1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Too many issues - not enough sledgehammers!

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by soulman1015, Sep 3, 2009.

  1. soulman1015

    soulman1015 Guest

    Where do I begin?

    for some reason, the "User Account Control" keeps turning itself off. I
    then log on in the administrator account to turn it back on, restart,
    and everything is fine for about an hour, then it happens again. I have
    run my AV (I have Vipre) in the deepest scan it has, and removed any
    issues, but it keeps happening...

    I get this pop up that states that it's from microsoft, however the
    signature if I doubleclicked the .exe file is unknown, so it's
    cancelled... attached is a screen shot...

    Also, I have two 512 MB SD RAM cards (which I hope to change soon) but
    yet, the computer states that I only have 845 MB of RAM - not even
    enough to really run Vista...

    Spyware and adware don't get removed, and when it does, it's right
    back within an hour (Using VIPRE AV/AS)

    Registry errors, dll errors, more things than I can say right now...

    I'm ready to take a sledgehammer to this dang thing, and get a Mac.


    +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
    |Filename: Windows AV pop up.jpg |
    |Download:
    +-------------------------------------------------------------------+

    --
    soulman1015
     
  2. Michael

    Michael Guest

    "soulman1015" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
    news:acd010220d062074f9c20acecbd53463@nntp-gateway.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > Where do I begin?
    >
    > for some reason, the "User Account Control" keeps turning itself off. I
    > then log on in the administrator account to turn it back on, restart,
    > and everything is fine for about an hour, then it happens again. I have
    > run my AV (I have Vipre) in the deepest scan it has, and removed any
    > issues, but it keeps happening...
    >
    > I get this pop up that states that it's from microsoft, however the
    > signature if I doubleclicked the .exe file is unknown, so it's
    > cancelled... attached is a screen shot...
    >
    > Also, I have two 512 MB SD RAM cards (which I hope to change soon) but
    > yet, the computer states that I only have 845 MB of RAM - not even
    > enough to really run Vista...
    >
    > Spyware and adware don't get removed, and when it does, it's right
    > back within an hour (Using VIPRE AV/AS)
    >
    > Registry errors, dll errors, more things than I can say right now...
    >
    > I'm ready to take a sledgehammer to this dang thing, and get a Mac.
    >
    >
    > +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
    > |Filename: Windows AV pop up.jpg |
    > |Download:
    > +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
    >
    > --
    > soulman1015<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Does the term "You're INFECTED" mean anything to you? You'll have the same
    problems with a Mac if you continue to d/l stuff without knowing what it is.
    Boot to safe mode and run this. Then start using a real AV program.



    --

    Don't pick a fight with an old man.
    If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
     
  3. soulman1015

    soulman1015 Guest

    Michael;1127771 Wrote: <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > "soulman1015" <guest@xxxxxx-email.com> wrote in message
    > news:acd010220d062074f9c20acecbd53463@xxxxxx-gateway.com...> > > <!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro--><!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    > > >
    > > > Where do I begin?
    > > >
    > > > for some reason, the "User Account Control" keeps turning itself off.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > > I<!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    > > > then log on in the administrator account to turn it back on, restart,
    > > > and everything is fine for about an hour, then it happens again. I<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > > have<!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    > > > run my AV (I have Vipre) in the deepest scan it has, and removed any
    > > > issues, but it keeps happening...
    > > >
    > > > I get this pop up that states that it's from microsoft, however the
    > > > signature if I doubleclicked the .exe file is unknown, so it's
    > > > cancelled... attached is a screen shot...
    > > >
    > > > Also, I have two 512 MB SD RAM cards (which I hope to change soon)<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > > but<!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    > > > yet, the computer states that I only have 845 MB of RAM - not even
    > > > enough to really run Vista...
    > > >
    > > > Spyware and adware don't get removed, and when it does, it's right
    > > > back within an hour (Using VIPRE AV/AS)
    > > >
    > > > Registry errors, dll errors, more things than I can say right now...
    > > >
    > > > I'm ready to take a sledgehammer to this dang thing, and get a Mac.
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
    > > > |Filename: Windows AV pop up.jpg |
    > > > |Download:<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > > 'http://www.vistax64.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15439|'
    > > ()<!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    > > > +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > soulman1015 > > Does the term "You're INFECTED" mean anything to you? You'll have the<!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > same
    > problems with a Mac if you continue to d/l stuff without knowing what
    > it is.
    > Boot to safe mode and run this. Then start using a real AV program.
    >
    > 'Malwarebytes.org' (
    )
    >
    > --
    >
    > Don't pick a fight with an old man.
    > If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->



