1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Right Click and get Not Responsing - need help

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Sage - John Leonard, Sep 13, 2009.

  1. I have been searching for a soultion and have not come upon one yet.

    Using Vista Business with a Dell Optiplex

    Each time I right click my mouse (on anything) all I get is Not Responding
    and I have to close the program.


    This problem is not happening in Safe Mode?

    I have tried the following solutions i.e.:

    - Trying to run sfc /scannow (which will not run)
    - Changing Performance settings - did not fix
    - Doing a Restore Point (Safe Mode) - one time it worked and then went back
    to same problem
    - Downloading and running Shexview.exe and closing all non-Microsoft Context
    Menu - no luck here!
    - Installed SP2 - still have problem?

    What else can I try?

    thx and sorry for all the post - I need to get this fixed and I'm out of
    Ideas.
     
  2. Dave-UK

    Dave-UK Guest

    "Sage - John Leonard" <sagegrp@nowhere> wrote in message news:951C5B63-D134-4F22-8842-71CE254848DE@microsoft.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > I have been searching for a soultion and have not come upon one yet.
    >
    > Using Vista Business with a Dell Optiplex
    >
    > Each time I right click my mouse (on anything) all I get is Not Responding
    > and I have to close the program.
    >
    >
    > This problem is not happening in Safe Mode?
    >
    > I have tried the following solutions i.e.:
    >
    > - Trying to run sfc /scannow (which will not run)
    > - Changing Performance settings - did not fix
    > - Doing a Restore Point (Safe Mode) - one time it worked and then went back
    > to same problem
    > - Downloading and running Shexview.exe and closing all non-Microsoft Context
    > Menu - no luck here!
    > - Installed SP2 - still have problem?
    >
    > What else can I try?
    >
    > thx and sorry for all the post - I need to get this fixed and I'm out of
    > Ideas.
    >
    >
    >
    ><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Have you tried disabling/removing any antivirus software?
     
  3. John Galt

    John Galt Guest

    "Sage - John Leonard" <sagegrp@nowhere> wrote:
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >I have been searching for a soultion and have not come upon one yet.
    >
    >Using Vista Business with a Dell Optiplex
    >
    >Each time I right click my mouse (on anything) all I get is Not Responding
    >and I have to close the program.
    >
    >
    >This problem is not happening in Safe Mode?
    >
    >I have tried the following solutions i.e.:
    >
    >- Trying to run sfc /scannow (which will not run)
    >- Changing Performance settings - did not fix
    >- Doing a Restore Point (Safe Mode) - one time it worked and then went back
    >to same problem<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    That was on August 29. How long did that last? What have you done
    since then that might have started the problem again? Did you have to
    reinstall any updates after the system restore?
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >- Downloading and running Shexview.exe and closing all non-Microsoft Context
    >Menu - no luck here!
    >- Installed SP2 - still have problem?
    >
    >What else can I try?
    >
    >thx and sorry for all the post - I need to get this fixed and I'm out of
    >Ideas.
    >
    >
    ><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  4. Ian D

    Ian D Guest

    "Sage - John Leonard" <sagegrp@nowhere> wrote in message
    news:951C5B63-D134-4F22-8842-71CE254848DE@microsoft.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >I have been searching for a soultion and have not come upon one yet.
    >
    > Using Vista Business with a Dell Optiplex
    >
    > Each time I right click my mouse (on anything) all I get is Not Responding
    > and I have to close the program.
    >
    >
    > This problem is not happening in Safe Mode?
    >
    > I have tried the following solutions i.e.:
    >
    > - Trying to run sfc /scannow (which will not run)
    > - Changing Performance settings - did not fix
    > - Doing a Restore Point (Safe Mode) - one time it worked and then went
    > back to same problem
    > - Downloading and running Shexview.exe and closing all non-Microsoft
    > Context Menu - no luck here!
    > - Installed SP2 - still have problem?
    >
    > What else can I try?
    >
    > thx and sorry for all the post - I need to get this fixed and I'm out of
    > Ideas.
    >
    >
    ><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    The difference in safe mode is that you're using Vista's generic
    mouse driver. Your OEM mouse driver may be corrupted. In safe
    mode go to Control Panel > Programs & Features, and remove
    your OEM mouse driver. Then reboot into normal mode and try
    the right click. If it works, you should download and install the
    latest driver from your mouse's OEM website.
     
  5. Found the problem.

    I was running Superantispyware.

    That was the problem.

    Uninstalled and re-installed - now evrything is ok.

    thx for you help.

    Hope this helps someone else.


    "Ian D" <taurus@nowhereatall.com> wrote in message
    news:%23YHlmeINKHA.1280@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > "Sage - John Leonard" <sagegrp@nowhere> wrote in message
    > news:951C5B63-D134-4F22-8842-71CE254848DE@microsoft.com...<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >>I have been searching for a soultion and have not come upon one yet.
    >>
    >> Using Vista Business with a Dell Optiplex
    >>
    >> Each time I right click my mouse (on anything) all I get is Not
    >> Responding and I have to close the program.
    >>
    >>
    >> This problem is not happening in Safe Mode?
    >>
    >> I have tried the following solutions i.e.:
    >>
    >> - Trying to run sfc /scannow (which will not run)
    >> - Changing Performance settings - did not fix
    >> - Doing a Restore Point (Safe Mode) - one time it worked and then went
    >> back to same problem
    >> - Downloading and running Shexview.exe and closing all non-Microsoft
    >> Context Menu - no luck here!
    >> - Installed SP2 - still have problem?
    >>
    >> What else can I try?
    >>
    >> thx and sorry for all the post - I need to get this fixed and I'm out of
    >> Ideas.
    >>
    >>
    >><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > The difference in safe mode is that you're using Vista's generic
    > mouse driver. Your OEM mouse driver may be corrupted. In safe
    > mode go to Control Panel > Programs & Features, and remove
    > your OEM mouse driver. Then reboot into normal mode and try
    > the right click. If it works, you should download and install the
    > latest driver from your mouse's OEM website.
    > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     

Share This Page