1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

How do I get rid of Multiple Desktop Folders?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by N_Monteiro!, Sep 6, 2009.

  1. N_Monteiro!

    N_Monteiro! Guest

    Hello, I'm Nigel. I'm having a problem with getting rid of multiple
    desktop folders on my laptop. I'm running on Vista Home Premium. The
    problem is that everytime I try to delete them, they tend to delete some
    of my files from the main desktop folder. It also states that the
    location is unavailable or that it's located in a disk or network.
    However, though I manage to delete the desktop files with no folders in
    them, they somehow tend to show up everytime I restart my computer. I'm
    not very experienced when coming to fixing a problem like this or with
    computers in general, so your help would be very much appreciated.

    Thank You!


    --
    N_Monteiro!
    Posted via
     
  2. Techfriend1

    Techfriend1 Guest

    It sounds like you may have a spyware or virus infection on your PC. I
    suggest starting in safe mode and then running a full system virus scan.
    Paul
     
  3. On Mon, 7 Sep 2009 09:33:45 -0400, "Techfriend1"
    <prohrbaugh03@earthlink.net> wrote:
    <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue <!--/coloro-->
    > It sounds like you may have a spyware or virus infection on your PC. I
    > suggest starting in safe mode and then running a full system virus scan.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->


    Please quote enough of the message you're responding to to put your
    reply into context (as I did above). Many newsgroup participants (me,
    for example) don't save already-read messages and a message without a
    quote is likely to be completely unintelligible to many people.

    --
    Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
    Please Reply to the Newsgroup
     

Share This Page