    Ok, look. I don't d/l anything without knowing what it is. I'm not
    the only user on this computer - there isn't any need to get snarky.
    I'm not stupid and I understand I'm "infected." And which "real" AV
    program would you suggest? Kaspersky - crap. Panda - crap. Webroot -
    crap. Norton or McAfee - don't get me started. I needed an AV which
    wouldn't eat my entire CPU within seconds and crash the computer - read
    the rest of the message - so I can continue to actually use the PC.

    Thanks for ur help. I'll run it and let you know.


    --
    soulman1015
     
  4. pacinitaly

    pacinitaly Guest

    soulman1015;1127778 Wrote: <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro--><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    > > Michael;1127771 Wrote:
    > > "soulman1015" <guest@xxxxxx-email.com> wrote in message
    > > news:acd010220d062074f9c20acecbd53463@xxxxxx-gateway.com...> > > > > <!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    > > > >
    > > > > Where do I begin?
    > > > >
    > > > > for some reason, the "User Account Control" keeps turning itself off.
    > > > I
    > > > > then log on in the administrator account to turn it back on, restart,
    > > > > and everything is fine for about an hour, then it happens again. I
    > > > have
    > > > > run my AV (I have Vipre) in the deepest scan it has, and removed any
    > > > > issues, but it keeps happening...
    > > > >
    > > > > I get this pop up that states that it's from microsoft, however the
    > > > > signature if I doubleclicked the .exe file is unknown, so it's
    > > > > cancelled... attached is a screen shot...
    > > > >
    > > > > Also, I have two 512 MB SD RAM cards (which I hope to change soon)
    > > > but
    > > > > yet, the computer states that I only have 845 MB of RAM - not even
    > > > > enough to really run Vista...
    > > > >
    > > > > Spyware and adware don't get removed, and when it does, it's right
    > > > > back within an hour (Using VIPRE AV/AS)
    > > > >
    > > > > Registry errors, dll errors, more things than I can say right now...
    > > > >
    > > > > I'm ready to take a sledgehammer to this dang thing, and get a Mac.
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > > +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
    > > > > |Filename: Windows AV pop up.jpg |
    > > > > |Download:
    > > > 'http://www.vistax64.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15439|'
    > > > ()
    > > > > +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
    > > > >
    > > > > --
    > > > > soulman1015 > > > > Does the term "You're INFECTED" mean anything to you? You'll have<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > > the same
    > > problems with a Mac if you continue to d/l stuff without knowing
    > > what it is.
    > > Boot to safe mode and run this. Then start using a real AV program.
    > >
    > > 'Malwarebytes.org' (
    )
    > >
    > > --
    > >
    > > Don't pick a fight with an old man.
    > > If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.> > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    >
    >
    > Ok, look. I don't d/l anything without knowing what it is. I'm not
    > the only user on this computer - there isn't any need to get snarky.
    > I'm not stupid and I understand I'm "infected." And which "real" AV
    > program would you suggest? Kaspersky - crap. Panda - crap. Webroot -
    > crap. Norton or McAfee - don't get me started. I needed an AV which
    > wouldn't eat my entire CPU within seconds and crash the computer -
    > read the rest of the message - so I can continue to actually use the
    > PC.
    >
    > Thanks for ur help. I'll run it and let you know.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->



    :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

    love the tone


    --
    pacinitaly

    SpellCherkers aren't worth a shirt ya no

    If I helped you, please tip my scales. If I have not, curse me out like
    a drunken sailor
     
  5. Try aVAST! As for MalwareBytes, it is an excellent free tool. You can down
    load it from here:

    and this for aVAST:
    .
    If you want the best helps around visit the Vista forums for less hassles,
    just friendly help here:
    , you
    have to be carefule cause there are alot of junk here in the newgroups, sorry
    to say. Make it a great day!



    --
    Computer/Software Tech.

    Make it a great day!

