1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Restore Point problem

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Sage - John Leonard, Aug 30, 2009.

  1. Yesterday I ran, in Safe Mode, an older Restore Point (Sept 24th) AND IT
    CLEANED UP MY PROBLEM.

    My problem was - when I right Clicked a short cut, file or folder within
    Windows Explorer. It caused Windows Explorer to Hang/Not responding.

    Then Idecided to do an update to the Vista, so I ran the Upda5te option.

    My problem of right clicking appeared again?

    I went back into Safe Mode to find and re-do the System Restor from Sept
    24th and it no longer exist?

    the select older than 5 days was grayed out.

    I did not delete or do anything (that I'm aware of) to remove it.

    It was the last one on the list. Was it deleted automatically due to storage
    size allowed?

    In any case, is there a way to get it back?

    I need to fix this problem - of right clicking something and having Windows
    Explorer hang ot repond.

    Do I have to do a Vista Repair from my DVDs to get rid of the problem?

    Thanks for you time and looking for the solution.
     
  2. John Galt

    John Galt Guest

    "Sage - John Leonard" <sagegrp@nowhere> wrote:
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >Yesterday I ran, in Safe Mode, an older Restore Point (Sept 24th) AND IT
    >CLEANED UP MY PROBLEM.
    >
    >My problem was - when I right Clicked a short cut, file or folder within
    >Windows Explorer. It caused Windows Explorer to Hang/Not responding.
    >
    >Then Idecided to do an update to the Vista, so I ran the Upda5te option.
    >
    >My problem of right clicking appeared again?
    >
    >I went back into Safe Mode to find and re-do the System Restor from Sept
    >24th and it no longer exist?
    >
    >the select older than 5 days was grayed out.
    >
    >I did not delete or do anything (that I'm aware of) to remove it.
    >
    >It was the last one on the list. Was it deleted automatically due to storage
    >size allowed?
    >
    >In any case, is there a way to get it back?<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    You don't need to. Use the restore point that was created when you
    ran the update.

    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >I need to fix this problem - of right clicking something and having Windows
    >Explorer hang ot repond.
    >
    >Do I have to do a Vista Repair from my DVDs to get rid of the problem?
    >
    >Thanks for you time and looking for the solution.
    ><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  3. Here's what Sage - John Leonard wrote on 8/30/09:<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Yesterday I ran, in Safe Mode, an older Restore Point (Sept 24th) AND IT
    > CLEANED UP MY PROBLEM.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > My problem was - when I right Clicked a short cut, file or folder within
    > Windows Explorer. It caused Windows Explorer to Hang/Not responding.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Then Idecided to do an update to the Vista, so I ran the Upda5te option.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > My problem of right clicking appeared again?<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > I went back into Safe Mode to find and re-do the System Restor from Sept 24th
    > and it no longer exist?<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > the select older than 5 days was grayed out.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > I did not delete or do anything (that I'm aware of) to remove it.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > It was the last one on the list. Was it deleted automatically due to storage
    > size allowed?<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > In any case, is there a way to get it back?<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > I need to fix this problem - of right clicking something and having Windows
    > Explorer hang ot repond.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Do I have to do a Vista Repair from my DVDs to get rid of the problem?<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Thanks for you time and looking for the solution.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    As a courtesy to others, you might consider adding information to the
    original thread rather than starting a new thread...

    --
    Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com
     
  4. Back again for help.

    As stated below I was able to clean up the right click problem with a
    restore Sept 24th.

    now after doing some updates, my problem is back and I no longer have the
    Sept 24th restore point.

    I did try the Restore Point after the fix, but the did not change anything -
    still with problem.

    I just tried a boot from the Vista DVD and a repair.

    The only thing that brought up was the list of options - meaning that it did
    not find anything wrong.

    Am I missing something here. I did not run the "error when starting option"
    (or something like that?)

    What do I do to try and get a Vista Repair to run?

