1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

I have lots of folders with little blue marks in VISTA 64

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Ritter197, Sep 14, 2009.

  1. Ritter197

    Ritter197 Guest

    I suddenly see a lot of folders with little blue marks when I look in
    Windows Explorer of the C: drive. I read that they are "junction points" but
    how can I access or fix that? Right now they all say "access denied"


    __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4425 (20090914) __________

    The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

     
  2. Rick Rogers

    Rick Rogers Guest

  3. "Ritter197" <Ritter197@Comcast.net> wrote in message
    news:5A058348-7852-46B7-A144-70E67D271405@microsoft.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >I suddenly see a lot of folders with little blue marks when I look in
    >Windows Explorer of the C: drive. I read that they are "junction points"
    >but how can I access or fix that? Right now they all say "access denied"
    >
    > __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus
    > signature database 4425 (20090914) __________
    >
    > The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    ><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->



    Don't try to fix that which is not broken.

    The junction points are there for legacy applications. They allow the
    application to "think" that they are writing to that location when, in fact,
    the writes are redirected to a valid location.

    Microsoft has been saying for many years that programs should not store user
    data in certain areas of the operating system. Now they are enforcing it.

    --

    Richard Urban
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows Desktop Experience
     
  4. Gordon

    Gordon Guest

    "Ritter197" <Ritter197@Comcast.net> wrote in message
    news:5A058348-7852-46B7-A144-70E67D271405@microsoft.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > I suddenly see a lot of folders with little blue marks when I look in
    > Windows Explorer of the C: drive. I read that they are "junction points"
    > but how can I access or fix that? Right now they all say "access denied"<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    You don't need to either access them or "fix it"

    Read this on junction points:
    Windows Vista Junction Points:

     
  5. Ritter197

    Ritter197 Guest

    Thanks, Good explanation.

    "Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    news:uQDT75cNKHA.1372@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > "Ritter197" <Ritter197@Comcast.net> wrote in message
    > news:5A058348-7852-46B7-A144-70E67D271405@microsoft.com...<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> I suddenly see a lot of folders with little blue marks when I look in
    >> Windows Explorer of the C: drive. I read that they are "junction points"
    >> but how can I access or fix that? Right now they all say "access denied"<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >
    > You don't need to either access them or "fix it"
    >
    > Read this on junction points:
    > Windows Vista Junction Points:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus
    > signature database 4427 (20090915) __________
    >
    > The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
    >
    >

    >
    >
    > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->


    __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4427 (20090915) __________

    The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

     

Share This Page