    Charles Richmond




    "soulman1015" wrote:
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > Michael;1127771 Wrote: <!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    > > "soulman1015" <guest@xxxxxx-email.com> wrote in message
    > > news:acd010220d062074f9c20acecbd53463@xxxxxx-gateway.com...> > > <!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    > > > >
    > > > > Where do I begin?
    > > > >
    > > > > for some reason, the "User Account Control" keeps turning itself off.
    > > > I
    > > > > then log on in the administrator account to turn it back on, restart,
    > > > > and everything is fine for about an hour, then it happens again. I
    > > > have
    > > > > run my AV (I have Vipre) in the deepest scan it has, and removed any
    > > > > issues, but it keeps happening...
    > > > >
    > > > > I get this pop up that states that it's from microsoft, however the
    > > > > signature if I doubleclicked the .exe file is unknown, so it's
    > > > > cancelled... attached is a screen shot...
    > > > >
    > > > > Also, I have two 512 MB SD RAM cards (which I hope to change soon)
    > > > but
    > > > > yet, the computer states that I only have 845 MB of RAM - not even
    > > > > enough to really run Vista...
    > > > >
    > > > > Spyware and adware don't get removed, and when it does, it's right
    > > > > back within an hour (Using VIPRE AV/AS)
    > > > >
    > > > > Registry errors, dll errors, more things than I can say right now...
    > > > >
    > > > > I'm ready to take a sledgehammer to this dang thing, and get a Mac.
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > > +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
    > > > > |Filename: Windows AV pop up.jpg |
    > > > > |Download:
    > > > 'http://www.vistax64.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15439|'
    > > > (
    )
    > > > > +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
    > > > >
    > > > > --
    > > > > soulman1015 > > Does the term "You're INFECTED" mean anything to you? You'll have the<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > > same
    > > problems with a Mac if you continue to d/l stuff without knowing what
    > > it is.
    > > Boot to safe mode and run this. Then start using a real AV program.
    > >
    > > 'Malwarebytes.org' (
    )
    > >
    > > --
    > >
    > > Don't pick a fight with an old man.
    > > If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    >
    >
    > Ok, look. I don't d/l anything without knowing what it is. I'm not
    > the only user on this computer - there isn't any need to get snarky.
    > I'm not stupid and I understand I'm "infected." And which "real" AV
    > program would you suggest? Kaspersky - crap. Panda - crap. Webroot -
    > crap. Norton or McAfee - don't get me started. I needed an AV which
    > wouldn't eat my entire CPU within seconds and crash the computer - read
    > the rest of the message - so I can continue to actually use the PC.
    >
    > Thanks for ur help. I'll run it and let you know.
    >
    >
    > --
    > soulman1015
    > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  6. Michael

    Michael Guest

    "soulman1015" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
    news:9e53f41c1acf2a20ff80507bf4e441e5@nntp-gateway.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > Michael;1127771 Wrote:<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> "soulman1015" <guest@xxxxxx-email.com> wrote in message
    >> news:acd010220d062074f9c20acecbd53463@xxxxxx-gateway.com...> > ><!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    >> > >
    >> > > Where do I begin?
    >> > >
    >> > > for some reason, the "User Account Control" keeps turning itself off.
    >> > I
    >> > > then log on in the administrator account to turn it back on, restart,
    >> > > and everything is fine for about an hour, then it happens again. I
    >> > have
    >> > > run my AV (I have Vipre) in the deepest scan it has, and removed any
    >> > > issues, but it keeps happening...
    >> > >
    >> > > I get this pop up that states that it's from microsoft, however the
    >> > > signature if I doubleclicked the .exe file is unknown, so it's
    >> > > cancelled... attached is a screen shot...
    >> > >
    >> > > Also, I have two 512 MB SD RAM cards (which I hope to change soon)
    >> > but
    >> > > yet, the computer states that I only have 845 MB of RAM - not even
    >> > > enough to really run Vista...
    >> > >
    >> > > Spyware and adware don't get removed, and when it does, it's right
    >> > > back within an hour (Using VIPRE AV/AS)
    >> > >
    >> > > Registry errors, dll errors, more things than I can say right now...
    >> > >
    >> > > I'm ready to take a sledgehammer to this dang thing, and get a Mac.
    >> > >
    >> > >
    >> > > +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
    >> > > |Filename: Windows AV pop up.jpg |
    >> > > |Download:
    >> > 'http://www.vistax64.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15439|'
    >> > ()
    >> > > +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
    >> > >
    >> > > --
    >> > > soulman1015 > > Does the term "You're INFECTED" mean anything to you?
    >> > > You'll have the<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >> same
    >> problems with a Mac if you continue to d/l stuff without knowing what
    >> it is.
    >> Boot to safe mode and run this. Then start using a real AV program.
    >>
    >> 'Malwarebytes.org' (
    )
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Don't pick a fight with an old man.
    >> If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    >
    >
    > Ok, look. I don't d/l anything without knowing what it is. I'm not
    > the only user on this computer<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Been hearing this excuse since the early 90's.
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > there isn't any need to get snarky.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    I guess the sledgehammer comment was subtle.
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > I'm not stupid and I understand I'm "infected." And which "real" AV
    > program would you suggest? Kaspersky - crap. Panda - crap. Webroot -
    > crap. Norton or McAfee - don't get me started.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Looks like "getting started" isn't your problem. Expressing yourself in a
    professional manner is.
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > I needed an AV which
    > wouldn't eat my entire CPU within seconds and crash the computer - read
    > the rest of the message<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    AVG or Avast. Also, 1GB RAM barely runs Vista.
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > so I can continue to actually use the PC.
    >
    > Thanks for ur help. I'll run it and let you know.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Don't let it run too far. You might hurt yourself chasing it.

