1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

I love Windows but sometimes I have to say nasty things

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Mr.Pancks, Sep 12, 2009.

  1. Mr.Pancks

    Mr.Pancks Guest

    Andy Huang wrote:
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > I use, will use and never betray Windows. It is superior, and I do NOT
    > want to waste a life on playing with Linux - its source codes & technical
    > issues on my work computer, because i have enough of such as an Engineer,
    > the last thing I want is to add more to my struggle by fighting with own
    > computer.
    >
    > But one thing disturbed me:
    > Amongst various parameters by which MS graded an Operating System in their
    > anti-Linux Training materials issued to BestBuy employees, was whether
    > Windows or Linux include games e.g. World of Wizard, or some other junk,
    > iPOD's/camera compatibility, VIDEO CHAT (!!!), and other utter nonsense
    > for a business/professional!
    >
    > SNIP<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    What's really bad is World of Warcraft is easy to run on Linux.

    Apparently no one at MS can use a linux box.
     
  2. Andy Huang

    Andy Huang Guest

    I use, will use and never betray Windows. It is superior, and I do NOT want
    to waste a life on playing with Linux - its source codes & technical issues
    on my work computer, because i have enough of such as an Engineer, the last
    thing I want is to add more to my struggle by fighting with own computer.

    But one thing disturbed me:
    Amongst various parameters by which MS graded an Operating System in their
    anti-Linux Training materials issued to BestBuy employees, was whether
    Windows or Linux include games e.g. World of Wizard, or some other junk,
    iPOD's/camera compatibility, VIDEO CHAT (!!!), and other utter nonsense for
    a business/professional!

    Are we becoming a nation of idiots?
    Do you realize how idiotic it looks to people whose IQ is above even a
    modest 100? Or to people abroad?
    Are they seriously grading Windows vs. Linux based on inclusion of World of
    Crafts, Wizard or whatever imbecile marketing/sales moron decided people
    need?

    Do you know what I do after each new Windows installation? I get myself
    Full COntrol permission and desotry all Games & Bloatware folders. I seek
    and destroy trash.
    TRASH TRASH TRASH
    And this is used to judge an Operating System?

    Shame on you sales cretin.

    I lved Windows, but when I saw that Microsoft's anti-Linux rant disseminated
    to Best Buy & other retailers workforce preparing to sell Windows7, I have
    to admit - the IQ level in Redmond is dropping.
    You can promote Windows, OK fine, every company promotes its product, but
    excuse me - don't compare Windows to Linux and say Window sis better because
    it has many games, shiny buttons, colors, plugins, video chat and other ways
    to waste time for Hip Hop generation whose IQ seems to be below room
    temperature... in Cendegrees!
     
  3. Canuck57

    Canuck57 Guest

    "Andy Huang" <anson198002@163.com> wrote in message
    news:%23ZWd1o8MKHA.1268@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >I use, will use and never betray Windows. It is superior, and I do NOT
    >want to waste a life on playing with Linux - its source codes & technical
    >issues on my work computer, because i have enough of such as an Engineer,
    >the last thing I want is to add more to my struggle by fighting with own
    >computer.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    That is old. Many people run Linux without ever code bashing. In fact I am
    a technical user and adept at code bashing and distros like Ubuntu, I
    haven't code based for 4 years.

    If Microsoft released code there would be code bashing and more. But unlike
    Linux, Micro$oft doesn't give you the options. Ever read the EULA for both?
    Clearly, Linux gives you far more rights and the waranty is exactly the same
    for both, none.
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > But one thing disturbed me:
    > Amongst various parameters by which MS graded an Operating System in their
    > anti-Linux Training materials issued to BestBuy employees, was whether
    > Windows or Linux include games e.g. World of Wizard, or some other junk,
    > iPOD's/camera compatibility, VIDEO CHAT (!!!), and other utter nonsense
    > for a business/professional!<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    When I hit this, and it indeed doesn't exist I reply "X-Windows for men,
    M$-Windows for boys". I usually wait until 3 or more of them are in
    earshot, at least one of them usually gets it.
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Are we becoming a nation of idiots?<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Einstein said it best, "The two things that are infinite is human stupidity
    and the size of the universe" and he wasn't sure of the later.

