1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

IE8 Problem

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by GodZilla, Sep 14, 2009.

  1. GodZilla

    GodZilla Guest

    Hi gang,
    Can anyone tell me how I can turn off 'Suggested Sites in IE8?

    I've just referred to Help and Support and it amazingly had a very
    simple solution in the 'Suggested Sites FAQ' - How to turn Suggested
    Sites On or Off. Gr8! I thought, only one problem though. Select Tools
    menu (good so far) then click Suggested Sites to turn on or off.
    Suggested Sites does not appear in the Tools menu!!

    Where is it???

    Thanx in advance
    Chris




    --
    GodZilla
     
  2. Gordon

    Gordon Guest

    "GodZilla" <GodZilla.4f3fad4@vistabanter.com> wrote in message
    news:GodZilla.4f3fad4@vistabanter.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > Hi gang,
    > Can anyone tell me how I can turn off 'Suggested Sites in IE8?
    >
    > I've just referred to Help and Support and it amazingly had a very
    > simple solution in the 'Suggested Sites FAQ' - How to turn Suggested
    > Sites On or Off. Gr8! I thought, only one problem though. Select Tools
    > menu (good so far) then click Suggested Sites to turn on or off.
    > Suggested Sites does not appear in the Tools menu!!
    >
    > Where is it???<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    In the Tools menu. At least it is here....
    that's the Tools menu to the right of the Tabs bar, NOT the Tools menu at
    the top of the window....
     
  3. Gordon

    Gordon Guest

    "Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    news:ubmmmIUNKHA.504@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > "GodZilla" <GodZilla.4f3fad4@vistabanter.com> wrote in message
    > news:GodZilla.4f3fad4@vistabanter.com...<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >>
    >> Hi gang,
    >> Can anyone tell me how I can turn off 'Suggested Sites in IE8?
    >>
    >> I've just referred to Help and Support and it amazingly had a very
    >> simple solution in the 'Suggested Sites FAQ' - How to turn Suggested
    >> Sites On or Off. Gr8! I thought, only one problem though. Select Tools
    >> menu (good so far) then click Suggested Sites to turn on or off.
    >> Suggested Sites does not appear in the Tools menu!!
    >>
    >> Where is it???<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    > In the Tools menu. At least it is here....
    > that's the Tools menu to the right of the Tabs bar, NOT the Tools menu at
    > the top of the window....
    >
    ><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    It's called the Command Bar. If you haven't got it, right-click on the grey
    area of any toolbar and choose the Command Bar...
     

Share This Page