1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Multiple problems

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by RayL, Sep 1, 2009.

  1. RayL

    RayL Guest

    Hi,
    I just have a Vista 64 bit home premium that I got 3 weeks back. Lately
    it has been having problems. One thing was that the computer would
    randomly have BSODs with the error of 0x07e (I think, then again it
    might be part of the error number, not sure)
    In addition, I tried having the computer fix the errors by itself and
    it couldnt, later on I found that the security processor loading driver
    was not working. I tried to restart Vista with the installation disc,
    but what happened was that a BCD error came out with the numbers
    0xc000014c

    I'd really appreciate it if someone can help me with this problem :zip:


    --
    RayL
     
  2. Saucy

    Saucy Guest

    FOr a :zip: answer I can't really help you, expect to make some suggestions:

    If you search engine the STOP error number, the results show that typically
    there could be a BIOS problem, a video driver problem, or the corruption of
    a service:

    [How to troubleshoot a Stop 0x0000007E error in Windows XP - Microsoft]


    I'd make sure the BIOS was set to the defaults - especially if you've
    overclocked - and then see what happens when booting from the installation
    disc.

    So, resolving these things can be a process of elimination:

    Stop overclocking if you are overclocking. Is the BIOS set right? Is it some
    startup program or configuration causing the problem? Has new software or a
    new driver been installed? Has anything else changed? Have you scanned for
    malware? Is the hardware OK with all riser cards firmly seated and all
    cables and cords firmly plugged in? Is the RAM memory OK (to check look up
    memtest86)? And so on.

    And don't forget System Restore neither!

    Saucy


    "RayL" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
    news:61c94af2ecc0291ac3aa1060c2dcdd1a@nntp-gateway.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > Hi,
    > I just have a Vista 64 bit home premium that I got 3 weeks back. Lately
    > it has been having problems. One thing was that the computer would
    > randomly have BSODs with the error of 0x07e (I think, then again it
    > might be part of the error number, not sure)
    > In addition, I tried having the computer fix the errors by itself and
    > it couldnt, later on I found that the security processor loading driver
    > was not working. I tried to restart Vista with the installation disc,
    > but what happened was that a BCD error came out with the numbers
    > 0xc000014c
    >
    > I'd really appreciate it if someone can help me with this problem :zip:
    >
    >
    > --
    > RayL <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  3. RayL

    RayL Guest

    Right now the BCD error is preventing me from doing anything [​IMG]
    I ran a virus check last night - no virus detected
    The BIOs should be at default and not its not overclocked either


    --
    RayL
     
  4. Dave-UK

    Dave-UK Guest

    "RayL" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message news:61c94af2ecc0291ac3aa1060c2dcdd1a@nntp-gateway.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > Hi,
    > I just have a Vista 64 bit home premium that I got 3 weeks back. Lately
    > it has been having problems. One thing was that the computer would
    > randomly have BSODs with the error of 0x07e (I think, then again it
    > might be part of the error number, not sure)
    > In addition, I tried having the computer fix the errors by itself and
    > it couldnt, later on I found that the security processor loading driver
    > was not working. I tried to restart Vista with the installation disc,
    > but what happened was that a BCD error came out with the numbers
    > 0xc000014c
    >
    > I'd really appreciate it if someone can help me with this problem :zip:
    >
    >
    > --
    > RayL<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Some people in this group have reported that a recent Vista update
    causes a BSOD with that error number, 0x07e on Dell computers.
    The update is KB973879 and it went out on 25/8/09.
     
  5. Saucy

    Saucy Guest

    My answer was :zippier: lol

    but he will probably have more success with yours, 'hope so anyway.

    Saucy


    "Dave-UK" <here@home.com> wrote in message
    news:OOK4WKyKKHA.4004@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > "RayL" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
    > news:61c94af2ecc0291ac3aa1060c2dcdd1a@nntp-gateway.com...<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >>
    >> Hi,
    >> I just have a Vista 64 bit home premium that I got 3 weeks back. Lately
    >> it has been having problems. One thing was that the computer would
    >> randomly have BSODs with the error of 0x07e (I think, then again it
    >> might be part of the error number, not sure)
    >> In addition, I tried having the computer fix the errors by itself and
    >> it couldnt, later on I found that the security processor loading driver
    >> was not working. I tried to restart Vista with the installation disc,
    >> but what happened was that a BCD error came out with the numbers
    >> 0xc000014c
    >>
    >> I'd really appreciate it if someone can help me with this problem :zip:
    >>
    >>
    >> --
    >> RayL<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    > Some people in this group have reported that a recent Vista update
    > causes a BSOD with that error number, 0x07e on Dell computers.
    > The update is KB973879 and it went out on 25/8/09.
    >
    >
    >
    > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  6. RayL

    RayL Guest

    Thanks on the BSOD issue, but I still have the BCD error (Boot
    Configuration Data) when trying to turn on the computer. Anyone know a
    fix to this?


