1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

how to use eventviewer info?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Bob Jenkins, Sep 7, 2009.

  1. Bob Jenkins

    Bob Jenkins Guest

    I've got this little C app, "hog", that wants to use 1GB RAM of my 2GB
    RAM Vista box and all 8 cores and all I/O bandwidth of all disks for
    weeks at a time. I had trouble with it being paged out so I deleted
    the page files, and I turned off indexing and system restore, but I
    still get paging and slow I/O. More investigation required. At any
    rate, I ran it overnight, and when I came back in the morning to look
    at it, that caused it to die. I assume that's got something to do
    with running out of RAM.

    EventViewer, Windows Logs, Applications says hog died with APPCRASH,
    offset 00011bb3, error c0000094 (integer divide by zero). There were
    things written to the EventQueue, but they were deleted by the time I
    looked at them. EventViewer and the EventArchive didn't give me a
    stack trace. Hog only divides by nonzero constants.

    So my current question: can I persuade Vista to give me a stack trace
    when this happens? Can I get those things written to the EventQueue
    preserved? And that offset 00011bb3, is there anything useful I can
    do with it? Perhaps Visual Studio could tell me exactly where that is
    in my program? There was a bucket given too, I don't know what that
    meant. Is there anything else the EventViewer can give me that would
    give me leads to act on?
     
  2. Andy Huang

    Andy Huang Guest

    SERIOUSLY I GOT CHEAPEST ELECTRICAL COMPONETS AND SOFTWARE FOR YOUR SPECIFIC
    MARKET (USA), ALL MADE BY GOOD WORKERS AND WELL QUALITY:

    Contact
    Wantong Electronics Limited

    Person: Andy Huang

    Tel: 86 755 61681471 <--- country code is 86 for China!
    Fax: 86 755 61681470 <--- country code is 86 for China!

    Business Nature: Retailer | Distributor | Exporter | Wholesaler
    Major Product To Sell: anything you need, no counterfeits, no fraud ever!

    We're honest people who want your laboru.
     
  3. Andy Huang wrote:<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > SERIOUSLY I GOT CHEAPEST ELECTRICAL COMPONETS AND SOFTWARE FOR YOUR
    > SPECIFIC
    > MARKET (USA), ALL MADE BY GOOD WORKERS AND WELL QUALITY:<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    bull****.

    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    >
    > We're honest people who want your laboru.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    Don't you mean Labrador?
     

Share This Page