1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

restoring backup files

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by MrM, Sep 12, 2009.

  1. MrM

    MrM Guest

    I'm currently running windows vista ultimate red. Before i used to have
    vista home premium, and before up-grading i backup all my computer into
    an external USB drive, but now I can not restore my files.

    P.S. I'm not an expert in computers!

    Thanks.


    --
    MrM
     
  2. "MrM" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
    news:935c41f3a84e31a702508affcdd57dee@nntp-gateway.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > I'm currently running windows vista ultimate red. Before i used to have
    > vista home premium, and before up-grading i backup all my computer into
    > an external USB drive, but now I can not restore my files.
    >
    > P.S. I'm not an expert in computers!
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    >
    > --
    > MrM<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    You need to tell us what program you used to do a backup and what you are
    trying to restore (data or everything). There are dozens of programs and
    some are file backups and others are image backups.

    If all you want to do is to restore data files so you can use them under
    Ultimate then you need to use the same backup/restore program and
    selectively restore what you want.

    In this case perhaps you used Windows Easy Transfer and we can easily help
    you. But you have to be more specific.
     
  3. Re-Format Your Computer And Then Install Open Source Linux Ubuntu 9.04 RTW!

    "MrM" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
    news:935c41f3a84e31a702508affcdd57dee@nntp-gateway.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > I'm currently running windows vista ultimate red. Before i used to have
    > vista home premium, and before up-grading i backup all my computer into
    > an external USB drive, but now I can not restore my files.
    >
    > P.S. I'm not an expert in computers!
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    >
    > --
    > MrM <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  4. MrM

    MrM Guest

    First of all thank you. I went into my control panel, in the search I
    typed "copy", and it gave me the option of scheduling a back up copy of
    my computer, or to restore a back up copy. then i created a back up
    copy witch took a few hours. I saved it in a "simple-tech" USB
    hard-drive. I just need to get my files out.


    --
    MrM
     
  5. "MrM" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
    news:2317534b92128dc1cd23f33eaab45c7d@nntp-gateway.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > First of all thank you. I went into my control panel, in the search I
    > typed "copy", and it gave me the option of scheduling a back up copy of
    > my computer, or to restore a back up copy. then i created a back up
    > copy witch took a few hours. I saved it in a "simple-tech" USB
    > hard-drive. I just need to get my files out.
    >
    >
    > --
    > MrM<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    That sounds like the software in the System and Maintenance folder. Type
    "restore" in the Search box and you get the same Back Up window and you
    should be able to use the "Restore Files or your Entire Computer" option and
    select the Restore Files button. It will let you select the files and
    folders you want.
     

Share This Page