Hi guys. I've been trying to install some windows updates for a very
    > long time, but every time I go through the install and rebooting, the
    > computer says that the updates weren't configured correctly and has to
    > revert the changes.
    >
    > The updates I'm having trouble with are:
    >
    > Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5
    > Family Update (KB951847) x86
    >
    > Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition Service Pack 3 (KB955706)
    >
    > I'm also having trouble installing a display driver, I believe it is:
    >
    > Intel Corporation - Display - Mobile Intel® 965 Express Chipset
    > Family
    >
    > I've tried going to Microsoft's website to fix the .NET Framework
    > issues, but nothing works. When I try to install their Windows Update
    > Cleanup utility, I get an error. I've tried turning off my Anti-Virus
    > and then re-installing it, which didn't work, deleting the old versions
    > and then installing the 3.5 version, which didn't work either.
    >
    > I haven't tried anything for the SQL Server thing.
    >
    > Also, for the display driver, I believe that one is older than the one
    > I have. If that's the case, why does it keep showing up in my windows
    > update?
    >
    > Oh, also the two Microsoft updates are listed as Important, while the
    > Intel update is listed as Optional.
    >
    > Does anyone have any ideas?
    >
    > Thank you.
    >
    >
    > --
    > BoilerMaker22
    > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > BoilerMaker22's Profile:
    > View this thread:

    >
    >

    > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  3. "BoilerMaker22" <BoilerMaker22.3y9tzb@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message
    news:BoilerMaker22.3y9tzb@DoNotSpam.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > Hi guys. I've been trying to install some windows updates for a very
    > long time, but every time I go through the install and rebooting, the
    > computer says that the updates weren't configured correctly and has to
    > revert the changes.
    >
    > The updates I'm having trouble with are:
    >
    > Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5
    > Family Update (KB951847) x86
    >
    > Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition Service Pack 3 (KB955706)
    >
    > I'm also having trouble installing a display driver, I believe it is:
    >
    > Intel Corporation - Display - Mobile Intel® 965 Express Chipset
    > Family
    >
    > I've tried going to Microsoft's website to fix the .NET Framework
    > issues, but nothing works. When I try to install their Windows Update
    > Cleanup utility, I get an error. I've tried turning off my Anti-Virus
    > and then re-installing it, which didn't work, deleting the old versions
    > and then installing the 3.5 version, which didn't work either.
    >
    > I haven't tried anything for the SQL Server thing.
    >
    > Also, for the display driver, I believe that one is older than the one
    > I have. If that's the case, why does it keep showing up in my windows
    > update?
    >
    > Oh, also the two Microsoft updates are listed as Important, while the
    > Intel update is listed as Optional.
    >
    > Does anyone have any ideas?
    >
    > Thank you.
    >
    >
    > --
    > BoilerMaker22
    > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > BoilerMaker22's Profile:
    > View this thread:

    >
    >

    ><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Try doing the updates in Safe Mode. It sounds like the installer is
    prevented from writing the final entries to the registry by a program
    (probably your AV software). You might try turning off any software that
    scans the computer and then updating but even that is not always enough.
     
  4. Re-Format Your Computer And Install Open Source Linux Ubuntu 9.04 RTW From
    .

    "BoilerMaker22" <BoilerMaker22.3y9tzb@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message
    news:BoilerMaker22.3y9tzb@DoNotSpam.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > Hi guys. I've been trying to install some windows updates for a very
    > long time, but every time I go through the install and rebooting, the
    > computer says that the updates weren't configured correctly and has to
    > revert the changes.
    >
    > The updates I'm having trouble with are:
    >
    > Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5
    > Family Update (KB951847) x86
    >
    > Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition Service Pack 3 (KB955706)
    >
    > I'm also having trouble installing a display driver, I believe it is:
    >
    > Intel Corporation - Display - Mobile Intel® 965 Express Chipset
    > Family
    >
    > I've tried going to Microsoft's website to fix the .NET Framework
    > issues, but nothing works. When I try to install their Windows Update
    > Cleanup utility, I get an error. I've tried turning off my Anti-Virus
    > and then re-installing it, which didn't work, deleting the old versions
    > and then installing the 3.5 version, which didn't work either.
    >
    > I haven't tried anything for the SQL Server thing.
    >
    > Also, for the display driver, I believe that one is older than the one
    > I have. If that's the case, why does it keep showing up in my windows
    > update?
    >
    > Oh, also the two Microsoft updates are listed as Important, while the
    > Intel update is listed as Optional.
    >
    > Does anyone have any ideas?
    >
    > Thank you.
    >
    >
    > --
    > BoilerMaker22
    > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > BoilerMaker22's Profile:

    > View this thread:

    >
    >

    > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     

Share This Page