    Human nature, even in large groups can be stupid. Look at the history book,
    lots of examples.
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Do you know what I do after each new Windows installation? I get myself
    > Full COntrol permission and desotry all Games & Bloatware folders. I seek
    > and destroy trash.
    > TRASH TRASH TRASH
    > And this is used to judge an Operating System?<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Yes, and what a pita. 15 reboots of patches and software cleanup later you
    get a half usable system that isn't cluttered with nags and adware.

    OpenOffice, first thing I load.
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > I lved Windows, but when I saw that Microsoft's anti-Linux rant
    > disseminated to Best Buy & other retailers workforce preparing to sell
    > Windows7, I have to admit - the IQ level in Redmond is dropping.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    The best part about Win 7 is Vista machines, otherwise good machiens will be
    on sale.

    Good time to buy one to load with Linux.
     
  4. Canuck57

    Canuck57 Guest

    "Mr.Pancks" <pancks@bleedingheart.yard> wrote in message
    news:4aabd5ea@news.x-privat.org...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Andy Huang wrote:
    ><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> I use, will use and never betray Windows. It is superior, and I do NOT
    >> want to waste a life on playing with Linux - its source codes & technical
    >> issues on my work computer, because i have enough of such as an Engineer,
    >> the last thing I want is to add more to my struggle by fighting with own
    >> computer.
    >>
    >> But one thing disturbed me:
    >> Amongst various parameters by which MS graded an Operating System in
    >> their
    >> anti-Linux Training materials issued to BestBuy employees, was whether
    >> Windows or Linux include games e.g. World of Wizard, or some other junk,
    >> iPOD's/camera compatibility, VIDEO CHAT (!!!), and other utter nonsense
    >> for a business/professional!
    >>
    >> SNIP<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    > What's really bad is World of Warcraft is easy to run on Linux.
    >
    > Apparently no one at MS can use a linux box.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Not entirely true. A Microsoft sales biggot visited us and was doing the
    usual open source bashing. So infront of the CFO and a room full of
    influence I demo'ed how open source BSD was keeping Windows safe. Needless
    to say the sales bigot was cracking jokes.

    So I said I bet you run more Linux and open source than Microsoft OSes! He
    said no way. I asked him what wireless router, TV DVD/DVR he used and what
    cell phome he used. I also asked how many PCs he had at home. He stated
    one he carries for work and one for the family.

    So I pulled up google and with one search showed he had 3 instances of Linux
    to his two claimed instances of M$-Windows. He was very red faced and quiet
    there after.

    CFO even made some good comments saying he got a hell of a deal with that
    barganing chip and even made open source OK, 1/2 use OpenOffice.... [​IMG]
     
  5. Saucy

    Saucy Guest

    INLINE:


    "Canuck57" <fred@nospam.com> wrote in message
    news:uqSqm.427180$Ta5.354128@newsfe15.iad...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > "Andy Huang" <anson198002@163.com> wrote in message
    > news:%23ZWd1o8MKHA.1268@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
    ><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >>I use, will use and never betray Windows. It is superior, and I do NOT
    >>want to waste a life on playing with Linux - its source codes & technical
    >>issues on my work computer, because i have enough of such as an Engineer,
    >>the last thing I want is to add more to my struggle by fighting with own
    >>computer.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    > That is old. Many people run Linux without ever code bashing. In fact I
    > am a technical user and adept at code bashing and distros like Ubuntu, I
    > haven't code based for 4 years.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->


    You must have been so good at it too!

    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > If Microsoft released code there would be code bashing and more. But
    > unlike Linux, Micro$oft doesn't give you the options. Ever read the EULA
    > for both? Clearly, Linux gives you far more rights and the waranty is
    > exactly the same for both, none.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->


    Cough. Of course the Linux license not red communism: you have every right
    except the right to make a profit, I'm sure.

