1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Need help with group chat in Skype

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Tkay, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Tkay

Tkay

Operating System:
    Windows 10
    Hey everyone,

I’m new to the forum and hope that I can find some help in here. I’ve been looking at tutorials online and I haven’t found anything that answers my questions so far.

i’m setting up a group chat for my Bible study. We ran a test last night and it worked pretty well but there were some problems. These are the issues that I hope you can help me with.

First, everyone showed up in different size windows in a haphazard way. I know that in zoom you can toggle between speaker view or grid view which is nice, but I haven’t found anything in Skype like that, at least when the chat is in progress. I think I saw somewhere an option in Skype before you start the chat, but I don’t know whether that changes everyone’s views or just my own. And is there any way to change the display during a chat?

Second, my desktop seem to be lagging a lot. It is an older machine that a friend let me have and it usually works pretty well, but I’m wondering if it’s a little overburdened when we have three or four people chatting. I’m thinking of using my iPhone X instead which I know Has a much faster processor, but was hoping to use the desktop, simply because there is more real estate on the screen.

Third, I was able to see one of our older members when I invited her and worked with her individually, but when I had everyone sign off and then rang up the group, her voice came in but not her video although the other members could see her. This is a real head scratcher.

Also when I rang the group, one of the members did not get a ring.

Finally some general questions: Besides ringing up the group each time we meet, can individual members get to the chat just by clicking the original invitation that I sent? And when I invite more individuals to the group over time are they included in the group when I ring the group up next time?

I know this is a lot of questions, but if any of you can help with any of them or just one of them, that would be great.

Thanks for being here. Keep well and safe!

TK

2. Tony D

Tony D Administrator Administrator

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
  3. Rustys

Rustys Registered Members

Operating System:
    Linux Based
    Computer Brand or Motherboard:
    Compaq H3900 (Windows 2002)
    CPU:
    Intel (R) PXA250
    Memory:
    64 MB RAM 48 MB ROM
    Hard Drive:
    Yes
    Graphics Card:
    4 D
    Power Supply:
    Solar
    I have not used Skype in years since it has become to intrusive.

Some things that I do remember is that there are different features if you use the store application in Windows 10 compared to the Download for the Skype site. Even the web based and mobile Skype have their limits.

Skype has always had those issue.

Things to keep in mind that with everyone spending more time online that will cause the system to be bogged down.