1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

I am having problems using the vista xps viewer

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Greg, Sep 13, 2009.

  1. Greg

    Greg Guest

    Hello,
    I am having problems using the vista xps viewer.
    I have dot net 3. and viewer turned on. just like this:
    To find out if you have .NET Framework 3.0
    1. Click the Start button , click Control Panel, and then click
    Programs.

    2. Under Programs and Features, click Turn Windows features on or
    off. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation,
    type the password or provide confirmation.

    3. Look for .NET Framework 3.0 in the list of features. If it's
    listed, double-click the folder to view its contents.

    4. In the .NET Framework 3.0 folder, make sure that the XPS Viewer
    check box is selected, and then click OK.



    I have also tried to create a shortcut like this
    C:\Windows\System32\XPSViewer\XPSViewer.exe %1
    and drag the xps file on it. But nothing happens.
    I do not even see the process starting in the task manager

    also I do see the XPSViewer.exe file in that directory.


    any ideas?
    thanks
     
  2. Bob

    Bob Guest

  3. Greg

    Greg Guest

    thanks, but I am not running 64 bit vista.
    I have windows vista home basic

    "Bob" <bob@nowhere.net> wrote in message
    news:u5UCnsMNKHA.3992@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > FIX: You cannot open an XPS document by using the Microsoft XPS Viewer on
    > a Windows Vista x64 edition-based computer that has .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
    > installed
    >
    >
    >
    > "Greg" <greg@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > news:OKWTsmLNKHA.5128@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> Hello,
    >> I am having problems using the vista xps viewer.
    >> I have dot net 3. and viewer turned on. just like this:
    >> To find out if you have .NET Framework 3.0
    >> 1. Click the Start button , click Control Panel, and then click
    >> Programs.
    >>
    >> 2. Under Programs and Features, click Turn Windows features on or
    >> off. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation,
    >> type the password or provide confirmation.
    >>
    >> 3. Look for .NET Framework 3.0 in the list of features. If it's
    >> listed, double-click the folder to view its contents.
    >>
    >> 4. In the .NET Framework 3.0 folder, make sure that the XPS Viewer
    >> check box is selected, and then click OK.
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> I have also tried to create a shortcut like this
    >> C:WindowsSystem32XPSViewerXPSViewer.exe %1
    >> and drag the xps file on it. But nothing happens.
    >> I do not even see the process starting in the task manager
    >>
    >> also I do see the XPSViewer.exe file in that directory.
    >>
    >>
    >> any ideas?
    >> thanks
    >>
    >><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    > <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  4. On 9/13/09, the entity Greg wrote this:<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > thanks, but I am not running 64 bit vista.
    > I have windows vista home basic<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    But Windows Vista Home Basic can exist in a 64-bit version, according
    to Microsoft...
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > "Bob" <bob@nowhere.net> wrote in message
    > news:u5UCnsMNKHA.3992@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green <!--/coloro-->
    >> FIX: You cannot open an XPS document by using the Microsoft XPS Viewer on a
    >> Windows Vista x64 edition-based computer that has .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
    >> installed
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> "Greg" <greg@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >> news:OKWTsmLNKHA.5128@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...<!--coloro:darkred--><span style="color:darkred <!--/coloro-->
    >>> Hello,
    >>> I am having problems using the vista xps viewer.
    >>> I have dot net 3. and viewer turned on. just like this:
    >>> To find out if you have .NET Framework 3.0
    >>> 1. Click the Start button , click Control Panel, and then click
    >>> Programs.
    >>>
    >>> 2. Under Programs and Features, click Turn Windows features on or
    >>> off. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation,
    >>> type the password or provide confirmation.
    >>>
    >>> 3. Look for .NET Framework 3.0 in the list of features. If it's
    >>> listed, double-click the folder to view its contents.
    >>>
    >>> 4. In the .NET Framework 3.0 folder, make sure that the XPS Viewer
    >>> check box is selected, and then click OK.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> I have also tried to create a shortcut like this
    >>> C:WindowsSystem32XPSViewerXPSViewer.exe %1
    >>> and drag the xps file on it. But nothing happens.
    >>> I do not even see the process starting in the task manager
    >>>
    >>> also I do see the XPSViewer.exe file in that directory.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> any ideas?
    >>> thanks
    >>>
    >>><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    >> <!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    --
    Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com
     

Share This Page