1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Regarding Audio Recording in Vista

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Kay Yes, Sep 8, 2009.

  1. Kay Yes

    Kay Yes Guest

    Hi All,
    When I record a sound using a mic from my application, the recorded
    sound does not match with the input sound. This maybe due to Noise or
    Distortion. I know it is not possible to reproduce a pure signal as
    such.I don't know whether my recorded file is within the allowed
    threshold limit. I just want to know is there any threshold level ,
    specific for the driver ? Where to look for information on noise level
    or distortion specified by the manufacturer ?


    Thanks in Advance
     
  2. Jon

    Jon Guest

    "Kay Yes" <arunks.ceg@gmail.com> wrote in message
    news:777b1aca-ad5d-4f3e-8124-17df889738c0@g1g2000pra.googlegroups.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Hi All,
    > When I record a sound using a mic from my application, the recorded
    > sound does not match with the input sound. This maybe due to Noise or
    > Distortion. I know it is not possible to reproduce a pure signal as
    > such.I don't know whether my recorded file is within the allowed
    > threshold limit. I just want to know is there any threshold level ,
    > specific for the driver ? Where to look for information on noise level
    > or distortion specified by the manufacturer ?
    ><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->


    Try muting the speakers and / or lowering the recording level for the
    microphone.

    Control Panel > Sound > Click on relevant device > Properties

    --
    Jon
     
  3. "Kay Yes" wrote:
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > When I record a sound using a mic from my application, the recorded
    > sound does not match with the input sound. This maybe due to Noise or
    > Distortion. <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    There are couple of possibilities here. If you are using a notebook
    computer, some notebooks introduce electronic noise when you are charging the
    battery. So the first thing you should do is disconnect the battery charger
    from a notebook computer and that is what you are using. If this is the
    problem, it can sometimes be rectified just by reversing the plug in the
    outlet. Otherwise you may have to find a solution that your local Radio Shack.

    The other more common problem is that a lot of soundcards built onto the
    motherboard are not shielded properly and will pick up electronic noise from
    within the computer enclosure. The only way around this is to use a USB Sound
    pod which is just a sound card that sits outside of the computer. The audio
    is injected directly into the Computer Processing Unit and bypasses
    electronic noise from within the computer.

    Marty Markoe, eMicrophones, Inc.
     

Share This Page