1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

PavTPK.sys Blue Screen error while gaming

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Battle Geek, Sep 13, 2009.

  1. Battle Geek

    Battle Geek Guest

    I've been being plagued by this critter for a while now, whenever I'm
    playing Warcraft I'll get a random Blue Screen of Death, message
    something to the effect of:

    PavTPK.sys
    PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

    I emailed Panda tech support and they said it is not part of their
    product, though they did link a hotfix, it doesn't run on Vista and I
    didn't get a return email.
    Here's what I found after a lot of digging

    FILES

    NTBLOG

    Loaded driver \??\C:\Windows\system32\PavTPK.sys



    SETUPAPI.APP.OLD
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro--><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro--><!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    >>> [Build Driver List - ROOTLEGACY_PAVTPK.SYS000]
    >>> Section start 2009/06/17 07:45:18.314<!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    cmd: "C:\Windows\system32\sigverif.exe"
    dvi: Unable to retrieve InfPath - likely no driver installed
    <<< Section end 2009/06/17 07:45:18.314
    <<< [Exit status: SUCCESS]



    SIGVERIF

    Unscanned Files:
    ------------------
    [c:\windows\c:\windows\system32]
    pavtpk.sys The directory name is invalid.



    UNINSTAL

    SharedDelValues

    Key27=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\PavTPK.sys

    Key45=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\PavTPK.sys\



    REGISTRY KEYS (FOLLOWING THE TRAIL FROM THE \"UNINSTAL\" FILE)

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\PavTPK.sys
    (Default) REG_SZ (Value not set)
    DisplayName REG_SZ PavTPK.sys
    ErrorControl REG_DWORD 0x00000000 (0)
    ImagePath REG_EXPAND_SZ
    C:\Windows\System32\C:\Windows\system32\PavTPK.sys
    Start REG_DWORD 0x00000003 (3)
    Type REG_DWORD 0x00000001 (1)
    WOW64 REG_DWORD 0x00000001 (1)




    HEKY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\Root\LEGACY_PAVTPK.SYS\0000

    (Default) REG_SZ (Value not set)
    NextInstance REG_DWORD 0x00000001 (1)



    Google has not been very helpful with this problem, it seems to me that
    some piece of Malware pretending to be part of Panda Antivirus is
    planting hard to find, but badly programmed files that are causing page
    faults. At this point all I want to know is, how do I kill this thing?
    The internet lacks the language for me to correctly express my rage at
    being blue-screened while gaming


    --
    Battle Geek
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Battle Geek's Profile:
    View this thread:


     
  2. Dave-UK

    Dave-UK Guest

    "Battle Geek" <Battle.Geek.3ygxjc@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message news:Battle.Geek.3ygxjc@DoNotSpam.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > I've been being plagued by this critter for a while now, whenever I'm
    > playing Warcraft I'll get a random Blue Screen of Death, message
    > something to the effect of:
    >
    > PavTPK.sys
    > PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
    >
    > I emailed Panda tech support and they said it is not part of their
    > product, though they did link a hotfix, it doesn't run on Vista and I
    > didn't get a return email.
    > Here's what I found after a lot of digging
    >
    > FILES
    >
    > NTBLOG
    >
    > Loaded driver ??C:Windowssystem32PavTPK.sys
    >
    >
    >
    > SETUPAPI.APP.OLD
    > <!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro--><!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    >>>> [Build Driver List - ROOTLEGACY_PAVTPK.SYS000]
    >>>> Section start 2009/06/17 07:45:18.314<!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > cmd: "C:Windowssystem32sigverif.exe"
    > dvi: Unable to retrieve InfPath - likely no driver installed
    > <<< Section end 2009/06/17 07:45:18.314
    > <<< [Exit status: SUCCESS]
    >
    >
    >
    > SIGVERIF
    >
    > Unscanned Files:
    > ------------------
    > [c:windowsc:windowssystem32]
    > pavtpk.sys The directory name is invalid.
    >
    >
    >
    > UNINSTAL
    >
    > SharedDelValues
    >
    > Key27=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetServicesPavTPK.sys
    >
    > Key45=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetServicesPavTPK.sys
    >
    >
    >
    > REGISTRY KEYS (FOLLOWING THE TRAIL FROM THE "UNINSTAL" FILE)
    >
    > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetServicesPavTPK.sys
    > (Default) REG_SZ (Value not set)
    > DisplayName REG_SZ PavTPK.sys
    > ErrorControl REG_DWORD 0x00000000 (0)
    > ImagePath REG_EXPAND_SZ
    > C:WindowsSystem32C:Windowssystem32PavTPK.sys
    > Start REG_DWORD 0x00000003 (3)
    > Type REG_DWORD 0x00000001 (1)
    > WOW64 REG_DWORD 0x00000001 (1)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > HEKY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMControlSet001EnumRootLEGACY_PAVTPK.SYS000
    >
    > (Default) REG_SZ (Value not set)
    > NextInstance REG_DWORD 0x00000001 (1)
    >
    >
    >
    > Google has not been very helpful with this problem, it seems to me that
    > some piece of Malware pretending to be part of Panda Antivirus is
    > planting hard to find, but badly programmed files that are causing page
    > faults. At this point all I want to know is, how do I kill this thing?
    > The internet lacks the language for me to correctly express my rage at
    > being blue-screened while gaming
    >
    >
    > --
    > Battle Geek<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Maybe boot into safe mode and delete the file.
     