    --
    RayL
     
  7. Dave-UK

    Dave-UK Guest

    "RayL" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message news:08ffe27f5ce41205bb6655656d68e7a2@nntp-gateway.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > Thanks on the BSOD issue, but I still have the BCD error (Boot
    > Configuration Data) when trying to turn on the computer. Anyone know a
    > fix to this?
    >
    >
    > --
    > RayL<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Have a look at this page:
     
  8. RayL

    RayL Guest

    That doesn't seem to work for me -
    when it gets to this step:
    Press a key when the message indicating "Press any key to boot from CD
    or DVD …". appears.
    I dont get that message and instead I get the error. I tried pressing
    f12 for the computer to boot from the installation disk, but everytime I
    try the computer doesnt respond and goes right to the error


    --
    RayL
     
  9. Here's what RayL wrote on 9/01/09:<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > That doesn't seem to work for me -
    > when it gets to this step:
    > Press a key when the message indicating "Press any key to boot from CD
    > or DVD ...". appears.
    > I dont get that message and instead I get the error. I tried pressing
    > f12 for the computer to boot from the installation disk, but everytime I
    > try the computer doesnt respond and goes right to the error<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Go into your BIOS and set its boot sequence so that CD is present and
    ahead of the hard drive.

    On my computer I can press Esc and get into a BIOS boot menu for a
    one-time use; maybe you can do that.

    If your computer is new, can't you get warranty support? Although if it
    is only the Windows update problem, maybe you should ignore that idea
    :)

    --
    Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com
     
  10. andy

    andy Guest

    On Tue, 1 Sep 2009 23:53:06 -0500, RayL <guest@unknown-email.com>
    wrote:
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    >That doesn't seem to work for me -
    >when it gets to this step:
    >Press a key when the message indicating "Press any key to boot from CD
    >or DVD …". appears.
    >I dont get that message and instead I get the error. I tried pressing
    >f12 for the computer to boot from the installation disk, but everytime I
    >try the computer doesnt respond and goes right to the error<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    The "Press any key ..." message appears only if there's a DVD in the
    optical drive, and the motherboard boots from the DVD.
    A BCD error means that the motherboard attempted to boot from the hard
    drive, but bootmanager sees problems in the BCD. Try fixing it using
    Vista startup repair by booting from the DVD.
     
  11. RayL

    RayL Guest

    Alright, I fixed the problems thanks everyone [​IMG]
    Oh and one final thing - I did a sfc scan and it turned up with the
    tcpmon.ini as corrupt
    Is this an important file to have?


    --
    RayL
     
  12. webster72n

    webster72n Guest

    "RayL" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
    news:9a613b8d3a6894707bdf802fc810f699@nntp-gateway.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > Alright, I fixed the problems thanks everyone [​IMG]
    > Oh and one final thing - I did a sfc scan and it turned up with the
    > tcpmon.ini as corrupt
    > Is this an important file to have?<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    If you google for it you'll find that it is a driver agent update file.
    Un- and reinstalling your program is my suggestion, since it is corrupt.

    Harry.
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    >
    > --
    > RayL <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  13. Here's what RayL wrote on 9/03/09:<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Alright, I fixed the problems thanks everyone [​IMG]
    > Oh and one final thing - I did a sfc scan and it turned up with the
    > tcpmon.ini as corrupt
    > Is this an important file to have?<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    You're welcome. Will you repay the posters here by telling them what
    you did to fix the problem?

