1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Missing Drive Letters in My Computer & Explorer

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by darrensimz, Sep 11, 2009.

  1. darrensimz

    darrensimz Guest

    When I go into my computer I cannot see my drive letters, if I type in
    the drive letter I can then get to that drive
    :mad:

    Please help as this is very frustrating, I hate having to type in the
    letter of the drive that I wish to use


    --
    darrensimz
     
  2. Here's what darrensimz wrote on 9/11/09:<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > When I go into my computer I cannot see my drive letters, if I type in
    > the drive letter I can then get to that drive<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> mad:<!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Please help as this is very frustrating, I hate having to type in the
    > letter of the drive that I wish to use<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Open Computer, click on Organize, then choose Folder Options and the
    View tab. Scroll about halfway down in the Advanced settings window
    until you see "Show drive letters". Check the box and you should be
    happy.

    I have it set on one computer and clear on another, just for kicks.

    BTW, you don't have to see any drive letters to click on the drive
    name.

    --
    Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com
     
  3. darrensimz

    darrensimz Guest

    Gene E. Bloch;1133293 Wrote: <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Here's what darrensimz wrote on 9/11/09:> > > <!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro--><!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    > > > When I go into my computer I cannot see my drive letters, if I type<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > > in<!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    > > > the drive letter I can then get to that drive> > > > >
    > > > >> mad: > > > > > > > > >
    > > > Please help as this is very frustrating, I hate having to type in the
    > > > letter of the drive that I wish to use > > Open Computer, click on Organize, then choose Folder Options and the<!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > View tab. Scroll about halfway down in the Advanced settings window
    > until you see "Show drive letters". Check the box and you should be
    > happy.
    >
    > I have it set on one computer and clear on another, just for kicks.
    >
    > BTW, you don't have to see any drive letters to click on the drive
    > name.
    >
    > --
    > Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Sorry I should have stated the drive name

    The option that you suggested is checked, but still no luck

    Thank you


    --
    darrensimz
     
  4. Here's what darrensimz wrote on 9/11/09:<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Gene E. Bloch;1133293 Wrote: <!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> Here's what darrensimz wrote on 9/11/09:> > > <!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    >>>> When I go into my computer I cannot see my drive letters, if I type in
    >>>> the drive letter I can then get to that drive> > > > >
    >>>>>> mad: > > > > > > > > >
    >>>> Please help as this is very frustrating, I hate having to type in the
    >>>> letter of the drive that I wish to use > > Open Computer, click on
    >>>> Organize, then choose Folder Options and the<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >> View tab. Scroll about halfway down in the Advanced settings window
    >> until you see "Show drive letters". Check the box and you should be
    >> happy.
    >>
    >> I have it set on one computer and clear on another, just for kicks.
    >>
    >> BTW, you don't have to see any drive letters to click on the drive
    >> name.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com<!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Sorry I should have stated the drive name<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > The option that you suggested is checked, but still no luck<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Thank you<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    OK, then there's apparently a bug. Wish I could help, sorry I can't :-(

    --
    Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com
     
  5. Uwe Sieber

    Uwe Sieber Guest

    darrensimz wrote:<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > When I go into my computer I cannot see my drive letters, if I type in
    > the drive letter I can then get to that drive
    > :mad:
    >
    > Please help as this is very frustrating, I hate having to type in the
    > letter of the drive that I wish to use<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Maybe the letters have been hidden by an 'optimization tool'...



    Uwe
     

Share This Page