    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro--><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> But one thing disturbed me:
    >> Amongst various parameters by which MS graded an Operating System in
    >> their anti-Linux Training materials issued to BestBuy employees, was
    >> whether Windows or Linux include games e.g. World of Wizard, or some
    >> other junk, iPOD's/camera compatibility, VIDEO CHAT (!!!), and other
    >> utter nonsense for a business/professional!<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    > When I hit this, and it indeed doesn't exist I reply "X-Windows for men,
    > M$-Windows for boys". I usually wait until 3 or more of them are in
    > earshot, at least one of them usually gets it.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->


    Why so .. Linux is the toy OS here.

    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro--><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> Are we becoming a nation of idiots?<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    > Einstein said it best, "The two things that are infinite is human
    > stupidity and the size of the universe" and he wasn't sure of the later.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->


    Yeah, well he was a Jew in Germany so .. you know .. but people are
    basically intelligent especially if one expects intelligence from them.

    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Human nature, even in large groups can be stupid. Look at the history
    > book, lots of examples.
    ><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> Do you know what I do after each new Windows installation? I get myself
    >> Full COntrol permission and desotry all Games & Bloatware folders. I
    >> seek and destroy trash.
    >> TRASH TRASH TRASH
    >> And this is used to judge an Operating System?<!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->


    Clean install a generic copy and you will enjoy Windows a lot more.

    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Yes, and what a pita. 15 reboots of patches and software cleanup later
    > you get a half usable system that isn't cluttered with nags and adware.
    >
    > OpenOffice, first thing I load.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->


    Sometimes an old Windows 98 style interface is adequate.

    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro--><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> I lved Windows, but when I saw that Microsoft's anti-Linux rant
    >> disseminated to Best Buy & other retailers workforce preparing to sell
    >> Windows7, I have to admit - the IQ level in Redmond is dropping.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->


    Doubt it! They are a smart bunch. Yes, they worry about the competition, but
    their work is excellent.

    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > The best part about Win 7 is Vista machines, otherwise good machiens will
    > be on sale.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->


    Hm, yes, Windows 7 performs better on the same hardware than Windows Vista.

    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Good time to buy one to load with Linux.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->


    Why waste good hardware? Get an OS that works: Windows 7 Professional


    Saucy
     
  6. Andy Huang

    Andy Huang Guest

    Einstein was Jewish. But my Arab classmate insisted he was German, and
    Jesus was Muslim.
     
  7. And, I Just Sent A Complaint About You 2 Abuse@Verizon.Net (Your ISP), Just
    FYI!

    "Andy Huang" <anson198002@163.com> wrote in message
    news:%23ZWd1o8MKHA.1268@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >I use, will use and never betray Windows. It is superior, and I do NOT
    >want to waste a life on playing with Linux - its source codes & technical
    >issues on my work computer, because i have enough of such as an Engineer,
    >the last thing I want is to add more to my struggle by fighting with own
    >computer.
    >
    > But one thing disturbed me:
    > Amongst various parameters by which MS graded an Operating System in their
    > anti-Linux Training materials issued to BestBuy employees, was whether
    > Windows or Linux include games e.g. World of Wizard, or some other junk,
    > iPOD's/camera compatibility, VIDEO CHAT (!!!), and other utter nonsense
    > for a business/professional!
    >
    > Are we becoming a nation of idiots?
    > Do you realize how idiotic it looks to people whose IQ is above even a
    > modest 100? Or to people abroad?
    > Are they seriously grading Windows vs. Linux based on inclusion of World
    > of Crafts, Wizard or whatever imbecile marketing/sales moron decided
    > people need?
    >
    > Do you know what I do after each new Windows installation? I get myself
    > Full COntrol permission and desotry all Games & Bloatware folders. I seek
    > and destroy trash.
    > TRASH TRASH TRASH
    > And this is used to judge an Operating System?
    >
    > Shame on you sales cretin.
    >
    > I lved Windows, but when I saw that Microsoft's anti-Linux rant
    > disseminated to Best Buy & other retailers workforce preparing to sell
    > Windows7, I have to admit - the IQ level in Redmond is dropping.
    > You can promote Windows, OK fine, every company promotes its product, but
    > excuse me - don't compare Windows to Linux and say Window sis better
    > because it has many games, shiny buttons, colors, plugins, video chat and
    > other ways to waste time for Hip Hop generation whose IQ seems to be below
    > room temperature... in Cendegrees! <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  8. By The Way, You Should Re-Format Your Computer And Install Open Source Linux
    Ubuntu 9.04, RTW!

