1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

problem after installing sp2

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by marco, Sep 2, 2009.

  1. marco

    marco Guest

    since installing sp2 I have two unknown devices listed in my
    device manager, but I cannot figure out what they are. it does not appear to
    be anything I am in need of; its not a firewire, USB, network, wireless,
    sound, or display adapter and all of the my hardware devices seem to work
    properly.

    now every time windows starts I receive a message "new hardware installed"
    it goes through the process of searching for drivers but fails.

    does anyone know a way of identifying a device's name so I can install the
    necessary drivers?

    many thanks for your help.
     
  2. Peter Foldes

    Peter Foldes Guest

    What does the Properties show on the unknown device ?

    --
    Peter

    Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
    Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.

    "marco" <marco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    news:31778917-EB11-4FFE-83F7-06A668593B6E@microsoft.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > since installing sp2 I have two unknown devices listed in my
    > device manager, but I cannot figure out what they are. it does not appear to
    > be anything I am in need of; its not a firewire, USB, network, wireless,
    > sound, or display adapter and all of the my hardware devices seem to work
    > properly.
    >
    > now every time windows starts I receive a message "new hardware installed"
    > it goes through the process of searching for drivers but fails.
    >
    > does anyone know a way of identifying a device's name so I can install the
    > necessary drivers?
    >
    > many thanks for your help. <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  3. Dave-UK

    Dave-UK Guest

    "marco" <marco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:31778917-EB11-4FFE-83F7-06A668593B6E@microsoft.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > since installing sp2 I have two unknown devices listed in my
    > device manager, but I cannot figure out what they are. it does not appear to
    > be anything I am in need of; its not a firewire, USB, network, wireless,
    > sound, or display adapter and all of the my hardware devices seem to work
    > properly.
    >
    > now every time windows starts I receive a message "new hardware installed"
    > it goes through the process of searching for drivers but fails.
    >
    > does anyone know a way of identifying a device's name so I can install the
    > necessary drivers?
    >
    > many thanks for your help.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Unknown Devices may help, it's free:
     
  4. marco

    marco Guest

    please could you explain what you mean?

    thanks
    "Peter Foldes" wrote:
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > What does the Properties show on the unknown device ?
    >
    > --
    > Peter
    >
    > Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
    > Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.
    >
    > "marco" <marco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > news:31778917-EB11-4FFE-83F7-06A668593B6E@microsoft.com...<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    > > since installing sp2 I have two unknown devices listed in my
    > > device manager, but I cannot figure out what they are. it does not appear to
    > > be anything I am in need of; its not a firewire, USB, network, wireless,
    > > sound, or display adapter and all of the my hardware devices seem to work
    > > properly.
    > >
    > > now every time windows starts I receive a message "new hardware installed"
    > > it goes through the process of searching for drivers but fails.
    > >
    > > does anyone know a way of identifying a device's name so I can install the
    > > necessary drivers?
    > >
    > > many thanks for your help. <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     

Share This Page