1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

ITunes and VISTA64 problems

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Ritter197, Sep 1, 2009.

  1. Ritter197

    Ritter197 Guest

    I have I tunes on both the laptop with WindowsXP and on the
    newly acquired Desktop, HP Q 8200 with Vista 64.

    For the latter I have downloaded the latest recommended
    version for Vista64, but even though I can see the imported
    and saved ( on an external hard drive) play list I can not
    play them. When I click on them on this new Vista 64
    empowered Desktop, nothing happens.When I click on
    Beethoven folder ( which contains many creations by
    composer) I can see nothing in the right panel regarding
    the overture, for example.

    On the laptop I have exactly the same play list and all
    works fine there.

    Audio is OK, because when I go to the I-tunes store with
    the desktop, I can listen to the songs.

    Any solutions????
    --------------

    __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature
    database 4386 (20090901) __________

    The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.







    __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4386 (20090901) __________

    The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

     
  2. trouble

    trouble Guest

    Is your desktop authorized via your I tunes account to play the files on
    your external hard drive?
    The Apple web site will explain how to do this.
    It will not explain why because there is no rational explanation.
    If you bought music from I tunes that is copy protected you do not own that
    music, only the right to play it through I tunes as long as you are
    authorized by Apple to do so.
    There are ways to get rid of the copy protection, some even authorized by
    Apple.
    It is not clear which computer the external drive is attached to. Whichever
    one it is you have to grant full sharing rights through the OS, something
    easier to accomplish on XP than Vista, which is something wholly apart from
    Itunes authorization.
    What you want to do is possible, just not easy, to accomplish.
     

Share This Page