1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Alias a troll?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Neville the Novice, Oct 5, 2009.

  1. PencilState wrote:<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > "Van Chocstraw" <boobooililililil@roadrunner.com> wrote in message
    > news:WZidnX9fl5i8hlfXnZ2dnUVZ_u2dnZ2d@giganews.com...<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> Neville the Novice wrote:<!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    >>> Is Alias a well-known troll?
    >>>
    >>> I am new here and still learning so I would like some advice on how
    >>> to block someone such as Alias. So I need some advice on how to
    >>> block someone in microsoft.public.windows.vista.general.
    >>>
    >>> This is what I need to know and any help will be appreciated from
    >>> anybody:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> I am asking, how to Kill File someone in a Newsgroup.
    >>>
    >>> I was told this:
    >>>
    >>>> Select one of the person's messages, go to Message/Block sender.
    >>>> That is
    >>>> if Windows Mail is anything like Outlook Express.
    >>>
    >>> These are the questions I asked and still want answers to please:
    >>>
    >>> When you say 'Select one of the person's messages', do you mean just
    >>> highlight the first and main message in the thread? Or do you mean
    >>> that you
    >>> can choose any message of that person's?
    >>>
    >>> Do you have to open the the message you want or just highlight it?
    >>>
    >>> I tried this on a message, but nowhere could I see the words
    >>> 'Message/Block
    >>> sender' where would I find this?
    >>>
    >>> Once you have actually blocked a person, if that person starts a thread,
    >>> does it block the whole thread or only that person's messages?
    >>>
    >>> Also, if somebody else starts a thread and the person you blocked posts
    >>> within that thread, do you not see just his message, or the whole
    >>> thread?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks
    >>>
    >>> Nev
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >> In the header, right click on the "FROM" address and then select
    >> create filter. Select delete then ok. That's it.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    > That doesn't work like that in WLM.
    > The right click doesn't.
    >
    > But, if you actually double-click to open the message, you can select
    > from the menu Actions_create rule from message.
    >
    > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    Nobody knows how to write a rule. It's a stupid option.
     
  2. "Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    news:#qBPa4lRKHA.4020@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > "Neville the Novice" <nevillethenovice@help.invalid> wrote in message
    > news:O0TdW1lRKHA.220@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >>
    >> Secondly, what does OP and IMHO mean please?
    >><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    > OP means "Original Post or Poster" and IMHO means "In My Humble Opinion"<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Okay thanks for that. I see there is a lot of slang and shorthand such as
    initials to say typing out very long or phrases.

    I need to learn a lot to understand these short versions of the code. Are
    there many others?

    Nev
     
  3. Gordon

    Gordon Guest

    "Neville the Novice" <nevillethenovice@help.invalid> wrote in message
    news:#dpVJDnRKHA.4004@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    >
    > "Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > news:#qBPa4lRKHA.4020@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >>
    >> "Neville the Novice" <nevillethenovice@help.invalid> wrote in message
    >> news:O0TdW1lRKHA.220@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...<!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    >>>
    >>> Secondly, what does OP and IMHO mean please?
    >>><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >>
    >> OP means "Original Post or Poster" and IMHO means "In My Humble Opinion"<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    > Okay thanks for that. I see there is a lot of slang and shorthand such as
    > initials to say typing out very long or phrases.
    >
    > I need to learn a lot to understand these short versions of the code. Are
    > there many others?
    ><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Have a look here:

     
  4. Alias

    Alias Guest

    Allen wrote:<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > KristleBawl wrote:<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> Neville the Novice wrote:<!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    >>> So are you now saying it is best not to kill file anyone? I have
    >>> just kill filed Alias because you said he was troll.
    >>>
    >>> Sorry for being stupid, but can you tell me how to unkill file him so
    >>> I can get all the messages back please.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >>
    >> Alias *used to* reply to many requests for help by advocating Linux,
    >> instead of answering the question. On that basis, the other trolls
    >> that use MS Windows decided he was also a troll.
    >>
    >> Frank *used to* answer some questions, but now stalks Alias almost
    >> exclusively. Others seems to have adopted a similar pattern of
    >> ignoring the questions in order to dedicate their time to harass Alias.
    >>
    >> Alias has increased his value by answering your question and should
    >> not necessarily be killfiled. Frank's replies speak for themselves.
    >>
    >> Now, to Manage your blocked list.
    >>
    >> # In the upper-right corner of any Windows Live Mail page, click Options.
    >> # In the left pane, click Mail and junk e-mail.
    >> # Click Allowed and blocked senders.
    >> # Click Blocked senders to see your blocked senders list or click
    >> Allowed senders to see your allowed senders.
    >>
    >> You can edit or delete blocked senders in there.
    >><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > Why shouldn't Alias be a troll? After all, this ng is the major league
    > champion of trolldom--more trolls per square mile than any other ng that
    > I'm familiar with. Its usefulness has plummeted to almost zero.
    > Allen<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    And on the 22nd it will die an ignoble death.

    Alias
     
  5. Re: Of course alias is a troll...

    Frank wrote:<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > +Bob+ wrote:<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> On Mon, 05 Oct 2009 17:26:05 -0700, Frank <fb@amk.cmo> wrote:
    >><!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    >>> Sorry but there is honor in telling the TRUTH! If you don't like my
    >>> use of the vernacular, which does not conceal the truth, then try
    >>> kill file!<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >>
    >> Here's the truth: You're an overweight, odoriferous, obnoxious slob
    >> that no one likes. <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    > Projecting again bob, cause if that were true minkies would come flying
    > out of your dumb ass.
    > Oh and you're the one that nobody likes, you big mouthed fat slob.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    LOL
     

Share This Page