1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Searchindexer

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Retired Bill, Sep 13, 2009.

  1. Retired Bill

    Retired Bill Guest

    I set it's service to 'manual' but it keeps starting along with
    searchfilterhost. How can I turn it off so it stays off unless a search is
    needed??
    --
    Retired Boeing Bill
     
  2. Retired Bill wrote:<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > I set it's service to 'manual' but it keeps starting along with
    > searchfilterhost. How can I turn it off so it stays off unless a search is
    > needed??<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->


    I'd suggest uninstalling the worthless Desktop Search that uses this
    process. Either that, or also disable the searchfilterhost.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:




    They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
    safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. ~Benjamin Franklin

    Many people would rather die than think; in fact, most do. ~Bertrand Russell

    The philosopher has never killed any priests, whereas the priest has
    killed a great many philosophers.
    ~ Denis Diderot
     

Share This Page