1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Re: CRCDISK.SYS error lockup

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by SilentJJ, Jul 14, 2009.

  1. SilentJJ

    SilentJJ Guest

    Yes, I know this posting is a few years late, but I couldn’t find a
    solution to the same problem via a Google search and this was the first
    link that would show up each time I did a search. Maybe this will point
    others in the right direction in the future.

    I had a Gateway Laptop (MT6728), which originally came with Windows XP
    installed, that I formatted and wanted to put Windows Vista on. I came
    across the same problem of Vista hanging after the CRCDISK.SYS loaded.
    It took me a while to figure out that what was causing this problem, and
    the answer was the RAID drivers for the motherboard. I when to
    Gateways’ website and downloaded the RAID drivers, placed them onto a
    floppy disk (using a USB Floppy Drive) and told Windows Vista to load
    them before it installed Vista onto the hard drive. It worked like a
    charm on the first try. I hope this may help someone else out there and
    save them a little time and a few headaches.


    --
    SilentJJ
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    SilentJJ's Profile:
    View this thread:


     
  2. modelapic

    modelapic Guest

    I recently have had the crcdisk.sys Bluescreen problem. I am using
    Vista 64 Home Premium, and was able to install SP2 via Safe Mode. That
    did not fix the problem. However, the RAID controller post was a good
    lead. I was able to get to the Vista "Problem Reports & Solutions"
    button in the Contol Panel while in Safe Mode w/ networking. This
    brought up "Intel® Matrix Storage Manager" for my Gateway, and
    ultimately led me to install IATA89ENU.EXE. This solved my crcdisk
    problem. Hope it gives some leads to a fix for others..


    --
    modelapic
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    modelapic's Profile:
    View this thread:


     

Share This Page