    <kevpan815@gmail.com> wrote in message
    news:eY7Yx7%23MKHA.1796@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > And, I Just Sent A Complaint About You 2 Abuse@Verizon.Net (Your ISP),
    > Just FYI!
    >
    > "Andy Huang" <anson198002@163.com> wrote in message
    > news:%23ZWd1o8MKHA.1268@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >>I use, will use and never betray Windows. It is superior, and I do NOT
    >>want to waste a life on playing with Linux - its source codes & technical
    >>issues on my work computer, because i have enough of such as an Engineer,
    >>the last thing I want is to add more to my struggle by fighting with own
    >>computer.
    >>
    >> But one thing disturbed me:
    >> Amongst various parameters by which MS graded an Operating System in
    >> their anti-Linux Training materials issued to BestBuy employees, was
    >> whether Windows or Linux include games e.g. World of Wizard, or some
    >> other junk, iPOD's/camera compatibility, VIDEO CHAT (!!!), and other
    >> utter nonsense for a business/professional!
    >>
    >> Are we becoming a nation of idiots?
    >> Do you realize how idiotic it looks to people whose IQ is above even a
    >> modest 100? Or to people abroad?
    >> Are they seriously grading Windows vs. Linux based on inclusion of World
    >> of Crafts, Wizard or whatever imbecile marketing/sales moron decided
    >> people need?
    >>
    >> Do you know what I do after each new Windows installation? I get myself
    >> Full COntrol permission and desotry all Games & Bloatware folders. I
    >> seek and destroy trash.
    >> TRASH TRASH TRASH
    >> And this is used to judge an Operating System?
    >>
    >> Shame on you sales cretin.
    >>
    >> I lved Windows, but when I saw that Microsoft's anti-Linux rant
    >> disseminated to Best Buy & other retailers workforce preparing to sell
    >> Windows7, I have to admit - the IQ level in Redmond is dropping.
    >> You can promote Windows, OK fine, every company promotes its product, but
    >> excuse me - don't compare Windows to Linux and say Window sis better
    >> because it has many games, shiny buttons, colors, plugins, video chat and
    >> other ways to waste time for Hip Hop generation whose IQ seems to be
    >> below room temperature... in Cendegrees!<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  9. Saucy wrote:<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > INLINE:
    >
    >
    > "Canuck57" <fred@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > news:uqSqm.427180$Ta5.354128@newsfe15.iad...<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >>
    >> "Andy Huang" <anson198002@163.com> wrote in message
    >> news:%23ZWd1o8MKHA.1268@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
    >><!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    >>> I use, will use and never betray Windows. It is superior, and I do
    >>> NOT want to waste a life on playing with Linux - its source codes &
    >>> technical issues on my work computer, because i have enough of such
    >>> as an Engineer, the last thing I want is to add more to my struggle
    >>> by fighting with own computer.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >>
    >> That is old. Many people run Linux without ever code bashing. In
    >> fact I am a technical user and adept at code bashing and distros like
    >> Ubuntu, I haven't code based for 4 years.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    >
    > You must have been so good at it too!
    >
    > <!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> If Microsoft released code there would be code bashing and more. But
    >> unlike Linux, Micro$oft doesn't give you the options. Ever read the
    >> EULA for both? Clearly, Linux gives you far more rights and the
    >> waranty is exactly the same for both, none.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    >
    > Cough. Of course the Linux license not red communism: you have every
    > right except the right to make a profit, I'm sure.
    >
    > <!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro--><!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    >>> But one thing disturbed me:
    >>> Amongst various parameters by which MS graded an Operating System in
    >>> their anti-Linux Training materials issued to BestBuy employees, was
    >>> whether Windows or Linux include games e.g. World of Wizard, or some
    >>> other junk, iPOD's/camera compatibility, VIDEO CHAT (!!!), and other
    >>> utter nonsense for a business/professional!<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >>
    >> When I hit this, and it indeed doesn't exist I reply "X-Windows for
    >> men, M$-Windows for boys". I usually wait until 3 or more of them are
    >> in earshot, at least one of them usually gets it.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    >
    > Why so .. Linux is the toy OS here.
    >
    > <!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro--><!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    >>> Are we becoming a nation of idiots?<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >>
    >> Einstein said it best, "The two things that are infinite is human
    >> stupidity and the size of the universe" and he wasn't sure of the later.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    >
    > Yeah, well he was a Jew in Germany so .. you know .. but people are
    > basically intelligent especially if one expects intelligence from them.
    >
    > <!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> Human nature, even in large groups can be stupid. Look at the history
    >> book, lots of examples.
    >><!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    >>> Do you know what I do after each new Windows installation? I get
    >>> myself Full COntrol permission and desotry all Games & Bloatware
    >>> folders. I seek and destroy trash.
    >>> TRASH TRASH TRASH
    >>> And this is used to judge an Operating System?<!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    >
    > Clean install a generic copy and you will enjoy Windows a lot more.
    >
    > <!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> Yes, and what a pita. 15 reboots of patches and software cleanup
    >> later you get a half usable system that isn't cluttered with nags and
    >> adware.
    >>
    >> OpenOffice, first thing I load.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    >
    > Sometimes an old Windows 98 style interface is adequate.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    When was the last time you tried it? Years, I bet. I know many people
    who prefer the interface of Open Office to the ribbon interface in MS
    Office 2007 because it looks so much more like the older versions of MS
    office they are used to (MS Office 2003 and older).
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > <!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro--><!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    >>> I lved Windows, but when I saw that Microsoft's anti-Linux rant
    >>> disseminated to Best Buy & other retailers workforce preparing to
    >>> sell Windows7, I have to admit - the IQ level in Redmond is dropping.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    >
    > Doubt it! They are a smart bunch. Yes, they worry about the competition,
    > but their work is excellent.
    >
    > <!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> The best part about Win 7 is Vista machines, otherwise good machiens
    >> will be on sale.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    >
    > Hm, yes, Windows 7 performs better on the same hardware than Windows Vista.
    >
    > <!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> Good time to buy one to load with Linux.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    >
    > Why waste good hardware? Get an OS that works: Windows 7 Professional
    >
    >
    > Saucy<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->



