1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

SetGateways method and user rights

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Mario - Roma, Sep 11, 2009.

  1. Mario - Roma

    Mario - Roma Guest

    I created a VBscript to change the default gateway using the SetGateways
    Method of the Win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration.
    It works fine in my Windows XP PCs.
    If I use the same script in Vista (Vista Business) it works fine only if I
    logon as user "Administrator" (after enabling it).
    If I log on as any other user, even member of all the administrative user
    groups, I get an error 67.
    How can I make my script work in Vista?
    Regards
    Marius
     
  2. Run with elevated permissions.
    Open Command Prompt with "Run As Administrator".
    Execute your script from elevated Command Prompt.



    "Mario - Roma" <mario@nospam.local> wrote in message
    news:exdro7tMKHA.4004@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > I created a VBscript to change the default gateway using the SetGateways
    > Method of the Win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration.
    > It works fine in my Windows XP PCs.
    > If I use the same script in Vista (Vista Business) it works fine only if I
    > logon as user "Administrator" (after enabling it).
    > If I log on as any other user, even member of all the administrative user
    > groups, I get an error 67.
    > How can I make my script work in Vista?
    > Regards
    > Marius
    >
    > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  3. Here's what Mario - Roma wrote on 9/11/09:<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > I created a VBscript to change the default gateway using the SetGateways
    > Method of the Win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration.
    > It works fine in my Windows XP PCs.
    > If I use the same script in Vista (Vista Business) it works fine only if I
    > logon as user "Administrator" (after enabling it).
    > If I log on as any other user, even member of all the administrative user
    > groups, I get an error 67.
    > How can I make my script work in Vista?
    > Regards
    > Marius<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Just to clarify: the Administrator Accounts are not the Administrator
    Account (thank you, Microsoft!).

    They are accounts with *some* Administrator privileges.

    The choice of names is very misleading, IMHO.

    --
    Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com
     

Share This Page