1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

magnifying glass

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by KRK, Sep 4, 2009.

  1. KRK

    KRK Guest

    Hello,

    I sometimes find the small print on my pc screen difficult to read (I'm
    getting old). Is there a magnifying glass tool anywhere that I can drag
    around across the screen to magnify the bits of text I want to read ?

    Thanks

    K
     
  2. Dave-UK

    Dave-UK Guest

    "KRK" <trebor@yeleek.nospam.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:uj9F9WVLKHA.5992@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Hello,
    >
    > I sometimes find the small print on my pc screen difficult to read (I'm
    > getting old). Is there a magnifying glass tool anywhere that I can drag
    > around across the screen to magnify the bits of text I want to read ?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > K
    ><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Start > Help and Support > Type " magnify " into search box.
     
  3. KRK

    KRK Guest

    Re: magnifying glass - Thanks

    This is rather good, thanks for the help

    K

    "Dave-UK" <Here@home> wrote in message
    news:uPwJVeVLKHA.3228@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > "KRK" <trebor@yeleek.nospam.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
    > news:uj9F9WVLKHA.5992@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I sometimes find the small print on my pc screen difficult to read (I'm
    >> getting old). Is there a magnifying glass tool anywhere that I can drag
    >> around across the screen to magnify the bits of text I want to read ?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> K<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    > Start > Help and Support > Type " magnify " into search box.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  4. Re: magnifying glass - Thanks

    On Fri, 4 Sep 2009 13:47:24 +0100, "KRK"
    <trebor@yeleek.nospam.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > This is rather good, thanks for the help<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->



    Also bear in mind that many (but not all) applications (whether or not
    by Microsoft) follow the Windows standard of changing the size of the
    text you see by holding down the Ctrl key and scrolling the mouse
    wheel. One direction makes the text bigger, the other smaller.



    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > "Dave-UK" <Here@home> wrote in message
    > news:uPwJVeVLKHA.3228@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    > >
    > > "KRK" <trebor@yeleek.nospam.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > news:uj9F9WVLKHA.5992@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...<!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    > >> Hello,
    > >>
    > >> I sometimes find the small print on my pc screen difficult to read (I'm
    > >> getting old). Is there a magnifying glass tool anywhere that I can drag
    > >> around across the screen to magnify the bits of text I want to read ?
    > >>
    > >> Thanks
    > >>
    > >> K<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > >
    > > Start > Help and Support > Type " magnify " into search box.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    --
    Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
    Please Reply to the Newsgroup
     
  5. KRK

    KRK Guest

    Re: magnifying glass - follow up Q

    Hi,

    This is another feature of windows I didn't even know existed. I also see
    that shift_mousewheel goes back & forth between recent IE windows. Is there
    a list of these tricks anywhere ? it makes me realise how little I know

    Thanks again

    K

    "Ken Blake, MVP" <kblake@this.is.an.invalid.domain> wrote in message
    news:ls82a55vrra5gg5847sditlt92nr82uh6t@4ax.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > On Fri, 4 Sep 2009 13:47:24 +0100, "KRK"
    > <trebor@yeleek.nospam.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
    ><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> This is rather good, thanks for the help<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    >
    >
    > Also bear in mind that many (but not all) applications (whether or not
    > by Microsoft) follow the Windows standard of changing the size of the
    > text you see by holding down the Ctrl key and scrolling the mouse
    > wheel. One direction makes the text bigger, the other smaller.
    >
    >
    >
    ><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> "Dave-UK" <Here@home> wrote in message
    >> news:uPwJVeVLKHA.3228@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...<!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    >> >
    >> > "KRK" <trebor@yeleek.nospam.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> > news:uj9F9WVLKHA.5992@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
    >> >> Hello,
    >> >>
    >> >> I sometimes find the small print on my pc screen difficult to read
    >> >> (I'm
    >> >> getting old). Is there a magnifying glass tool anywhere that I can
    >> >> drag
    >> >> around across the screen to magnify the bits of text I want to read ?
    >> >>
    >> >> Thanks
    >> >>
    >> >> K
    >> >
    >> > Start > Help and Support > Type " magnify " into search box.
    >> >
    >> >
    >> >
    >> >
    >> ><!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    > --
    > Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
    > Please Reply to the Newsgroup <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  6. Re: magnifying glass - follow up Q

    On Sat, 5 Sep 2009 12:16:21 +0100, "KRK"
    <trebor@yeleek.nospam.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Hi,
    >
    > This is another feature of windows I didn't even know existed. I also see
    > that shift_mousewheel goes back & forth between recent IE windows.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->


    Personally, I have the mouse's wheel acting as a third button turned
    off, so I don't do things like that. If the mouse wheel also acts as a
    button, I find that I too often press it accidentally when scrolling.