    --

    Don't pick a fight with an old man.
    If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
     
  7. Saucy

    Saucy Guest

    Mac!? LOL Macs are getting viruses now ('cause they've gotten more popular)
    ... and Linux has more vulnerabilities than Windows (and if you don't believe
    me check the RedHat errata list - it's as long as your arm) .. maybe MS-DOS?

    Security by obscurity doesn't cut it anymore. You need to adopt good
    computing practices. It is possible to run Windows securely with little
    chance of getting infected - I do and many of the guys here do - but it does
    take learning the system a bit .. but if you are going to both do computing
    AND go about on the Internet, you should learn these things anyway .. .. and
    having learned, Windows is actually more secure than these other systems.

    Moving forward:

    Just my 2 cents .. Generally speaking, your system is hosed.

    You will have to think about how you want to recover it. First consult the
    manufacturer's recommendations, especially if the system in still under
    warranty. You may have a recovery partition on the machine etc. etc. Find
    out.

    Some people think that the best is to wipe and reinstall. This is more
    sure-fire than just attempting to delete infections, rootkits are quite
    sneaky etc. etc. As well, depending of course, attempting to remove these
    things can take more time than just wiping an reinstalling .. and they're
    sneaky, you will wonder if it is really gone every time an explorer window
    takes a little more time than expected to load.

    But sometimes wipe and re-install is impossible. You might consider someone
    in your town who has a good rep for removing these things. Otherwise it's
    the big box store tech dept. or do-it-yourself.

    With a complicated infections these days, what, with root-kits, trojans,
    spyware and a viruses all on there at once, do-it-yourself can be quite a
    journey - a quagmire of sorts - and in the end you have a dubious result. If
    you do take the machine somewhere, you might note that someone with a good
    rep and specializes in removal might be better than a big box store tech. If
    they just want to wipe and reinstall, you might be able to do as much
    yourself.

    Best is if you can back up documents and wipe and re-do the system.
    Preparedness helps in doing this. A little desire for confidence and some
    curiosity are also required. Get the hardware drivers etc. etc. beforehand
    burned to disc etc. (the manufacturer's website usually has the whole set
    for your computer model), make sure you have ALL the product keys etc. and
    application discs you need, plus any configuration info e.g. your phone
    numbers if you do dial-up etc. etc. Read up on partitioning and formatting.

    Take a Saturday, brew some java and by the end of the day you should be done
    (and have learned some about your machine to boot - pardon the pun).

    Once you have a working clean system set up and configured, consider
    creating a SYSTEM IMAGE. Windows Ultimate and all versions of the coming
    Windows 7 enable you to make a system image. If you don't have either, then
    look into 3rd party imaging software. Should anything go wrong, you can
    apply the image and be back up and running with all your apps etc. etc. all
    ready - no configuration needed - in under an hour.

