1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Parental controls + Admin privs + newbie = Help Me!

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Saga, Sep 2, 2009.

  1. Saga

    Saga Guest

    Hello all. I need your kind help in helping a friend who is across the
    country. I do not have Vista in my computer, so helping her has become
    somewhat difficult.



    She bought the computer a few months ago and started to tinker with Vista to
    become more familiar with it. Somehow she got into the user accounts,
    created 3 more accounts and accidentally set the parental controls. She now
    cannot visit some web sites because of this block. When she went back to the
    Parental Controls, she could not get in because Vista told her that she
    needed Administrator privileges.



    I told her to login as Admin and fix that, but she did not have the Admin
    account visible After Googling I gave her instructions on how to activate
    the Admin account by opening the command prompt using Ctrl-Shift-Enter then
    giving the net use Administrator /activate:yes (paraphrasing, forgive if
    syntax is incorrect). She tells me that the Admin account is still not
    visible and she can't login this way. I also gave her instructions to Right
    click Computer, select Manage then select Users and Groups, but she
    mentioned that she did not have that option available.



    What can I tell her so that she can get into Parental Controls and disable
    it for her account or how to login as Administrator? I told her to click the
    start button, type in user accounts in the search box and to press
    Ctrl-Shift-Enter, but I am not sure if this will work. Any orientation will
    be appreciated! Thanks, Saga
     

Share This Page