  3. Jon

    Jon Guest

    Although Panda are in denial it certainly looks like a Panda driver. You
    could disable it by changing this value you listed to 4 rather than 3 ...

    Start REG_DWORD 0x00000003 (3)

    --
    Jon


    "Battle Geek" <Battle.Geek.3ygxjc@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message
    news:Battle.Geek.3ygxjc@DoNotSpam.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > I've been being plagued by this critter for a while now, whenever I'm
    > playing Warcraft I'll get a random Blue Screen of Death, message
    > something to the effect of:
    >
    > PavTPK.sys
    > PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
    >
    > I emailed Panda tech support and they said it is not part of their
    > product, though they did link a hotfix, it doesn't run on Vista and I
    > didn't get a return email.
    > Here's what I found after a lot of digging
    >
    > FILES
    >
    > NTBLOG
    >
    > Loaded driver ??C:Windowssystem32PavTPK.sys
    >
    >
    >
    > SETUPAPI.APP.OLD
    ><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro--><!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    >>>> [Build Driver List - ROOTLEGACY_PAVTPK.SYS000]
    >>>> Section start 2009/06/17 07:45:18.314<!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > cmd: "C:Windowssystem32sigverif.exe"
    > dvi: Unable to retrieve InfPath - likely no driver installed
    > <<< Section end 2009/06/17 07:45:18.314
    > <<< [Exit status: SUCCESS]
    >
    >
    >
    > SIGVERIF
    >
    > Unscanned Files:
    > ------------------
    > [c:windowsc:windowssystem32]
    > pavtpk.sys The directory name is invalid.
    >
    >
    >
    > UNINSTAL
    >
    > SharedDelValues
    >
    > Key27=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetServicesPavTPK.sys
    >
    > Key45=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetServicesPavTPK.sys
    >
    >
    >
    > REGISTRY KEYS (FOLLOWING THE TRAIL FROM THE "UNINSTAL" FILE)
    >
    > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetServicesPavTPK.sys
    > (Default) REG_SZ (Value not set)
    > DisplayName REG_SZ PavTPK.sys
    > ErrorControl REG_DWORD 0x00000000 (0)
    > ImagePath REG_EXPAND_SZ
    > C:WindowsSystem32C:Windowssystem32PavTPK.sys
    > Start REG_DWORD 0x00000003 (3)
    > Type REG_DWORD 0x00000001 (1)
    > WOW64 REG_DWORD 0x00000001 (1)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > HEKY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMControlSet001EnumRootLEGACY_PAVTPK.SYS000
    >
    > (Default) REG_SZ (Value not set)
    > NextInstance REG_DWORD 0x00000001 (1)
    >
    >
    >
    > Google has not been very helpful with this problem, it seems to me that
    > some piece of Malware pretending to be part of Panda Antivirus is
    > planting hard to find, but badly programmed files that are causing page
    > faults. At this point all I want to know is, how do I kill this thing?
    > The internet lacks the language for me to correctly express my rage at
    > being blue-screened while gaming
    >
    >
    > --
    > Battle Geek
    > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > Battle Geek's Profile:
    > View this thread:

    >
    >

    > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     

Share This Page