    Hopefully that will clean up my problem?

    thx


    "John Galt" <galtj@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    news:gqel955e9rq5skfrnhjmekbeoli2qf2brl@4ax.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > "Sage - John Leonard" <sagegrp@nowhere> wrote:
    ><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >>Yesterday I ran, in Safe Mode, an older Restore Point (Sept 24th) AND IT
    >>CLEANED UP MY PROBLEM.
    >>
    >>My problem was - when I right Clicked a short cut, file or folder within
    >>Windows Explorer. It caused Windows Explorer to Hang/Not responding.
    >>
    >>Then Idecided to do an update to the Vista, so I ran the Upda5te option.
    >>
    >>My problem of right clicking appeared again?
    >>
    >>I went back into Safe Mode to find and re-do the System Restor from Sept
    >>24th and it no longer exist?
    >>
    >>the select older than 5 days was grayed out.
    >>
    >>I did not delete or do anything (that I'm aware of) to remove it.
    >>
    >>It was the last one on the list. Was it deleted automatically due to
    >>storage
    >>size allowed?
    >>
    >>In any case, is there a way to get it back?<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    > You don't need to. Use the restore point that was created when you
    > ran the update.
    >
    ><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >>I need to fix this problem - of right clicking something and having
    >>Windows
    >>Explorer hang ot repond.
    >>
    >>Do I have to do a Vista Repair from my DVDs to get rid of the problem?
    >>
    >>Thanks for you time and looking for the solution.
    >> <!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  5. John Galt

    John Galt Guest

    "Sage - John Leonard" <sagegrp@nowhere> wrote:
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >Back again for help.
    >
    >As stated below I was able to clean up the right click problem with a
    >restore Sept 24th.
    >
    >now after doing some updates, my problem is back and I no longer have the
    >Sept 24th restore point.
    >
    >I did try the Restore Point after the fix, but the did not change anything -
    >still with problem.
    >
    >I just tried a boot from the Vista DVD and a repair.
    >
    >The only thing that brought up was the list of options - meaning that it did
    >not find anything wrong.
    >
    >Am I missing something here. I did not run the "error when starting option"
    >(or something like that?)
    >
    >What do I do to try and get a Vista Repair to run?
    >
    >Hopefully that will clean up my problem?
    >
    >thx<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Return to your original thread and do everything Malke told you to do.



    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >"John Galt" <galtj@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    >news:gqel955e9rq5skfrnhjmekbeoli2qf2brl@4ax.com...<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> "Sage - John Leonard" <sagegrp@nowhere> wrote:
    >><!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    >>>Yesterday I ran, in Safe Mode, an older Restore Point (Sept 24th) AND IT
    >>>CLEANED UP MY PROBLEM.
    >>>
    >>>My problem was - when I right Clicked a short cut, file or folder within
    >>>Windows Explorer. It caused Windows Explorer to Hang/Not responding.
    >>>
    >>>Then Idecided to do an update to the Vista, so I ran the Upda5te option.
    >>>
    >>>My problem of right clicking appeared again?
    >>>
    >>>I went back into Safe Mode to find and re-do the System Restor from Sept
    >>>24th and it no longer exist?
    >>>
    >>>the select older than 5 days was grayed out.
    >>>
    >>>I did not delete or do anything (that I'm aware of) to remove it.
    >>>
    >>>It was the last one on the list. Was it deleted automatically due to
    >>>storage
    >>>size allowed?
    >>>
    >>>In any case, is there a way to get it back?<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >>
    >> You don't need to. Use the restore point that was created when you
    >> ran the update.
    >>
    >><!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    >>>I need to fix this problem - of right clicking something and having
    >>>Windows
    >>>Explorer hang ot repond.
    >>>
    >>>Do I have to do a Vista Repair from my DVDs to get rid of the problem?
    >>>
    >>>Thanks for you time and looking for the solution.
    >>> <!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  6. John

    I deleted what Malke told me to do, after I thought I solved the problem.

    Would you be good enough to copy what he said and post it again, for me.