    --
    DRM and unintended consequences:
     
  10. Saucy

    Saucy Guest

    I like the ribbon. 'Nice change for the better. Some people like the old
    classic Start menu too, but the new one is better for a power user.

    Saucy



    "The poster formerly known as 'The Poster Formerly Known as Nina DiBoy'"
    <none@none.not> wrote in message news:h8hi3p$c93$5@aioe.org...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    ><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro--><!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    >>> OpenOffice, first thing I load.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >>
    >>
    >> Sometimes an old Windows 98 style interface is adequate.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    > When was the last time you tried it? Years, I bet. I know many people
    > who prefer the interface of Open Office to the ribbon interface in MS
    > Office 2007 because it looks so much more like the older versions of MS
    > office they are used to (MS Office 2003 and older).
    > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  11. Cody Jarrett

    Cody Jarrett Guest

    "Saucy" <saucylemon@newsgroup.nospam> wrote:
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >I like the ribbon. 'Nice change for the better. Some people like the old
    >classic Start menu too, but the new one is better for a power user.
    >
    >Saucy<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    You seem to have taken a liking to feeding the trolls.

    Buh-bye, bozo.
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >"The poster formerly known as 'The Poster Formerly Known as Nina DiBoy'"
    ><none@none.not> wrote in message news:h8hi3p$c93$5@aioe.org...<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >><!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    >>>> OpenOffice, first thing I load.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> Sometimes an old Windows 98 style interface is adequate.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >>
    >> When was the last time you tried it? Years, I bet. I know many people
    >> who prefer the interface of Open Office to the ribbon interface in MS
    >> Office 2007 because it looks so much more like the older versions of MS
    >> office they are used to (MS Office 2003 and older).
    >> <!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  12. Mr.Pancks

    Mr.Pancks Guest

    "Cody Jarrett" <artcody@jarrett.invalid> wrote in message
    news:bsqoa55vq4e53oem1rkocm062v9agss8k4@4ax.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > "Saucy" <saucylemon@newsgroup.nospam> wrote:
    ><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >>I like the ribbon. 'Nice change for the better. Some people like the old
    >>classic Start menu too, but the new one is better for a power user.
    >>
    >>Saucy<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    > You seem to have taken a liking to feeding the trolls.
    >
    > Buh-bye, bozo.
    ><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    You seem to have taken a liking to not answering a single question besides
    trolling.

