1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

PrintScreen Software

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by denmarfl, Sep 12, 2009.

  1. denmarfl

    denmarfl Guest

    Vista Home prem 32BIT

    You would think for something so simple, a software would be available. I
    know I can Use PrintScreen to place a Screen print into Paint and print it,
    but multipile steps are required. Under XP I used a utility taht all I had
    to do is make the Window I wanted to Print the Active Window, I would press
    print screen and that window would print....basically...one step vs. 3 steps.

    I have tried the Gadwin Free Print screen....it also requires a few steps
    and the printed document comes out many times too small.

    Has anyone found\used a "One-Step" Printscreen utility\Software that all you
    do is press the PrintScreen key to print the Active window and the printed
    copy comes out, shall we say, normal print size? Please let me know and
    where to get it......
     
  2. On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 10:09:01 -0700, denmarfl
    <denmarfl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Vista Home prem 32BIT
    >
    > You would think for something so simple, a software would be available. I
    > know I can Use PrintScreen to place a Screen print into Paint and print it,
    > but multipile steps are required. Under XP I used a utility taht all I had
    > to do is make the Window I wanted to Print the Active Window, I would press
    > print screen and that window would print....basically...one step vs. 3 steps.
    >
    > I have tried the Gadwin Free Print screen....it also requires a few steps
    > and the printed document comes out many times too small.
    >
    > Has anyone foundused a "One-Step" Printscreen utilitySoftware that all you
    > do is press the PrintScreen key to print the Active window and the printed
    > copy comes out, shall we say, normal print size? Please let me know and
    > where to get it......<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->



    Back in the days of DOS, the PrtScn key used to print the screen. But
    in all versions of Windows, this works differently, and the name of
    the key is now an anachronism. PrtScrn captures the whole screen, and
    Alt-PrtScrn captures the active window.

    Either one captures the image to the Windows clipboard. Once it's in
    the clipboard you can paste (Ctrl-V) it into any application that
    supports graphics (Windows Paint, other graphics programs, even your
    favorite word processor). You can edit or add to the image as you
    wish, then print it.

    This ability to manipulate the image in a program before printing it
    is an improvement over the original DOS method of just printing it.
    But if you'd like that old facility back, there are several
    third-party freeware/shareware programs that can do this, such as
    PrintKey2000 at




    --
    Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
    Please Reply to the Newsgroup
     
  3. whs

    whs Guest

    Ken Blake, MVP;1133669 Wrote: <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 10:09:01 -0700, denmarfl
    > <denmarfl@xxxxxx> wrote:<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro--><!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    > > > >
    > > > Vista Home prem 32BIT
    > > >
    > > > You would think for something so simple, a software would be<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > > available. I<!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    > > > know I can Use PrintScreen to place a Screen print into Paint and<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > > print it,<!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    > > > but multipile steps are required. Under XP I used a utility taht all<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > > I had<!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    > > > to do is make the Window I wanted to Print the Active Window, I would<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > > press<!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    > > > print screen and that window would print....basically...one step vs.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > > 3 steps.<!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    > > >
    > > > I have tried the Gadwin Free Print screen....it also requires a few<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > > steps<!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    > > > and the printed document comes out many times too small.
    > > >
    > > > Has anyone foundused a "One-Step" Printscreen utilitySoftware that<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > > all you<!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    > > > do is press the PrintScreen key to print the Active window and the<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > > printed<!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    > > > copy comes out, shall we say, normal print size? Please let me know<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > > and<!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    > > > where to get it...... > > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    >
    >
    > Back in the days of DOS, the PrtScn key used to print the screen. But
    > in all versions of Windows, this works differently, and the name of
    > the key is now an anachronism. PrtScrn captures the whole screen, and
    > Alt-PrtScrn captures the active window.
    >
    > Either one captures the image to the Windows clipboard. Once it's in
    > the clipboard you can paste (Ctrl-V) it into any application that
    > supports graphics (Windows Paint, other graphics programs, even your
    > favorite word processor). You can edit or add to the image as you
    > wish, then print it.
    >
    > This ability to manipulate the image in a program before printing it
    > is an improvement over the original DOS method of just printing it.
    > But if you'd like that old facility back, there are several
    > third-party freeware/shareware programs that can do this, such as
    > PrintKey2000 at
    > 'PrintKey2000'
    > ()
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
    > Please Reply to the Newsgroup<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->


