1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

I want "date created" to always be visible!

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Greg555, Sep 6, 2009.

  1. Greg555

    Greg555 Guest

    Computers can do virtually anything but, why can't i do this simple
    task.
    In Vista home folder views we have columns for name, type, date
    modidied, date created and so on. We can choose which ones we want to be
    visible. I use the "date created" catagory quite often and I would like
    it to be always be visible in all my folders at all times.

    But I can't do it. Iv'e tried the procedure of configing the documents
    folder just like I want it. Then I go to folder options and click "apply
    to all folders" then I uncheck "remember each folders view settings".
    Then I check "remember each folders view setting". doing any of this
    doesnt help.
    I still look at the folders later and the "date created" column is
    missing again.

    Greg


    --
    Greg555
     
  2. John Inzer

    John Inzer Guest

    Greg555 wrote:<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Computers can do virtually anything but, why can't i do this simple
    > task.
    > In Vista home folder views we have columns for name, type, date
    > modidied, date created and so on. We can choose which ones we want to
    > be visible. I use the "date created" catagory quite often and I would
    > like it to be always be visible in all my folders at all times.
    >
    > But I can't do it. Iv'e tried the procedure of configing the documents
    > folder just like I want it. Then I go to folder options and click
    > "apply to all folders" then I uncheck "remember each folders view
    > settings". Then I check "remember each folders view setting". doing
    > any of this doesnt help.
    > I still look at the folders later and the "date created" column is
    > missing again.
    >
    > Greg<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    ==================================
    Maybe the following article would be worth a look:

    Windows Vista - How to Reset
    Windows Explorer Folder View
    Settings to Make Vista Remember

    or...

    (scroll down to 'Method Two')

    --

    J. Inzer MS-MVP
    Digital Media Experience

    Notice
    This is not tech support
    I am a volunteer

    Solutions that work for
    me may not work for you

    Proceed at your own risk
     
  3. Andy Huang

    Andy Huang Guest

    This is a special feature of Vista - it's WinExplorer forgets
    views/preferences.
    This was eprfect in WindowsXP if you remember - I for example, only use 2
    columns - filename & type.
    SOMETIMES I'd add size & date modfied, but sie I can see in status bar
    anyway, and datemodified...
    Anyways, I always sort files by type or name (sometimes date modified).
    And always use LIST view (sometimes Details), so stupid icons/thumnails
    garbage because I deal with tens of thousands files and icon view is really
    for children or "computer retards".

    Now comes Vista. It forgets things, it makes them slow, it's just garbage.
    So my friend, no way to fix it.
    The only solution is to get Windows7 as soon as it comes out because it's
    all fixed - Microsoft created Windows7 exactly for solving such problems
    with Vista.,
    Vista was a fisoco.

    And it forgeting columns/file sorting is just ONE of the many crappy issues
    with it, unlike professional WIndowsXP.
    Vista was meant for games and picture taking, music... silly nonprofessional
    OS>
     
  4. "Andy Huang" <anson198002@hotmail.com> a écrit dans le message de
    news:OTUEe%23wLKHA.1280@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > This is a special feature of Vista - it's WinExplorer forgets
    > views/preferences.
    > This was eprfect in WindowsXP if you remember - I for example, only use 2
    > columns - filename & type.
    > SOMETIMES I'd add size & date modfied, but sie I can see in status bar
    > anyway, and datemodified...
    > Anyways, I always sort files by type or name (sometimes date modified).
    > And always use LIST view (sometimes Details), so stupid icons/thumnails
    > garbage because I deal with tens of thousands files and icon view is
    > really for children or "computer retards".
    >
    > Now comes Vista. It forgets things, it makes them slow, it's just
    > garbage.
    > So my friend, no way to fix it.
    > The only solution is to get Windows7 as soon as it comes out because it's
    > all fixed - Microsoft created Windows7 exactly for solving such problems
    > with Vista.,
    > Vista was a fisoco.
    >
    > And it forgeting columns/file sorting is just ONE of the many crappy
    > issues with it, unlike professional WIndowsXP.
    > Vista was meant for games and picture taking, music... silly
    > nonprofessional OS><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Since Vista is so crappy, I would expect M$ to pay *me* for the time it
    takes to install their Windows 7 corrective.

    Having said that I don't see how, on the basis of past experience, anyone
    can possibly have confidence in Windows 7.

    Regards
     
  5. "Daddy Tadpole" <nobody@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message
    news:967031C4-99D0-491C-AD09-9AEF89464619@microsoft.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > "Andy Huang" <anson198002@hotmail.com> a écrit dans le message de
    > news:OTUEe%23wLKHA.1280@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> This is a special feature of Vista - it's WinExplorer forgets
    >> views/preferences.
    >> This was eprfect in WindowsXP if you remember - I for example, only use 2
    >> columns - filename & type.
    >> SOMETIMES I'd add size & date modfied, but sie I can see in status bar
    >> anyway, and datemodified...
    >> Anyways, I always sort files by type or name (sometimes date modified).
    >> And always use LIST view (sometimes Details), so stupid icons/thumnails
    >> garbage because I deal with tens of thousands files and icon view is
    >> really for children or "computer retards".
    >>
    >> Now comes Vista. It forgets things, it makes them slow, it's just
    >> garbage.
    >> So my friend, no way to fix it.
    >> The only solution is to get Windows7 as soon as it comes out because it's
    >> all fixed - Microsoft created Windows7 exactly for solving such problems
    >> with Vista.,
    >> Vista was a fisoco.
    >>
    >> And it forgeting columns/file sorting is just ONE of the many crappy
    >> issues with it, unlike professional WIndowsXP.
    >> Vista was meant for games and picture taking, music... silly
    >> nonprofessional OS><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    > Since Vista is so crappy, I would expect M$ to pay *me* for the time it
    > takes to install their Windows 7 corrective.
    >
    > Having said that I don't see how, on the basis of past experience, anyone
    > can possibly have confidence in Windows 7.
    >
    > Regards
    ><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->



    Millions of people who have been using Windows 7 since beta 1 have
    confidence in the operating system.

    I do!

    --

    Richard Urban
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows Desktop Experience
     
  6. Greg555

    Greg555 Guest

    Ok man! I got the page. And so far it looks like its working.
    Thanks.

    Greg


    --
    Greg555
     
  7. John Inzer

    John Inzer Guest

    Greg555 wrote:<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Ok man! I got the page. And so far it looks like its working.
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Greg<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    ===========================
    You're welcome.

    Thanks for the update.

    --

    J. Inzer MS-MVP
    Digital Media Experience

    Notice
    This is not tech support
    I am a volunteer

    Solutions that work for
    me may not work for you

    Proceed at your own risk
     

Share This Page