    Get bent, loser.

    Linux trolls know more about Windows than you.
     
  13. DanS

    DanS Guest

    "Andy Huang" <anson198002@163.com> wrote in
    news:#ZWd1o8MKHA.1268@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl:
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > I use, will use and never betray Windows. It is superior, and I do
    > NOT want to waste a life on playing with Linux - its source codes &
    > technical issues on my work computer, because i have enough of such as
    > an Engineer, the last thing I want is to add more to my struggle by
    > fighting with own computer. <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Yes, I too have found that engineers typically fight their PC all day
    long because they lack a real understanding about how it works. (Unless
    of course they are a CS engineer.)

    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > ut one thing disturbed me:
    > Amongst various parameters by which MS graded an Operating System in
    > their anti-Linux Training materials issued to BestBuy employees, was
    > whether Windows or Linux include games e.g. World of Wizard, or some
    > other junk, iPOD's/camera compatibility, VIDEO CHAT (!!!), and other
    > utter nonsense for a business/professional!
    >
    > Are we becoming a nation of idiots?
    > Do you realize how idiotic it looks to people whose IQ is above even a
    > modest 100? Or to people abroad?
    > Are they seriously grading Windows vs. Linux based on inclusion of
    > World of Crafts, Wizard or whatever imbecile marketing/sales moron
    > decided people need?<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Yes, they are, as MS wants Windows to be used everywhere, for everything,
    by everyone. They also are not above lieing in their marketing scheme.

    There are millions of PC users in the world that don't give a sh*t about
    anything that you (as an engineer) and do nothing more than play games,
    and do internet things, which includes video chat.

    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Do you know what I do after each new Windows installation?<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Take the PC to someone that has a clue ?
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > I get
    > myself Full COntrol permission and desotry all Games & Bloatware
    > folders. I seek and destroy trash.
    > TRASH TRASH TRASH
    > And this is used to judge an Operating System?
    >
    > Shame on you sales cretin.
    >
    > I lved Windows, but when I saw that Microsoft's anti-Linux rant
    > disseminated to Best Buy & other retailers workforce preparing to sell
    > Windows7, I have to admit - the IQ level in Redmond is dropping.
    > You can promote Windows, OK fine, every company promotes its product,
    > but excuse me - don't compare Windows to Linux and say Window sis
    > better because it has many games, shiny buttons, colors, plugins,
    > video chat and other ways to waste time for Hip Hop generation whose
    > IQ seems to be below room temperature... in Cendegrees! <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    One trolls junk is another mans pleasures. Get over it.
     
  14. Saucy

    Saucy Guest

    Amusing myself, I 'guess. I gave Alias a good-bye though, no more "OS Wars"
    with neither him nor Gordon.

    Saucy


    "Cody Jarrett" <artcody@jarrett.invalid> wrote in message
    news:bsqoa55vq4e53oem1rkocm062v9agss8k4@4ax.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > "Saucy" <saucylemon@newsgroup.nospam> wrote:
    ><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >>I like the ribbon. 'Nice change for the better. Some people like the old
    >>classic Start menu too, but the new one is better for a power user.
    >>
    >>Saucy<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    > You seem to have taken a liking to feeding the trolls.
    >
    > Buh-bye, bozo.
    ><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >>"The poster formerly known as 'The Poster Formerly Known as Nina DiBoy'"
    >><none@none.not> wrote in message news:h8hi3p$c93$5@aioe.org...<!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    >>>
    >>>>> OpenOffice, first thing I load.
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> Sometimes an old Windows 98 style interface is adequate.
    >>>
    >>> When was the last time you tried it? Years, I bet. I know many people
    >>> who prefer the interface of Open Office to the ribbon interface in MS
    >>> Office 2007 because it looks so much more like the older versions of MS
    >>> office they are used to (MS Office 2003 and older).
    >>> <!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     

Share This Page