    Saucy



    "soulman1015" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
    news:acd010220d062074f9c20acecbd53463@nntp-gateway.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > Where do I begin?
    >
    > for some reason, the "User Account Control" keeps turning itself off. I
    > then log on in the administrator account to turn it back on, restart,
    > and everything is fine for about an hour, then it happens again. I have
    > run my AV (I have Vipre) in the deepest scan it has, and removed any
    > issues, but it keeps happening...
    >
    > I get this pop up that states that it's from microsoft, however the
    > signature if I doubleclicked the .exe file is unknown, so it's
    > cancelled... attached is a screen shot...
    >
    > Also, I have two 512 MB SD RAM cards (which I hope to change soon) but
    > yet, the computer states that I only have 845 MB of RAM - not even
    > enough to really run Vista...
    >
    > Spyware and adware don't get removed, and when it does, it's right
    > back within an hour (Using VIPRE AV/AS)
    >
    > Registry errors, dll errors, more things than I can say right now...
    >
    > I'm ready to take a sledgehammer to this dang thing, and get a Mac.
    >
    >
    > +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
    > |Filename: Windows AV pop up.jpg |
    > |Download:
    > +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
    >
    > --
    > soulman1015 <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  8. Michael

    Michael Guest

    Saucy, I have a better idea. I'm heading to Home Depot to buy him a brand
    new sledgehammer.

    --

    Don't pick a fight with an old man.
    If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.



    "Saucy" <saucylemon@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message
    news:uFWgzUPLKHA.5436@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Mac!? LOL Macs are getting viruses now ('cause they've gotten more
    > popular) .. and Linux has more vulnerabilities than Windows (and if you
    > don't believe me check the RedHat errata list - it's as long as your arm)
    > .. maybe MS-DOS?
    >
    > Security by obscurity doesn't cut it anymore. You need to adopt good
    > computing practices. It is possible to run Windows securely with little
    > chance of getting infected - I do and many of the guys here do - but it
    > does take learning the system a bit .. but if you are going to both do
    > computing AND go about on the Internet, you should learn these things
    > anyway .. .. and having learned, Windows is actually more secure than
    > these other systems.
    >
    > Moving forward:
    >
    > Just my 2 cents .. Generally speaking, your system is hosed.
    >
    > You will have to think about how you want to recover it. First consult the
    > manufacturer's recommendations, especially if the system in still under
    > warranty. You may have a recovery partition on the machine etc. etc. Find
    > out.
    >
    > Some people think that the best is to wipe and reinstall. This is more
    > sure-fire than just attempting to delete infections, rootkits are quite
    > sneaky etc. etc. As well, depending of course, attempting to remove these
    > things can take more time than just wiping an reinstalling .. and they're
    > sneaky, you will wonder if it is really gone every time an explorer window
    > takes a little more time than expected to load.
    >
    > But sometimes wipe and re-install is impossible. You might consider
    > someone in your town who has a good rep for removing these things.
    > Otherwise it's the big box store tech dept. or do-it-yourself.
    >
    > With a complicated infections these days, what, with root-kits, trojans,
    > spyware and a viruses all on there at once, do-it-yourself can be quite a
    > journey - a quagmire of sorts - and in the end you have a dubious result.
    > If you do take the machine somewhere, you might note that someone with a
    > good rep and specializes in removal might be better than a big box store
    > tech. If they just want to wipe and reinstall, you might be able to do as
    > much yourself.
    >
    > Best is if you can back up documents and wipe and re-do the system.
    > Preparedness helps in doing this. A little desire for confidence and some
    > curiosity are also required. Get the hardware drivers etc. etc. beforehand
    > burned to disc etc. (the manufacturer's website usually has the whole set
    > for your computer model), make sure you have ALL the product keys etc. and
    > application discs you need, plus any configuration info e.g. your phone
    > numbers if you do dial-up etc. etc. Read up on partitioning and
    > formatting.
    >
    > Take a Saturday, brew some java and by the end of the day you should be
    > done (and have learned some about your machine to boot - pardon the pun).
    >
    > Once you have a working clean system set up and configured, consider
    > creating a SYSTEM IMAGE. Windows Ultimate and all versions of the coming
    > Windows 7 enable you to make a system image. If you don't have either,
    > then look into 3rd party imaging software. Should anything go wrong, you
    > can apply the image and be back up and running with all your apps etc.
    > etc. all ready - no configuration needed - in under an hour.
    >
    > Saucy
    >
    >
    >
    > "soulman1015" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
    > news:acd010220d062074f9c20acecbd53463@nntp-gateway.com...<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >>
    >> Where do I begin?
    >>
    >> for some reason, the "User Account Control" keeps turning itself off. I
    >> then log on in the administrator account to turn it back on, restart,
    >> and everything is fine for about an hour, then it happens again. I have
    >> run my AV (I have Vipre) in the deepest scan it has, and removed any
    >> issues, but it keeps happening...
    >>
    >> I get this pop up that states that it's from microsoft, however the
    >> signature if I doubleclicked the .exe file is unknown, so it's
    >> cancelled... attached is a screen shot...
    >>
    >> Also, I have two 512 MB SD RAM cards (which I hope to change soon) but
    >> yet, the computer states that I only have 845 MB of RAM - not even
    >> enough to really run Vista...
    >>
    >> Spyware and adware don't get removed, and when it does, it's right
    >> back within an hour (Using VIPRE AV/AS)
    >>
    >> Registry errors, dll errors, more things than I can say right now...
    >>
    >> I'm ready to take a sledgehammer to this dang thing, and get a Mac.
    >>
    >>
    >> +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
    >> |Filename: Windows AV pop up.jpg |
    >> |Download:
    >> +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
    >>
    >> --
    >> soulman1015<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    ><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  9. Gordon