    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Is there
    > a list of these tricks anywhere ? it makes me realise how little I know
    >
    > Thanks again<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->



    You're welcome. Glad to help. I'm sure there are web sites which list
    "tricks," but I don't frequent them and can't point you to one.
    Someone else will probably answer and provide you with a link or
    links.

    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > "Ken Blake, MVP" <kblake@this.is.an.invalid.domain> wrote in message
    > news:ls82a55vrra5gg5847sditlt92nr82uh6t@4ax.com...<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    > > On Fri, 4 Sep 2009 13:47:24 +0100, "KRK"
    > > <trebor@yeleek.nospam.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
    > ><!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    > >> This is rather good, thanks for the help<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Also bear in mind that many (but not all) applications (whether or not
    > > by Microsoft) follow the Windows standard of changing the size of the
    > > text you see by holding down the Ctrl key and scrolling the mouse
    > > wheel. One direction makes the text bigger, the other smaller.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > ><!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    > >> "Dave-UK" <Here@home> wrote in message
    > >> news:uPwJVeVLKHA.3228@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
    > >> >
    > >> > "KRK" <trebor@yeleek.nospam.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
    > >> > news:uj9F9WVLKHA.5992@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
    > >> >> Hello,
    > >> >>
    > >> >> I sometimes find the small print on my pc screen difficult to read
    > >> >> (I'm
    > >> >> getting old). Is there a magnifying glass tool anywhere that I can
    > >> >> drag
    > >> >> around across the screen to magnify the bits of text I want to read ?
    > >> >>
    > >> >> Thanks
    > >> >>
    > >> >> K
    > >> >
    > >> > Start > Help and Support > Type " magnify " into search box.
    > >> >
    > >> >
    > >> >
    > >> >
    > >> ><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > >
    > > --
    > > Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
    > > Please Reply to the Newsgroup <!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    --
    Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
    Please Reply to the Newsgroup
     
  7. Re: magnifying glass - follow up Q

    Hello K,

    Here are a few tips and tricks
    <http://www.windvis.com/tips-and-tricks>


    Ǝиçεl
    ◕‿◕
    -=-


    "KRK" wrote:
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Hi,
    >
    > This is another feature of windows I didn't even know existed. I also see
    > that shift_mousewheel goes back & forth between recent IE windows. Is there
    > a list of these tricks anywhere ? it makes me realise how little I know
    >
    > Thanks again
    >
    > K
    >
    > "Ken Blake, MVP" <kblake@this.is.an.invalid.domain> wrote in message
    > news:ls82a55vrra5gg5847sditlt92nr82uh6t@4ax.com...<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    > > On Fri, 4 Sep 2009 13:47:24 +0100, "KRK"
    > > <trebor@yeleek.nospam.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
    > ><!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    > >> This is rather good, thanks for the help<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Also bear in mind that many (but not all) applications (whether or not
    > > by Microsoft) follow the Windows standard of changing the size of the
    > > text you see by holding down the Ctrl key and scrolling the mouse
    > > wheel. One direction makes the text bigger, the other smaller.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > ><!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    > >> "Dave-UK" <Here@home> wrote in message
    > >> news:uPwJVeVLKHA.3228@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
    > >> >
    > >> > "KRK" <trebor@yeleek.nospam.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
    > >> > news:uj9F9WVLKHA.5992@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
    > >> >> Hello,
    > >> >>
    > >> >> I sometimes find the small print on my pc screen difficult to read
    > >> >> (I'm
    > >> >> getting old). Is there a magnifying glass tool anywhere that I can
    > >> >> drag
    > >> >> around across the screen to magnify the bits of text I want to read ?
    > >> >>
    > >> >> Thanks
    > >> >>
    > >> >> K
    > >> >
    > >> > Start > Help and Support > Type " magnify " into search box.
    > >> >
    > >> >
    > >> >
    > >> >
    > >> ><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > >
    > > --
    > > Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
    > > Please Reply to the Newsgroup <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     

Share This Page