1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Maximising from shortcut

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Amos Keeto, Sep 2, 2009.

  1. Amos Keeto

    Amos Keeto Guest

    When I open the BBC site from its shortcut on my desktop, generally I need to
    maximise it to fill the screen. I have looked in the shortcut's properties
    and there is no option I can see to maximise it as a setting so that it will
    be full-size each time I use it.

    Could anyone advise me how I could do this?

    Thank you.
     
  2. Peter Foldes

    Peter Foldes Guest

    IE in Taskbar and Properties\General and select the Run box to show maximized

    --
    Peter

    Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
    Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.

    "Amos Keeto" <AmosKeeto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    news:DF200155-7F50-44F5-B2DB-CBD3BE7F557F@microsoft.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > When I open the BBC site from its shortcut on my desktop, generally I need to
    > maximise it to fill the screen. I have looked in the shortcut's properties
    > and there is no option I can see to maximise it as a setting so that it will
    > be full-size each time I use it.
    >
    > Could anyone advise me how I could do this?
    >
    > Thank you. <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  3. whs

    whs Guest

    Press ALT+Spacebar+X. That will maximize it. Supposedly there are ways
    to make a permanent setting - I tried them and they did not work. This
    is one method that seems to work for some people: "Open Windows Explorer
    and keep hold of Shift or CTRL and double click on the icon located top
    left. This should hopefully set the default window size".


    --
    whs
     
  4. Amos Keeto

    Amos Keeto Guest

    Hello Peter,

    Thank you for your very quick reply. I have done what you suggested but it
    doesn't work in this instance.

    I have two IE8 shortcuts - one on the desktop for the missus, and one on the
    taskbar and I have made sure that both show maximised, then I checked Apply
    and OK.

    The BBC page still comes up less than full size.

    I went round the board on my desktop, checked all the shortcuts and the BBC
    one is a bit of a one-off. It is the only one that does not have the choices
    of size in Properties/shortcut/run like the others have. Why? I haven't a
    clue.

    Regards,

    Amos.


    "Peter Foldes" wrote:
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > IE in Taskbar and PropertiesGeneral and select the Run box to show maximized
    >
    > --
    > Peter
    >
    > Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
    > Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.
    >
    > "Amos Keeto" <AmosKeeto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > news:DF200155-7F50-44F5-B2DB-CBD3BE7F557F@microsoft.com...<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    > > When I open the BBC site from its shortcut on my desktop, generally I need to
    > > maximise it to fill the screen. I have looked in the shortcut's properties
    > > and there is no option I can see to maximise it as a setting so that it will
    > > be full-size each time I use it.
    > >
    > > Could anyone advise me how I could do this?
    > >
    > > Thank you. <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  5. Peter Foldes

    Peter Foldes Guest

    Then grab the corner with your mouse and stretch it out to your liking

    --
    Peter

    Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
    Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.

    "Amos Keeto" <AmosKeeto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    news:EE17A194-6B1D-4E2F-82AC-EC03CD4BE9B2@microsoft.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Hello Peter,
    >
    > Thank you for your very quick reply. I have done what you suggested but it
    > doesn't work in this instance.
    >
    > I have two IE8 shortcuts - one on the desktop for the missus, and one on the
    > taskbar and I have made sure that both show maximised, then I checked Apply
    > and OK.
    >
    > The BBC page still comes up less than full size.
    >
    > I went round the board on my desktop, checked all the shortcuts and the BBC
    > one is a bit of a one-off. It is the only one that does not have the choices
    > of size in Properties/shortcut/run like the others have. Why? I haven't a
    > clue.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Amos.
    >
    >
    > "Peter Foldes" wrote:
    ><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> IE in Taskbar and PropertiesGeneral and select the Run box to show maximized
    >>
    >> --
    >> Peter
    >>
    >> Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
    >> Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.
    >>
    >> "Amos Keeto" <AmosKeeto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> news:DF200155-7F50-44F5-B2DB-CBD3BE7F557F@microsoft.com...<!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    >> > When I open the BBC site from its shortcut on my desktop, generally I need to
    >> > maximise it to fill the screen. I have looked in the shortcut's properties
    >> > and there is no option I can see to maximise it as a setting so that it will
    >> > be full-size each time I use it.
    >> >
    >> > Could anyone advise me how I could do this?
    >> >
    >> > Thank you.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >>
    >> <!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     

Share This Page