1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Processor/cache recognition and vista 64

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by paxv, Sep 16, 2009.

  1. paxv

    paxv Guest

    I'd like to know wether or not Vista (in my case Business 64) uses

    - both processors (both 4 cores)
    ( I use a 2 processor quad core AMD Opteron 2376 on a TYAN thunder
    3600B Mainboard (16Gb RAM ECC/Reg) with a normal loadout of JBOD SATA
    HDD's and a DVD-RW)
    (It seems to do so but still, It reports my 8 tasks running as 12 and
    13 percent (4 of both, together makes 100 , if this is percentages of
    total capacity then it's okay))

    - level 2 and L3 cache (4x512 and 6144 respectively for both
    processor-dies )

    I know it's on the system (I checked with CPU-Z but it only does a
    readout of the CPU, not a functionality check) but how do I check it
    works?

    I am not a complete computer noob. But this is my first multicore
    system.
    (I also have a old AMD Atlon64 3000+.)

    If it doesnt, I'd like to know where I could find the setup in the
    Registry to correct this. (probably hkey_localmachine/system/ ? )


    --
    paxv
     

Share This Page