1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Removal of Built-in Windows Mail

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Helroy, Sep 7, 2009.

  1. Helroy

    Helroy Guest

    Hi,
    Since I'm using components (Programs) of Windows Live Essentials,
    is there a way to remove all the Vista built-in stuff like:

    Windows mail and News
    Windows Photo Galery
    Windows Calendar and Windows Contacts.

    Gets confusing after a while.

    tia

    --
    Helroy
    <><>
     
  2. gregg

    gregg Guest

    Helroy wrote:<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Hi,
    > Since I'm using components (Programs) of Windows Live Essentials,
    > is there a way to remove all the Vista built-in stuff like:
    >
    > Windows mail and News
    > Windows Photo Galery
    > Windows Calendar and Windows Contacts.
    >
    > Gets confusing after a while.
    >
    > tia
    > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    No, they are a part of Windows. They also function better and use less
    memory than their Live counterparts. I wouldn't want to get rid of them
    if I could. If I was going to get rid of one or the other it would be
    Windows Live.
     
  3. Helroy

    Helroy Guest

    "gregg" <totfit@NOSPAMnewsguy.com> wrote in message
    news:h83ssu04at@news2.newsguy.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Helroy wrote:<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> Hi,
    >> Since I'm using components (Programs) of Windows Live Essentials,
    >> is there a way to remove all the Vista built-in stuff like:
    >>
    >> Windows mail and News
    >> Windows Photo Galery
    >> Windows Calendar and Windows Contacts.
    >>
    >> Gets confusing after a while.
    >>
    >> tia
    >><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    > No, they are a part of Windows. They also function better and use less
    > memory than their Live counterparts. I wouldn't want to get rid of them if
    > I could. If I was going to get rid of one or the other it would be Windows
    > Live.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Thanks for the info.
    Will take your comments under consideration.

    --
    Helroy
    <><>
     
  4. Andy Huang

    Andy Huang Guest

    Yes you can.
    You have to go into Security/Permissions and set your account to 'Full
    Control".
    Then you can delete any Windows folder.

    It is dangerous and I won't exaplain how todo it, I just say this much:
    it takes a moment or maybe 20 minutes to destroy any folder.

    I for example deleted Windows Moviemaker nonsense, gained some space and
    simplifying filesystem/reducing filecount always speeds up overall system.
    But I am too lazy to explain what todo in detail, if I Googled for it, you
    can too.
     
  5. Jon

    Jon Guest

    "Helroy" <helroy@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
    news:h83qt2$hv9$1@news.eternal-september.org...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Hi,
    > Since I'm using components (Programs) of Windows Live Essentials,
    > is there a way to remove all the Vista built-in stuff like:
    >
    > Windows mail and News
    > Windows Photo Galery
    > Windows Calendar and Windows Contacts.
    >
    > Gets confusing after a while.
    ><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->


    Well it sounds like you're plugging Windows 7, but why anyone with a modicum
    of concern for privacy would prefer an online calendar to a local one is
    beyond me.

    I guess it makes it easier for Big Brother to follow all of our weekly
    movements.

    --
    Jon
     

Share This Page