1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

schtask.exe problem in Vista

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by NotBornYesterday, Sep 2, 2009.

  1. Hi folks,

    I have a PC that is giving me an error. When I shut it down, I have a
    window pop up that says something like "schtask.exe - this application
    failed to initialize properly". I saw another thread in the forums here
    about the same/similar issue, and the reply to the poster was to check
    the logs, etc. What exactly should I be looking for? Is there a known
    fix for this issue?

    Thanks,
    Guy


    --
    NotBornYesterday
    Posted via
     
  2. Peter Foldes

    Peter Foldes Guest

    says something like ? What does it say as per Verbatim

    --
    Peter

    Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
    Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.

    "NotBornYesterday" <NotBornYesterday.3xw403@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in
    message news:NotBornYesterday.3xw403@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > Hi folks,
    >
    > I have a PC that is giving me an error. When I shut it down, I have a
    > window pop up that says something like "schtask.exe - this application
    > failed to initialize properly". I saw another thread in the forums here
    > about the same/similar issue, and the reply to the poster was to check
    > the logs, etc. What exactly should I be looking for? Is there a known
    > fix for this issue?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Guy
    >
    >
    > --
    > NotBornYesterday
    > Posted via
    > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  3. Jon

    Jon Guest

    "NotBornYesterday" <NotBornYesterday.3xw403@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com>
    wrote in message news:NotBornYesterday.3xw403@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > Hi folks,
    >
    > I have a PC that is giving me an error. When I shut it down, I have a
    > window pop up that says something like "schtask.exe - this application
    > failed to initialize properly". I saw another thread in the forums here
    > about the same/similar issue, and the reply to the poster was to check
    > the logs, etc. What exactly should I be looking for? Is there a known
    > fix for this issue?
    ><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->


    Well 'schtasks.exe' is to do with scheduling tasks for Task Scheduler from
    the command line.

    'Schtask.exe' would probably be a virus - so the spelling is important, as
    would the full error message in providing clues.

    Also try and work out when the issue occurs - startup, running a particular
    application, randomly etc

    --
    Jon
     
  4. Jon

    Jon Guest

    "Jon" <Email_Address@SomewhereOrOther.com> wrote in message
    news:eKH7r2ALKHA.4168@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...

    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Also try and work out when the issue occurs - startup, running a
    > particular application, randomly etc
    ><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->


    Ok ignore that final portion. I missed the 'When I shut it down' bit

    --
    Jon
     

Share This Page