1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

How Do I: Open wuaudut.exe to examine progress.

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by tjdarth, Aug 28, 2009.

  1. tjdarth

    tjdarth Guest

    I have the windows update in the system tray and when I try to open it put
    to see it's progress, there is no response from the application? Even when I
    turn off the machine and later reboot, I still have the same problem. If I
    hover the mouse over the icon and it shows the percentage of work completed,
    but does not open the program

    Thanks in advance . . . .
    TomJ

    --
    Tom Johnson

    A+, MCP, CO#, XML, ASP.Net
     
  2. Here's what tjdarth wrote on 8/28/09:<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > I have the windows update in the system tray and when I try to open it put to
    > see it's progress, there is no response from the application? Even when I
    > turn off the machine and later reboot, I still have the same problem. If I
    > hover the mouse over the icon and it shows the percentage of work completed,
    > but does not open the program<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > Thanks in advance . . . .
    > TomJ<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    It's a feature :)

    It's also quite annoying...

    When you first start the download process, the window disappears and a
    little notification window pops up next to the system tray icon. To
    open the progress window, you have to click in that pop-up window
    before it disappears (times out) -- you can't open up the progress
    window later. And don't accidentally click on the little x in the upper
    right corner of the notification pop-up...

    --
    Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com
     

Share This Page