1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

start the sidebar programmatically in a hidden mode

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by A G V, Sep 14, 2009.

  1. A G V

    A G V Guest

    I need to start the sidebar programmatically [ ShellExecute/CreateProcess].
    However, I just want the sidebar icon to appear in the systray.

    The actual sidebar windows should not be visible.

    I tried using ShowWindow(hWnd,SW_HIDE). Sidebar doesn't respond to it.
     
  2. Jon

    Jon Guest

    "A G V" <AGV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    news:96BCFC94-3B24-4B13-B1C9-C7F541D51ED3@microsoft.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >I need to start the sidebar programmatically [ ShellExecute/CreateProcess].
    > However, I just want the sidebar icon to appear in the systray.
    >
    > The actual sidebar windows should not be visible.
    >
    > I tried using ShowWindow(hWnd,SW_HIDE). Sidebar doesn't respond to it.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->



    You could perhaps start the process and send a 'close' command to it (ie the
    programmatic equivalent of choosing 'Close sidebar')

    --
    Jon
     

Share This Page