1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Mouse and Keyboard freeze at startup in Vista Ultimate 32

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by emantod, Jul 9, 2009.

  1. emantod

    emantod Guest

    Hi,

    I have been running a Vista Ultimate 32 SP 1 with 4G RAM for a year
    now.
    3 moths ago after a slew of updates from Vista, at start-up the Mose
    and Keyboard began freezing. It would happen at the initial boot almost
    every time.
    If I hard restarted the machine then it would boot normally and they
    would not freeze once the system is running though.
    I thought it may be the latest Nvidia graphic driver ( I have the
    GT9600 ) so I rolled back to the initial one which was working
    perfectly. I also updated to SP2.

    Now it keeps happening randomly. And it is infuriating!

    What is going on?

    Any help please?


    --
    emantod
     
  2. R. C. White

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, emantod.

    You didn't give us the most pertinent information: What make and model of
    mouse and keyboard?

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX
    rc@grandecom.net
    Microsoft Windows MVP
    Windows Live Mail 2009 (14.0.8064.0206) in Win7 Ultimate x64 RC 7100

    "emantod" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
    news:4adddb83c2f8402af0aee77ffc1b965e@nntp-gateway.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have been running a Vista Ultimate 32 SP 1 with 4G RAM for a year
    > now.
    > 3 moths ago after a slew of updates from Vista, at start-up the Mose
    > and Keyboard began freezing. It would happen at the initial boot almost
    > every time.
    > If I hard restarted the machine then it would boot normally and they
    > would not freeze once the system is running though.
    > I thought it may be the latest Nvidia graphic driver ( I have the
    > GT9600 ) so I rolled back to the initial one which was working
    > perfectly. I also updated to SP2.
    >
    > Now it keeps happening randomly. And it is infuriating!
    >
    > What is going on?
    >
    > Any help please?
    >
    >
    > --
    > emantod <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  3. emantod

    emantod Guest

    Hey RC

    It is a an USB apple pro keyboard and a USB wired Mini Optical 3DMouse.

    Thank you


    --
    emantod
     
  4. On Thu, 9 Jul 2009 16:45:12 -0500, emantod wrote:
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Hey RC
    >
    > It is a an USB apple pro keyboard and a USB wired Mini Optical 3DMouse.
    >
    > Thank you<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Maybe it's a conspiracy by Microsoft. (I'm really just kidding!)

    --
    Gene E. Bloch letters0x40blochg0x2Ecom
     
  5. emantod

    emantod Guest

    Finally got the hang of the FREEZE/HANGUP

    It disappeared once I kept the PS/2 keyboard plugged in as well as the
    USB keyboard. So now I run it with 2 keyboards.

    VERY WEIRD!!! VERY ANNOYING!!

    I don't think that VISTA recognizes USB keyboard on startup, unless you
    restart manually after the FREEZE.


    --
    emantod
     
  6. Here's what emantod wrote on 9/07/09:<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Finally got the hang of the FREEZE/HANGUP<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > It disappeared once I kept the PS/2 keyboard plugged in as well as the
    > USB keyboard. So now I run it with 2 keyboards.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > VERY WEIRD!!! VERY ANNOYING!!<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > I don't think that VISTA recognizes USB keyboard on startup, unless you
    > restart manually after the FREEZE.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Probably it's a setting in the BIOS, not in Windows...

    You would need the PS/2 keyboard to get to the BIOS :)

    In fact, that last sentence points to a test. If you can't use the USB
    keyboard's BIOS key to get to the BIOS screen, then the problem is
    definitely there and not in Windows.

    --
    Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com
     

Share This Page