1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

How use Sysinternals Process Explorer

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by rmo555@cox.net, Sep 2, 2009.

  1. I have a program that seems to start by itself and hogs my CPU. I have
    Process Explorer on my PC - but don't know how to see which app started
    the "hog." Can anyone tell me? Thanks.........
     
  2. AJR

    AJR Guest

    Start with Task manager.

    You are asking for a lot of detailed information - check TechNet
    site -system internals for information.

    <rmo555@cox.net> wrote in message
    news:dset959mi1ej3oj3ms0fcmrbhsn5eih6pl@4ax.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >I have a program that seems to start by itself and hogs my CPU. I have
    > Process Explorer on my PC - but don't know how to see which app started
    > the "hog." Can anyone tell me? Thanks......... <!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
     
  3. Jon

    Jon Guest

    <rmo555@cox.net> wrote in message
    news:dset959mi1ej3oj3ms0fcmrbhsn5eih6pl@4ax.com...<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >I have a program that seems to start by itself and hogs my CPU. I have
    > Process Explorer on my PC - but don't know how to see which app started
    > the "hog." Can anyone tell me? Thanks.........<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->


    If you choose 'View > Process Tree' you may be able to spot the hog's
    parent; assuming that it hasn't itself already been killed in the
    slaughterhouse, figuratively speaking.

    Right-click process > Properties > Image (tab) may also provide some clues
    eg 'command line', 'parent' etc

    --
    Jon
     

Share This Page