    'A+ Freeware - Multimedia & Design - FastStone Capture 5.3 (last
    freeware version)'
    (
    )


    --
    whs
     
  4. Bill Sharpe

    Bill Sharpe Guest

    denmarfl wrote:<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Vista Home prem 32BIT
    >
    > You would think for something so simple, a software would be available. I
    > know I can Use PrintScreen to place a Screen print into Paint and print it,
    > but multipile steps are required. Under XP I used a utility taht all I had
    > to do is make the Window I wanted to Print the Active Window, I would press
    > print screen and that window would print....basically...one step vs. 3 steps.
    >
    > I have tried the Gadwin Free Print screen....it also requires a few steps
    > and the printed document comes out many times too small.
    >
    > Has anyone foundused a "One-Step" Printscreen utilitySoftware that all you
    > do is press the PrintScreen key to print the Active window and the printed
    > copy comes out, shall we say, normal print size? Please let me know and
    > where to get it......<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Vista has a built-in screen capture program called the Snipping Tool.
    I've got Vista on my laptop machine but don't have a printer hooked up
    to the laptop so I can't comment on its ease of use. I suspect it's not
    the one-key solution you're looking for but it should be pretty
    straightforward.

    Bill
     
  5. denmarfl

    denmarfl Guest

    Thanks; Located a free ScrPrint software called...FaststoneCapture

    "Bill Sharpe" wrote:
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > denmarfl wrote:<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    > > Vista Home prem 32BIT
    > >
    > > You would think for something so simple, a software would be available. I
    > > know I can Use PrintScreen to place a Screen print into Paint and print it,
    > > but multipile steps are required. Under XP I used a utility taht all I had
    > > to do is make the Window I wanted to Print the Active Window, I would press
    > > print screen and that window would print....basically...one step vs. 3 steps.
    > >
    > > I have tried the Gadwin Free Print screen....it also requires a few steps
    > > and the printed document comes out many times too small.
    > >
    > > Has anyone foundused a "One-Step" Printscreen utilitySoftware that all you
    > > do is press the PrintScreen key to print the Active window and the printed
    > > copy comes out, shall we say, normal print size? Please let me know and
    > > where to get it......<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    > Vista has a built-in screen capture program called the Snipping Tool.
    > I've got Vista on my laptop machine but don't have a printer hooked up
    > to the laptop so I can't comment on its ease of use. I suspect it's not
    > the one-key solution you're looking for but it should be pretty
    > straightforward.
    >
    > Bill
    > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  6. denmarfl

    denmarfl Guest

    Thanks...that is what I was looking for.... FastCature. The only issue I
    have is I have not found away to simply press PrtScr key and the Active
    Window prints. What takes palce is the Preview window opens, then you press
    PRINT ...so there are several steps you must do to get a print. If you have
    found out how just to press PrtScr Key and get a print...let me know. Again,
    thanks for the post

