1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Re: TXT to PDF?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Paul H, Sep 4, 2009.

  1. Paul H

    Paul H Guest

    Yes - but few run from a BAT file, few are free, thus my query to this
    group, hoping someone has a favorite that they will recommend.

    ===============================

    "Jose" <jose_ease@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    news:9941844f-b50a-4dab-8f7d-cbebaec615ab@z24g2000yqb.googlegroups.com...

    If you perform a Google search for:

    convert text to pdf

    You will get 5M+ hits.

    Which of those have you tried?


    On Sep 4, 10:11 am, "Paul H" <NoSpamphobergNoS...@att.net> wrote:<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > I need to convert TXT files to PDF files. It must run from a BAT file. Are
    > there any other programs I should consider besides txt2pdf by pdfzilla?
    > TIA, Paul<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  2. "Paul H" <NoSpamphobergNoSpam@att.net> wrote:
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    >
    >Yes - but few run from a BAT file, few are free, thus my query to this
    >group, hoping someone has a favorite that they will recommend.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    If there are only a few that do what you wish AND that are free, it
    wouldn't be difficult for you to try them and decide on your own...
    hmm?

    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >===============================
    >
    >"Jose" <jose_ease@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >news:9941844f-b50a-4dab-8f7d-cbebaec615ab@z24g2000yqb.googlegroups.com...
    >
    >If you perform a Google search for:
    >
    >convert text to pdf
    >
    >You will get 5M+ hits.
    >
    >Which of those have you tried?
    >
    >
    >On Sep 4, 10:11 am, "Paul H" <NoSpamphobergNoS...@att.net> wrote:<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> I need to convert TXT files to PDF files. It must run from a BAT file. Are
    >> there any other programs I should consider besides txt2pdf by pdfzilla?
    >> TIA, Paul<!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  3. Paul H

    Paul H Guest

    "Bennett Marco" <benmarco@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    news:ift2a5pujgjsjjfovcr8u1olah4em9ode6@4ax.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > "Paul H" <NoSpamphobergNoSpam@att.net> wrote:
    ><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >>
    >>
    >>Yes - but few run from a BAT file, few are free, thus my query to this
    >>group, hoping someone has a favorite that they will recommend.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    > If there are only a few that do what you wish AND that are free, it
    > wouldn't be difficult for you to try them and decide on your own...
    > hmm?
    ><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    This is the only one I can find - I hope someone can tell me of another.
    This one may not work out.
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    ><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >>===============================
    >>
    >>"Jose" <jose_ease@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >>news:9941844f-b50a-4dab-8f7d-cbebaec615ab@z24g2000yqb.googlegroups.com...
    >>
    >>If you perform a Google search for:
    >>
    >>convert text to pdf
    >>
    >>You will get 5M+ hits.
    >>
    >>Which of those have you tried?
    >>
    >>
    >>On Sep 4, 10:11 am, "Paul H" <NoSpamphobergNoS...@att.net> wrote:<!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    >>> I need to convert TXT files to PDF files. It must run from a BAT file.
    >>> Are
    >>> there any other programs I should consider besides txt2pdf by pdfzilla?
    >>> TIA, Paul <!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  4. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Paul H wrote:<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > "Bennett Marco" <benmarco@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    > news:ift2a5pujgjsjjfovcr8u1olah4em9ode6@4ax.com...<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> "Paul H" <NoSpamphobergNoSpam@att.net> wrote:
    >><!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> Yes - but few run from a BAT file, few are free, thus my query to this
    >>> group, hoping someone has a favorite that they will recommend.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >>
    >> If there are only a few that do what you wish AND that are free, it
    >> wouldn't be difficult for you to try them and decide on your own...
    >> hmm?
    >><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    > This is the only one I can find - I hope someone can tell me of another.
    > This one may not work out.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    I'd probably break the problem down into two pieces.

    This program offers to convert text to Postscript. It's been
    a few years since I've used this.



    Ghostscript has Postscript to PDF conversion scripts.



    It will take a bit of wrangling of paths and the like,
    to get it all working.

    You can see in this example, that some tools use Ghostscript
    as a back end, to do their conversions for them. So even when
    you don't see Ghostscript mentioned in the documentation, it
    could still be part of a product.



    Paul
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > <!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >><!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    >>> ===============================
    >>>
    >>> "Jose" <jose_ease@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >>> news:9941844f-b50a-4dab-8f7d-cbebaec615ab@z24g2000yqb.googlegroups.com...
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> If you perform a Google search for:
    >>>
    >>> convert text to pdf
    >>>
    >>> You will get 5M+ hits.
    >>>
    >>> Which of those have you tried?
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> On Sep 4, 10:11 am, "Paul H" <NoSpamphobergNoS...@att.net> wrote:
    >>>> I need to convert TXT files to PDF files. It must run from a BAT
    >>>> file. Are
    >>>> there any other programs I should consider besides txt2pdf by pdfzilla?
    >>>> TIA, Paul <!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  5. Paul H

    Paul H Guest

    Thank you, Paul, for an actual suggestion. I will try it if the PdfZillo
    doesn't work out. If it does, and it says it will, the task will be simple.
    But the instructions for the program are elusive.

    "Paul" <nospam@needed.com> wrote in message news:h7ss54$r8b$1@aioe.org...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Paul H wrote:<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >>
    >> "Bennett Marco" <benmarco@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    >> news:ift2a5pujgjsjjfovcr8u1olah4em9ode6@4ax.com...<!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    >>> "Paul H" <NoSpamphobergNoSpam@att.net> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> Yes - but few run from a BAT file, few are free, thus my query to this
    >>>> group, hoping someone has a favorite that they will recommend.
    >>>
    >>> If there are only a few that do what you wish AND that are free, it
    >>> wouldn't be difficult for you to try them and decide on your own...
    >>> hmm?
    >>><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >>
    >> This is the only one I can find - I hope someone can tell me of another.
    >> This one may not work out.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    > I'd probably break the problem down into two pieces.
    >
    > This program offers to convert text to Postscript. It's been
    > a few years since I've used this.
    >
    >
    >
    > Ghostscript has Postscript to PDF conversion scripts.
    >
    >

    >
    > It will take a bit of wrangling of paths and the like,
    > to get it all working.
    >
    > You can see in this example, that some tools use Ghostscript
    > as a back end, to do their conversions for them. So even when
    > you don't see Ghostscript mentioned in the documentation, it
    > could still be part of a product.
    >
    >

    >
    > Paul
    ><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >><!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    >>>
    >>>> ===============================
    >>>>
    >>>> "Jose" <jose_ease@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >>>> news:9941844f-b50a-4dab-8f7d-cbebaec615ab@z24g2000yqb.googlegroups.com...
    >>>>
    >>>> If you perform a Google search for:
    >>>>
    >>>> convert text to pdf
    >>>>
    >>>> You will get 5M+ hits.
    >>>>
    >>>> Which of those have you tried?
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> On Sep 4, 10:11 am, "Paul H" <NoSpamphobergNoS...@att.net> wrote:
    >>>>> I need to convert TXT files to PDF files. It must run from a BAT file.
    >>>>> Are
    >>>>> there any other programs I should consider besides txt2pdf by
    >>>>> pdfzilla?
    >>>>> TIA, Paul<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >> <!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     

Share This Page