    thx


    "John Galt" <galtj@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    news:1913a5dq5tvrs6kiicj7rm2n39fan52bhv@4ax.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > "Sage - John Leonard" <sagegrp@nowhere> wrote:
    ><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >>Back again for help.
    >>
    >>As stated below I was able to clean up the right click problem with a
    >>restore Sept 24th.
    >>
    >>now after doing some updates, my problem is back and I no longer have the
    >>Sept 24th restore point.
    >>
    >>I did try the Restore Point after the fix, but the did not change
    >>anything -
    >>still with problem.
    >>
    >>I just tried a boot from the Vista DVD and a repair.
    >>
    >>The only thing that brought up was the list of options - meaning that it
    >>did
    >>not find anything wrong.
    >>
    >>Am I missing something here. I did not run the "error when starting
    >>option"
    >>(or something like that?)
    >>
    >>What do I do to try and get a Vista Repair to run?
    >>
    >>Hopefully that will clean up my problem?
    >>
    >>thx<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    > Return to your original thread and do everything Malke told you to do.
    >
    >
    >
    ><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >>"John Galt" <galtj@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    >>news:gqel955e9rq5skfrnhjmekbeoli2qf2brl@4ax.com...<!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    >>> "Sage - John Leonard" <sagegrp@nowhere> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>>Yesterday I ran, in Safe Mode, an older Restore Point (Sept 24th) AND IT
    >>>>CLEANED UP MY PROBLEM.
    >>>>
    >>>>My problem was - when I right Clicked a short cut, file or folder within
    >>>>Windows Explorer. It caused Windows Explorer to Hang/Not responding.
    >>>>
    >>>>Then Idecided to do an update to the Vista, so I ran the Upda5te option.
    >>>>
    >>>>My problem of right clicking appeared again?
    >>>>
    >>>>I went back into Safe Mode to find and re-do the System Restor from Sept
    >>>>24th and it no longer exist?
    >>>>
    >>>>the select older than 5 days was grayed out.
    >>>>
    >>>>I did not delete or do anything (that I'm aware of) to remove it.
    >>>>
    >>>>It was the last one on the list. Was it deleted automatically due to
    >>>>storage
    >>>>size allowed?
    >>>>
    >>>>In any case, is there a way to get it back?
    >>>
    >>> You don't need to. Use the restore point that was created when you
    >>> ran the update.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>>I need to fix this problem - of right clicking something and having
    >>>>Windows
    >>>>Explorer hang ot repond.
    >>>>
    >>>>Do I have to do a Vista Repair from my DVDs to get rid of the problem?
    >>>>
    >>>>Thanks for you time and looking for the solution.
    >>>> <!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  7. John Galt

    John Galt Guest

    "Sage - John Leonard" <sagegrp@nowhere> wrote:
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >John
    >
    >I deleted what Malke told me to do, after I thought I solved the problem.
    >
    >Would you be good enough to copy what he said and post it again, for me.
    >
    >thx<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Malke is a SHE.

    And you've got so many active threads, I confused another thread with
    your restore point problem... she never replied to this.