    "whs" wrote:
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > Ken Blake, MVP;1133669 Wrote: <!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    > > On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 10:09:01 -0700, denmarfl
    > > <denmarfl@xxxxxx> wrote:<!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    > > > > >
    > > > > Vista Home prem 32BIT
    > > > >
    > > > > You would think for something so simple, a software would be
    > > > available. I
    > > > > know I can Use PrintScreen to place a Screen print into Paint and
    > > > print it,
    > > > > but multipile steps are required. Under XP I used a utility taht all
    > > > I had
    > > > > to do is make the Window I wanted to Print the Active Window, I would
    > > > press
    > > > > print screen and that window would print....basically...one step vs.
    > > > 3 steps.
    > > > >
    > > > > I have tried the Gadwin Free Print screen....it also requires a few
    > > > steps
    > > > > and the printed document comes out many times too small.
    > > > >
    > > > > Has anyone foundused a "One-Step" Printscreen utilitySoftware that
    > > > all you
    > > > > do is press the PrintScreen key to print the Active window and the
    > > > printed
    > > > > copy comes out, shall we say, normal print size? Please let me know
    > > > and
    > > > > where to get it...... > > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Back in the days of DOS, the PrtScn key used to print the screen. But
    > > in all versions of Windows, this works differently, and the name of
    > > the key is now an anachronism. PrtScrn captures the whole screen, and
    > > Alt-PrtScrn captures the active window.
    > >
    > > Either one captures the image to the Windows clipboard. Once it's in
    > > the clipboard you can paste (Ctrl-V) it into any application that
    > > supports graphics (Windows Paint, other graphics programs, even your
    > > favorite word processor). You can edit or add to the image as you
    > > wish, then print it.
    > >
    > > This ability to manipulate the image in a program before printing it
    > > is an improvement over the original DOS method of just printing it.
    > > But if you'd like that old facility back, there are several
    > > third-party freeware/shareware programs that can do this, such as
    > > PrintKey2000 at
    > > 'PrintKey2000'
    > > ()
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > --
    > > Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
    > > Please Reply to the Newsgroup<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    >
    > 'A+ Freeware - Multimedia & Design - FastStone Capture 5.3 (last
    > freeware version)'
    > (
    )
    >
    >
    > --
    > whs
    > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  7. olfart

    olfart Guest

    "denmarfl" <denmarfl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    news:DEB90F60-66F0-4A96-9F70-77103BA50E4F@microsoft.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Thanks; Located a free ScrPrint software called...FaststoneCapture
    ><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    mgrab is good too
     
  8. whs

    whs Guest

    denmarfl;1134437 Wrote: <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Thanks...that is what I was looking for.... FastCature. The only issue I
    > have is I have not found away to simply press PrtScr key and the Active
    > Window prints. What takes palce is the Preview window opens, then you
    > press
    > PRINT ...so there are several steps you must do to get a print. If you
    > have
    > found out how just to press PrtScr Key and get a print...let me know.
    > Again,
    > thanks for the post
    >
    > "whs" wrote:<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro--><!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    > > > >
    > > >
    > > > Ken Blake, MVP;1133669 Wrote:> > > > >
    > > > > > On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 10:09:01 -0700, denmarfl
    > > > > > <denmarfl@newsgroup> wrote:
    > > > > >
    > > > > >
    > > > > >
    > > > > > Back in the days of DOS, the PrtScn key used to print the screen.
    > > > But
    > > > > > in all versions of Windows, this works differently, and the name of
    > > > > > the key is now an anachronism. PrtScrn captures the whole screen,
    > > > and
    > > > > > Alt-PrtScrn captures the active window.
    > > > > >
    > > > > > Either one captures the image to the Windows clipboard. Once it's
    > > > in
    > > > > > the clipboard you can paste (Ctrl-V) it into any application that
    > > > > > supports graphics (Windows Paint, other graphics programs, even
    > > > your
    > > > > > favorite word processor). You can edit or add to the image as you
    > > > > > wish, then print it.
    > > > > >
    > > > > > This ability to manipulate the image in a program before printing
    > > > it
    > > > > > is an improvement over the original DOS method of just printing it.
    > > > > > But if you'd like that old facility back, there are several
    > > > > > third-party freeware/shareware programs that can do this, such as
    > > > > > PrintKey2000 at
    > > > > > 'PrintKey2000'
    > > > > > ('PrintKey2000'
    > > > ())
    > > > > >
    > > > > >
    > > > > >
    > > > > > --
    > > > > > Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
    > > > > > Please Reply to the Newsgroup> > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > 'A+ Freeware - Multimedia & Design - FastStone Capture 5.3 (last
    > > > freeware version)'
    > > > ('A+ Freeware - Multimedia & Design - FastStone Capture 5.3 (last<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > > freeware version)'
    > > (
    ))<!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > whs
    > > > > > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->


