1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

RapportService.exe constantly running

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Cat Girl, Aug 5, 2009.

  1. Cat Girl

    Cat Girl Guest

    Hi I am a complete novice so please be gentle with me!
    I noticed that my curser kept having the little blue circle come up to
    signify something is working in the background, this has happened for the
    last 2 days. I have checked and RapportService.exe is constantly running even
    when not connected to the Internet and uses up to 50% of CPU. Following
    advice from previous threads I downloaded Malwarebytes and it has found 2
    things and deleted them, they were Adware and Wormp2p. However
    RapportService.exe is still wirring away. I know this is the software from
    the Banks so am worried that someone is trying to attack my PC and that it is
    why it is constantly going. I upgraded to Internet Explorer 8 yesterday so
    dont know if that has any bearing on it. Also have Norton 360.
    Any advice please? Thanks
     
  2. DarkNight

    DarkNight Guest

    Hi there!

    You are correct, that software is indeed for safety on banking. Don`t be
    wooried as this program connot hijack your information. BUT it is very
    unusaul that the CPU usage is so high. This app. is only suppose to use
    0.28% average.

    Try reinstalling this software. Let me know if you need more help.

    ByeBye [​IMG]

    "Cat Girl" <Cat Girl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    news:39785692-F378-45AD-9670-ECDE85469073@microsoft.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Hi I am a complete novice so please be gentle with me!
    > I noticed that my curser kept having the little blue circle come up to
    > signify something is working in the background, this has happened for the
    > last 2 days. I have checked and RapportService.exe is constantly running
    > even
    > when not connected to the Internet and uses up to 50% of CPU. Following
    > advice from previous threads I downloaded Malwarebytes and it has found 2
    > things and deleted them, they were Adware and Wormp2p. However
    > RapportService.exe is still wirring away. I know this is the software from
    > the Banks so am worried that someone is trying to attack my PC and that it
    > is
    > why it is constantly going. I upgraded to Internet Explorer 8 yesterday so
    > dont know if that has any bearing on it. Also have Norton 360.
    > Any advice please? Thanks <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  3. Cat Girl

    Cat Girl Guest

    HI, thanks for replying, I have uninstalled and reinstalled and now
    everything fine.

    "DarkNight" wrote:
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Hi there!
    >
    > You are correct, that software is indeed for safety on banking. Don`t be
    > wooried as this program connot hijack your information. BUT it is very
    > unusaul that the CPU usage is so high. This app. is only suppose to use
    > 0.28% average.
    >
    > Try reinstalling this software. Let me know if you need more help.
    >
    > ByeBye [​IMG]
    >
    > "Cat Girl" <Cat Girl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > news:39785692-F378-45AD-9670-ECDE85469073@microsoft.com...<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    > > Hi I am a complete novice so please be gentle with me!
    > > I noticed that my curser kept having the little blue circle come up to
    > > signify something is working in the background, this has happened for the
    > > last 2 days. I have checked and RapportService.exe is constantly running
    > > even
    > > when not connected to the Internet and uses up to 50% of CPU. Following
    > > advice from previous threads I downloaded Malwarebytes and it has found 2
    > > things and deleted them, they were Adware and Wormp2p. However
    > > RapportService.exe is still wirring away. I know this is the software from
    > > the Banks so am worried that someone is trying to attack my PC and that it
    > > is
    > > why it is constantly going. I upgraded to Internet Explorer 8 yesterday so
    > > dont know if that has any bearing on it. Also have Norton 360.
    > > Any advice please? Thanks <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  4. DarkNight

    DarkNight Guest

    Great, no problem [​IMG]

    "Cat Girl" <CatGirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    news:90B8543F-B326-4F33-88C3-1A66FB0A7BEC@microsoft.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > HI, thanks for replying, I have uninstalled and reinstalled and now
    > everything fine.
    >
    > "DarkNight" wrote:
    ><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> Hi there!
    >>
    >> You are correct, that software is indeed for safety on banking. Don`t be
    >> wooried as this program connot hijack your information. BUT it is very
    >> unusaul that the CPU usage is so high. This app. is only suppose to use
    >> 0.28% average.
    >>
    >> Try reinstalling this software. Let me know if you need more help.
    >>
    >> ByeBye [​IMG]
    >>
    >> "Cat Girl" <Cat Girl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> news:39785692-F378-45AD-9670-ECDE85469073@microsoft.com...<!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    >> > Hi I am a complete novice so please be gentle with me!
    >> > I noticed that my curser kept having the little blue circle come up to
    >> > signify something is working in the background, this has happened for
    >> > the
    >> > last 2 days. I have checked and RapportService.exe is constantly
    >> > running
    >> > even
    >> > when not connected to the Internet and uses up to 50% of CPU. Following
    >> > advice from previous threads I downloaded Malwarebytes and it has found
    >> > 2
    >> > things and deleted them, they were Adware and Wormp2p. However
    >> > RapportService.exe is still wirring away. I know this is the software
    >> > from
    >> > the Banks so am worried that someone is trying to attack my PC and that
    >> > it
    >> > is
    >> > why it is constantly going. I upgraded to Internet Explorer 8 yesterday
    >> > so
    >> > dont know if that has any bearing on it. Also have Norton 360.
    >> > Any advice please? Thanks<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >>
    >> <!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  5. undisclosed

    undisclosed Guest

    Hi

    I seem to be having the same problem, rapportservice.exe is running at
    about 50% on my vista machine. I tried to uninstall it to fix the
    problem, but i allegedly don't have the rights to do so. So I now can't
    find the programe in add/remove programs but it also wont allow me to
    re-install the programe.

    Any more advice.
    Thanks


    --
    glowworm710
     
  6. Here's what undisclosed wrote on 9/14/09:<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Hi<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > I seem to be having the same problem, rapportservice.exe is running at
    > about 50% on my vista machine. I tried to uninstall it to fix the
    > problem, but i allegedly don't have the rights to do so. So I now can't
    > find the programe in add/remove programs but it also wont allow me to
    > re-install the programe.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Any more advice.
    > Thanks<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Scan for malware...

    You can Google for rapportservice.exe. There isn't much information,
    but what I see makes me think it's bad stuff (it is possibly a question
    of interpretation).

    Look here:


    Inter alia, it tells you where the executable is.

    --
    Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com
     

Share This Page