    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >"John Galt" <galtj@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    >news:1913a5dq5tvrs6kiicj7rm2n39fan52bhv@4ax.com...<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> "Sage - John Leonard" <sagegrp@nowhere> wrote:
    >><!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    >>>Back again for help.
    >>>
    >>>As stated below I was able to clean up the right click problem with a
    >>>restore Sept 24th.
    >>>
    >>>now after doing some updates, my problem is back and I no longer have the
    >>>Sept 24th restore point.
    >>>
    >>>I did try the Restore Point after the fix, but the did not change
    >>>anything -
    >>>still with problem.
    >>>
    >>>I just tried a boot from the Vista DVD and a repair.
    >>>
    >>>The only thing that brought up was the list of options - meaning that it
    >>>did
    >>>not find anything wrong.
    >>>
    >>>Am I missing something here. I did not run the "error when starting
    >>>option"
    >>>(or something like that?)
    >>>
    >>>What do I do to try and get a Vista Repair to run?
    >>>
    >>>Hopefully that will clean up my problem?
    >>>
    >>>thx<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >>
    >> Return to your original thread and do everything Malke told you to do.
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >><!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    >>>"John Galt" <galtj@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    >>>news:gqel955e9rq5skfrnhjmekbeoli2qf2brl@4ax.com...
    >>>> "Sage - John Leonard" <sagegrp@nowhere> wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>>Yesterday I ran, in Safe Mode, an older Restore Point (Sept 24th) AND IT
    >>>>>CLEANED UP MY PROBLEM.
    >>>>>
    >>>>>My problem was - when I right Clicked a short cut, file or folder within
    >>>>>Windows Explorer. It caused Windows Explorer to Hang/Not responding.
    >>>>>
    >>>>>Then Idecided to do an update to the Vista, so I ran the Upda5te option.
    >>>>>
    >>>>>My problem of right clicking appeared again?
    >>>>>
    >>>>>I went back into Safe Mode to find and re-do the System Restor from Sept
    >>>>>24th and it no longer exist?
    >>>>>
    >>>>>the select older than 5 days was grayed out.
    >>>>>
    >>>>>I did not delete or do anything (that I'm aware of) to remove it.
    >>>>>
    >>>>>It was the last one on the list. Was it deleted automatically due to
    >>>>>storage
    >>>>>size allowed?
    >>>>>
    >>>>>In any case, is there a way to get it back?
    >>>>
    >>>> You don't need to. Use the restore point that was created when you
    >>>> ran the update.
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>>I need to fix this problem - of right clicking something and having
    >>>>>Windows
    >>>>>Explorer hang ot repond.
    >>>>>
    >>>>>Do I have to do a Vista Repair from my DVDs to get rid of the problem?
    >>>>>
    >>>>>Thanks for you time and looking for the solution.
    >>>>> <!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  8. thx
    "John Galt" <galtj@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    news:uk25a55nlebihc8ne5t1br2hsa72qd14f5@4ax.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > "Sage - John Leonard" <sagegrp@nowhere> wrote:
    ><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >>John
    >>
    >>I deleted what Malke told me to do, after I thought I solved the problem.
    >>
    >>Would you be good enough to copy what he said and post it again, for me.
    >>
    >>thx<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    > Malke is a SHE.
    >
    > And you've got so many active threads, I confused another thread with
    > your restore point problem... she never replied to this.
    >
    ><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >>"John Galt" <galtj@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    >>news:1913a5dq5tvrs6kiicj7rm2n39fan52bhv@4ax.com...<!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    >>> "Sage - John Leonard" <sagegrp@nowhere> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>>Back again for help.
    >>>>
    >>>>As stated below I was able to clean up the right click problem with a
    >>>>restore Sept 24th.
    >>>>
    >>>>now after doing some updates, my problem is back and I no longer have
    >>>>the
    >>>>Sept 24th restore point.
    >>>>
    >>>>I did try the Restore Point after the fix, but the did not change
    >>>>anything -
    >>>>still with problem.
    >>>>
    >>>>I just tried a boot from the Vista DVD and a repair.
    >>>>
    >>>>The only thing that brought up was the list of options - meaning that it
    >>>>did
    >>>>not find anything wrong.
    >>>>
    >>>>Am I missing something here. I did not run the "error when starting
    >>>>option"
    >>>>(or something like that?)
    >>>>
    >>>>What do I do to try and get a Vista Repair to run?
    >>>>
    >>>>Hopefully that will clean up my problem?
    >>>>
    >>>>thx
    >>>
    >>> Return to your original thread and do everything Malke told you to do.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>>"John Galt" <galtj@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    >>>>news:gqel955e9rq5skfrnhjmekbeoli2qf2brl@4ax.com...
    >>>>> "Sage - John Leonard" <sagegrp@nowhere> wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>>Yesterday I ran, in Safe Mode, an older Restore Point (Sept 24th) AND
    >>>>>>IT
    >>>>>>CLEANED UP MY PROBLEM.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>My problem was - when I right Clicked a short cut, file or folder
    >>>>>>within
    >>>>>>Windows Explorer. It caused Windows Explorer to Hang/Not responding.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>Then Idecided to do an update to the Vista, so I ran the Upda5te
    >>>>>>option.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>My problem of right clicking appeared again?
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>I went back into Safe Mode to find and re-do the System Restor from
    >>>>>>Sept
    >>>>>>24th and it no longer exist?
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>the select older than 5 days was grayed out.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>I did not delete or do anything (that I'm aware of) to remove it.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>It was the last one on the list. Was it deleted automatically due to
    >>>>>>storage
    >>>>>>size allowed?
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>In any case, is there a way to get it back?
    >>>>>
    >>>>> You don't need to. Use the restore point that was created when you
    >>>>> ran the update.
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>>>I need to fix this problem - of right clicking something and having
    >>>>>>Windows
    >>>>>>Explorer hang ot repond.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>Do I have to do a Vista Repair from my DVDs to get rid of the problem?
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>Thanks for you time and looking for the solution.
    >>>>>> <!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     

Share This Page