    --
    Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com
     
  14. RayL

    RayL Guest

    Sure, I managed to get to the boot options with f12(dunno why it didnt
    work every other previous time)
    Then I selected the Vista installation DVD as first to boot
    Afterwards I tried to use the system repair to fix, but it didnt fix so
    I used this:

    *Method 2: Rebuild BCD*
    *============================================*
    1. Put the Windows Vista installation disc in the disc drive, and then
    start the computer.
    2. Press a key when the message indicating "Press any key to boot from
    CD or DVD …". appears.
    3. Select a language, a time, a currency, and a keyboard or another
    input method, and then click Next.
    4. Click Repair your computer.
    5. Click the operating system that you want to repair, and then click
    Next.
    6. In the System Recovery Options dialog box, click Command Prompt.
    7. Type BOOTREC /FIXMBR, and then press ENTER.
    8. Type BOOTREC /FIXBOOT, and then press ENTER.
    9. Type BOOTREC /REBUILDBCD, and then press ENTER.
    (From '\Boot\BCD error'
    ())

    After the BCD was rebuilt I was able to use Vista and I installed the
    update KB973879

    That pretty much fixed everything for me [​IMG]

    And the tcpmon.ini is from
    Microsoft-Windows-Printing-StandardPortMonitor-TCPMonINI

    But I havent installed any printer or program that might use this, so
    where can I find to reinstall this?


    --
    RayL
     
  15. Here's what RayL wrote on 9/03/09:<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Sure, I managed to get to the boot options with f12(dunno why it didnt
    > work every other previous time)
    > Then I selected the Vista installation DVD as first to boot
    > Afterwards I tried to use the system repair to fix, but it didnt fix so
    > I used this:<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > *Method 2: Rebuild BCD*
    > *============================================*
    > 1. Put the Windows Vista installation disc in the disc drive, and then
    > start the computer.
    > 2. Press a key when the message indicating "Press any key to boot from
    > CD or DVD …". appears.
    > 3. Select a language, a time, a currency, and a keyboard or another
    > input method, and then click Next.
    > 4. Click Repair your computer.
    > 5. Click the operating system that you want to repair, and then click
    > Next.
    > 6. In the System Recovery Options dialog box, click Command Prompt.
    > 7. Type BOOTREC /FIXMBR, and then press ENTER.
    > 8. Type BOOTREC /FIXBOOT, and then press ENTER.
    > 9. Type BOOTREC /REBUILDBCD, and then press ENTER.
    > (From 'BootBCD error'
    > ())<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > After the BCD was rebuilt I was able to use Vista and I installed the
    > update KB973879 <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > That pretty much fixed everything for me [​IMG]<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > And the tcpmon.ini is from
    > Microsoft-Windows-Printing-StandardPortMonitor-TCPMonINI<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > But I havent installed any printer or program that might use this, so
    > where can I find to reinstall this?<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    For your last question. I don't know, so I suggest Googling or
    searching on Microsoft's site.

    Thanks for the informative post...It looks like you could provide help
    for others instead of needing to seek help here :)

    --
    Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com
     
  16. webster72n

    webster72n Guest

    "RayL" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
    news:fa0fdd2f5ff6d67be36a9d069850cdd5@nntp-gateway.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > Sure, I managed to get to the boot options with f12(dunno why it didnt
    > work every other previous time)
    > Then I selected the Vista installation DVD as first to boot
    > Afterwards I tried to use the system repair to fix, but it didnt fix so
    > I used this:
    >
    > *Method 2: Rebuild BCD*
    > *============================================*
    > 1. Put the Windows Vista installation disc in the disc drive, and then
    > start the computer.
    > 2. Press a key when the message indicating "Press any key to boot from
    > CD or DVD …". appears.
    > 3. Select a language, a time, a currency, and a keyboard or another
    > input method, and then click Next.
    > 4. Click Repair your computer.
    > 5. Click the operating system that you want to repair, and then click
    > Next.
    > 6. In the System Recovery Options dialog box, click Command Prompt.
    > 7. Type BOOTREC /FIXMBR, and then press ENTER.
    > 8. Type BOOTREC /FIXBOOT, and then press ENTER.
    > 9. Type BOOTREC /REBUILDBCD, and then press ENTER.
    > (From 'BootBCD error'
    > ())
    >
    > After the BCD was rebuilt I was able to use Vista and I installed the
    > update KB973879
    >
    > That pretty much fixed everything for me [​IMG]
    >
    > And the tcpmon.ini is from
    > Microsoft-Windows-Printing-StandardPortMonitor-TCPMonINI
    >
    > But I havent installed any printer or program that might use this, so
    > where can I find to reinstall this?<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Gene's suggestion leads you in the right direction.
    The best way probably would be Microsoft directly.
    I am sure you'll find what you are looking for.
    Best of luck,

    Harry.
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    >
    > --
    > RayL <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     

Share This Page