    Put the Capture program into the startup folder (type SHELL:STARTUP
    into the Start/search field, open the startup folder and drag a Capture
    shortcut into it). Then it will be active and show the icon in the
    notification area. Now it will do PrtScrn. If the tiny Capture window
    bothers you, minimize it (do not x out because then you loose it from
    the startup). But then you have to click the icon again for the next
    PrtScrn.


    --
    whs
     
  9. denmarfl

    denmarfl Guest

    whs
    Thank will only start the software when I start my PC. Pressing PrtSc stll
    requires several steps to get the Captured Window to print. I was hoping
    there was away to just press PrtScr and the nothing else and the Active
    window would print

    "whs" wrote:
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > denmarfl;1134437 Wrote: <!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    > > Thanks...that is what I was looking for.... FastCature. The only issue I
    > > have is I have not found away to simply press PrtScr key and the Active
    > > Window prints. What takes palce is the Preview window opens, then you
    > > press
    > > PRINT ...so there are several steps you must do to get a print. If you
    > > have
    > > found out how just to press PrtScr Key and get a print...let me know.
    > > Again,
    > > thanks for the post
    > >
    > > "whs" wrote:<!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    > > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > > Ken Blake, MVP;1133669 Wrote:> > > > >
    > > > > > > On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 10:09:01 -0700, denmarfl
    > > > > > > <denmarfl@newsgroup> wrote:
    > > > > > >
    > > > > > >
    > > > > > >
    > > > > > > Back in the days of DOS, the PrtScn key used to print the screen.
    > > > > But
    > > > > > > in all versions of Windows, this works differently, and the name of
    > > > > > > the key is now an anachronism. PrtScrn captures the whole screen,
    > > > > and
    > > > > > > Alt-PrtScrn captures the active window.
    > > > > > >
    > > > > > > Either one captures the image to the Windows clipboard. Once it's
    > > > > in
    > > > > > > the clipboard you can paste (Ctrl-V) it into any application that
    > > > > > > supports graphics (Windows Paint, other graphics programs, even
    > > > > your
    > > > > > > favorite word processor). You can edit or add to the image as you
    > > > > > > wish, then print it.
    > > > > > >
    > > > > > > This ability to manipulate the image in a program before printing
    > > > > it
    > > > > > > is an improvement over the original DOS method of just printing it.
    > > > > > > But if you'd like that old facility back, there are several
    > > > > > > third-party freeware/shareware programs that can do this, such as
    > > > > > > PrintKey2000 at
    > > > > > > 'PrintKey2000'
    > > > > > > ('PrintKey2000'
    > > > > ())
    > > > > > >
    > > > > > >
    > > > > > >
    > > > > > > --
    > > > > > > Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
    > > > > > > Please Reply to the Newsgroup> > > >
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > > 'A+ Freeware - Multimedia & Design - FastStone Capture 5.3 (last
    > > > > freeware version)'
    > > > > ('A+ Freeware - Multimedia & Design - FastStone Capture 5.3 (last
    > > > freeware version)'
    > > > (
    ))
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > > --
    > > > > whs
    > > > > > > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    >
    > Put the Capture program into the startup folder (type SHELL:STARTUP
    > into the Start/search field, open the startup folder and drag a Capture
    > shortcut into it). Then it will be active and show the icon in the
    > notification area. Now it will do PrtScrn. If the tiny Capture window
    > bothers you, minimize it (do not x out because then you loose it from
    > the startup). But then you have to click the icon again for the next
    > PrtScrn.
    >
    >
    > --
    > whs
    > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     

Share This Page