1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

problems connecting

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Jim Marshall, Sep 1, 2009.

  1. Jim Marshall

    Jim Marshall Guest

    Daughter bought new Toshiba laptop - no problem connecting wirelessly but
    now at college has problems connecting via ethernet cable to the college
    dorms network techies seem to be able to get it to work for few minutes
    then freezes again. So far have tried disconnecting windows firewall,
    diagnosing and repairing adapter (realtek) disabling and enabling adapter,
    unclicking IPV 6 in adapter properties, all to no avail.

    Latest suggestion I sent her is to switch from public to private on router
    properties, I think while under IPV6. Don't have results of this yet.

    Can anyone think of anything else to try? I found all of the above on
    google search
     
  2. Rick Rogers

    Rick Rogers Guest

Share This Page