1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Intermittent freeze due hard disk reading

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by cocobongo, Sep 2, 2009.

  1. cocobongo

    cocobongo Guest

    Can somebody help me with the following issue?

    I'm using Vista Home Premium. Every 10 seconds my hard disk does
    something por half second that freezes my pc for the same period of
    time. If I'm moving the mouse, then the cursor gets stuck for half
    second. The biggest problem is that I use the computer to watch TV so
    the TV signal freezes every 10seconds which is very annoying.

    I disconnected the indexing service & I stopped the antivirus, but the
    problem is still there. I'm sure it is some sort of service running in
    the background.

    Thank you,


    --
    cocobongo
     
  2. Jon

    Jon Guest

    "cocobongo" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
    news:8ed1f65383bc221f3768d18f67dbdc5d@nntp-gateway.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > Can somebody help me with the following issue?
    >
    > I'm using Vista Home Premium. Every 10 seconds my hard disk does
    > something por half second that freezes my pc for the same period of
    > time. If I'm moving the mouse, then the cursor gets stuck for half
    > second. The biggest problem is that I use the computer to watch TV so
    > the TV signal freezes every 10seconds which is very annoying.
    >
    > I disconnected the indexing service & I stopped the antivirus, but the
    > problem is still there. I'm sure it is some sort of service running in
    > the background.
    >
    > Thank you,<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->



    Process monitor (free download) is a good tool for seeing what activity is
    going on in real time ...

    Process Monitor v2.6


    --
    Jon
     

Share This Page