    Gordon Guest

    "Saucy" <saucylemon@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message
    news:uFWgzUPLKHA.5436@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Mac!? LOL Macs are getting viruses now ('cause they've gotten more
    > popular) .. and Linux has more vulnerabilities than Windows (and if you
    > don't believe me check the RedHat errata list - it's as long as your arm)
    > ..<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Yet another example of ignorance by non-Linux using users. Linux is the
    KERNEL only.
    For example - of the 104 vulnerabilities in RedHat Linux 5 Enterprise NONE
    are in the Linux Kernel - they are ALL in included applications such as
    Firefox and Thunderbird.
    Stop spreading FUD.
     
  10. undisclosed

    undisclosed Guest

    Hi Soulman1015,

    I work for Sunbelt software and apologize for the inconveniences you've
    had removing this threat. We are more then happy to assist. Please
    contact use directly at support@sunbeltsoftware.com and we can collect
    some logs and have our Security Response team assist in the manual
    removal process.

    Warm regards,
    Tim


    --
    SunbeltTim
     
  11. Dave

    Dave Guest

  12. Saucy

    Saucy Guest

    Blah blah blah blah blah blah .. it's just the kernel when if not Linux
    looks bad, it's the whole distro when some Linux zealot thinks it makes
    Linux look good. Do us all a favour and crawl back to C.O.L.A. and have
    yourself a nice day and long weekend.

    Saucy


    "Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    news:emxNisTLKHA.2404@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > "Saucy" <saucylemon@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message
    > news:uFWgzUPLKHA.5436@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> Mac!? LOL Macs are getting viruses now ('cause they've gotten more
    >> popular) .. and Linux has more vulnerabilities than Windows (and if you
    >> don't believe me check the RedHat errata list - it's as long as your arm)
    >> ..<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    > Yet another example of ignorance by non-Linux using users. Linux is the
    > KERNEL only.
    > For example - of the 104 vulnerabilities in RedHat Linux 5 Enterprise NONE
    > are in the Linux Kernel - they are ALL in included applications such as
    > Firefox and Thunderbird.
    > Stop spreading FUD. <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  13. Gordon

    Gordon Guest

    "Saucy" <saucylemon@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message
    news:e4Am0xXLKHA.324@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Blah blah blah blah blah blah .. it's just the kernel when if not Linux
    > looks bad, it's the whole distro when some Linux zealot thinks it makes
    > Linux look good. Do us all a favour and crawl back to C.O.L.A. and have
    > yourself a nice day and long weekend.
    ><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    So you blame WINDOWS for the vulnerabilities in MS Word do you?
    Idiot.
    You just don't like it when someone points out that your head is so far up
    Bill's backside that you can't see anything at all. I suggest you get out a
    bit more. There's a whole new world outside Redmond, just waiting to be
    discovered.
     
  14. Gordon

    Gordon Guest

    "Dave" <Dave@beepbeepbeepbeep.com> wrote in message
    news:#B$ilgWLKHA.3424@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Doesn't matter if it happens in the kernel or in an application, the
    > platform takes the blame... same as in Windows.
    ><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    I don't think that's generally true.
     
  15. Saucy

    Saucy Guest

    You insulted me. So, that's it.
     
  16. Saucy, forgive poor Gordon! He is not very bright. His father should have
    pulled out!
    --
    Computer/Software Tech.

    Make it a great day!

    Charles Richmond




    "Saucy" wrote:
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > You insulted me. So, that's it.
    > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     

Share This Page